PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Gobblers

Pudlugger
08-14-2002, 09:40 AM
La Grange tests its metal Saturday in the first scrimmage of the season against perenial powerhouse Cuero. They have a strong winning tradition and should provide the Leps with a tough match-up. Any Gobbler fans out there? Tell us about your team, its players and offense and defense.

The Leps run the veer alot, and use a 4-3 defensive set. Players to watch will be Chase Anderle at QB, Greg Boothe at fullback, Lance Schramm at end, and Eric Pittman at wide receiver. Defense will boast Anderle at corner, Sam Gunn at safety, and Josh Johnson at middle linebacker. The offensive line will be big and fast off the ball this year, with Justin Lehman anchoring the right side at guard. I expect with Boothe's power, they will be running right at the defense up the middle this year. When the D adjusts, look out for Anderle on the option play.

bd62
08-14-2002, 05:36 PM
where and at what time is this scrimmage.
yoakum got wharton saturday morning at 1000.
since they are in our district i know some about cuero. they have a very big team on both sides of line with cody wallace as one of the big linemen in state. they will have a good secondary with most of those guys back. chris taylor is a good running back. there q.b. job is wide open and thats what they will be looking for in there scrimmages.should be a very competive scrimmage. hopely both teams will get to see where they are without no injuries. thats what you worry about this early in season.

Pudlugger
08-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Sat at noon in La Grange. Should be a good scrimmage. I agree, injuries are always a threat early on. Hopefully all will be well and the kids can have a good workout.