PDA

View Full Version : TGCA All-State Softball is out

middleagecardinal
06-09-2004, 09:51 AM
http://www.austintgca.com/sball/All_State_Teams.htm

Dulce04
06-09-2004, 11:33 AM
When I went there.... it was the 2003 all state teams... are you sure the new ones are listed?

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 11:50 AM
I think they listed it as the 03-04 school year maybe....but congrats

middleagecardinal
06-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Conference 3A
Name School Coach
Casey Matzke Wharton David Orsag
Kasi Dobbs Decatur Lauri Candioto
Brandi Crnkovic Caldwell Wendy Weiss
Jessica Hunt Van Susanne Braly
Casie Everitt Splendora Val Weldon
Jessica Lemoine Bridge City Sissy Lemons
Ryan Sohoski Hamshire-Fannett Charlene Decuir
Clarissa Cantu Decatur Lauri Candioto
Shelley Ruscher Needville C. J. Mazac
Sarah Dorenkamp Sealy Casey Anderson
Jenna Pumphrey Needville C. J. Mazac
Heather Holman Paris North Lamar Kathy Barker
Cara Hulme Van Suzanne Braly
Ashley Dickson Muleshoe Steve Dunn
Jami Lobpries Wharton David Orsag
Jennifer Rodriguez Splendora Val Weldon
Laura Clanton Snyder Darren Pool
Caitlyn Luetge Rockdale Jeff Maynard
Kara Johnson Sinton Andy Villasana, III
Jessica Heine Burnet Roger Moore
Courtney Spittler Caldwell Wendy Weiss
Michelle Pratt Comanche Judy Lacy
Mandy Berger Yoakum Darren Mikulik
Meagan Godwin Bridge City Sissy Lemons
Megan McGill Brownsboro Julie Neal
Michelle Ege Troy Laura Castillo
Megan Thomas Borger Mitsy Shaklee
Natalie Solis Diboll Pam Bass

Dulce04
06-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Has the all star teams been released? Everytime I got to the TGCA website.... I still haven't been able to find out the list on there.

middleagecardinal
06-09-2004, 12:48 PM
All-Star letters were sent out June 4th and the team will not be announced until the players respond. (They need to know who will play or not)

18handicap
06-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Even though it says 2003-2004 all state, it is this year's all state. 2003-04 means it the 2003-04 school year. As chairperson of the softball committee I can say that the list is correct.

lobo12
06-09-2004, 05:47 PM
wow monahans made it to the state tournament and not one player made all state?

Old Cardinal
06-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Cong't to the winners....I am a little surprised that Huntington, Lufkin Hudson, Barbers Hill, Monahans, Borger, Canyon and Orangefield did not have better representation?

CRHSeagle
06-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know where i can find the all district picks?

PhiI C
06-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Old that is a problem every year. There is always someone that should be on that was left off. Of course the problem is who would she replace. So many good ones.

18handicap
06-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Problem was that even though we had more nominations than ever, some of the schools that you mentioned did not submit any nominations for the all state team. Also, some of the nominations came in without any information on the player, i.e. stats. Also, by rule of the TGCA, no more than 2 players from any school can be selected on the all-state team (1 on the all-star).

There were some new schools represented and I was happy with the participation. One school you didn't mention was my school, and even though I sent in nominations, they didn't make it and that is ok. In my mind if they were good enough to be nominated, then I take that as an honor also. There are so many good players that didn't make this team and this team was expanded this year from 15 to 28. No matter how big we make it, there will be some great players left off.

Dulce04
06-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Can somebody please post a website that i can go to to check the all state honors and stuff like that because when i go to the TGCA website... the years are all last years players... 2002-2003... not this years. I don't know if it's just my computer or what but its still not showing this years for me.

La Grange
06-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Mandi Bertsch and Jaime Mutschink are two very good softball players. Mandi will be a junior next year and Jaime will only be a sophmore, both of these gilrs were first team all-district this year.

Old Cardinal
06-10-2004, 09:13 AM
I see that Muleshoe has an All Stater, with the same Coach that got the very mediocere Taft team-- two of them last year. I really can't see Monahans with a couple of impressive players not getting one out that way and Muleshoe of all teams getting one. I think it is time that you get some of the committee changed out-it appears to an outsider that there is some "trading out" that gets in the way of getting the very best preformers in the spots.....Any comments 18H?, DugoutCoach, others?

Dulce04
06-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Where is Lindale on this list? Doesn't make sense to me! I know that everyone says the list is posted but I can't get to it. I keep going to the website and it's just last years. What's the deal? If anyone knows please tell me.

middleagecardinal
06-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Dulce, try hitting the refresh button on one of the TGCA pages then hitting the link to the All-State page. Other than that, I don't know.

18handicap
06-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Old Cardinal, I agree 1000% with your statement. I was there and saw it in action again this year. Dugout Coach won't know about the meeting because he isn't a coach, but I'm friends with him and tell him a lot of things. I really need to watch what I say so it doesn't get back to people, but ....I'll send you a PM and then you can tell what you want to tell, but you'll understand what I'm talking about...

lobo12
06-20-2004, 07:44 PM
thanks oc i agree and i am also wondering where lindale is on the list