PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ronald Reagan Quote

Sans Couth
06-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Post your favorite one here.

Here is one of mine.

"This fellow they've nominated claims he's the new Thomas Jefferson. Well let me tell you something; I knew Thomas Jefferson. He was a friend of mine and Governor... You're no Thomas Jefferson!"

sinton66
06-08-2004, 10:42 PM
My favorite is:
"I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. congress."

SintonFan
06-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Post your favorite one here.

Here is one of mine.

"This fellow they've nominated claims he's the new Thomas Jefferson. Well let me tell you something; I knew Thomas Jefferson. He was a friend of mine and Governor... You're no Thomas Jefferson!"
That was during the pesidential debate in '83 wasn't it? I watched that.

3afan2K3
06-08-2004, 11:57 PM
http://www.game-designz.com/images/GIF/reagan.jpg

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 12:00 AM
He had so many great quotes but this is a good one:
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions"

pinecone
06-09-2004, 12:06 AM
A funny quote I heard this week. It was after the visit of South Africa's D. TuTu who had trashed him. Media asked Reagan what he thought of TuTu. He replied, "TuTu so so."

Sans Couth
06-09-2004, 12:15 AM
A couple more...

"Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence."

and

"The best social program is a productive job for anyone who's willing to work."

espn1
06-09-2004, 12:20 AM
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

spiveyrat
06-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Not necessarily my favorite, but a good one nontheless. Heard it on TV last night.

To Tip O'Neal:

"Tip if I had a ticket to heaven and you didn't, I'd give mine away and go to hell with you."

spiveyrat
06-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Just saw this...

http://boortz.com/images/reagan-ten.jpg

HighSchool Fan
06-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Just saw this...

http://boortz.com/images/reagan-ten.jpg

That's sweet

Crow22
06-09-2004, 10:36 AM
During a Presidential debate with Mondale, the questioner was asking Reagan if he would be able to withstand times of crisis such as Kennedy did during the Cuban Missle crisis.........he was obviously asking in a subconcious way if Reagan's age would be a problem. Reagan replied with the answer that blew age out of the race for good....

"Oh, no. I won't have any problems but I absolutely refuse to bring age into this debate. I will not, for political purposes, exploit my opponents youth and inexperience."

Even Mondale started laughing....

kaorder1999
06-09-2004, 11:58 AM
"tell them to win one for the gipper"

kaorder1999
06-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
During a Presidential debate with Mondale, the questioner was asking Reagan if he would be able to withstand times of crisis such as Kennedy did during the Cuban Missle crisis.........he was obviously asking in a subconcious way if Reagan's age would be a problem. Reagan replied with the answer that blew age out of the race for good....

"Oh, no. I won't have any problems but I absolutely refuse to bring age into this debate. I will not, for political purposes, exploit my opponents youth and inexperience."

i laughed when saw that on tv recently

SintonFan
06-10-2004, 03:04 AM
This IS a favorite:

When you see all that rhetorical smoke billowing up from the Democrats, well ladies and gentleman, I'd follow the example of their nominee; don't inhale.
This was in 1992. LOL

SintonFan
06-10-2004, 03:18 AM

Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.
Another favorite.:)

aamove
06-11-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Crow22

He had a better way of putting into words things that a lot of people could only think.