PDA

View Full Version : 19aaa

Old Tiger
06-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Making the playoffs out of this district will be La Grange, Manor, and Rockdale.(No particular order)

****Below Is Not Listed In A Particular Order****

Rockdale - returning 18 back from a 6-5 playoff team. Many key positions are returning. **Key losses are Jamal Williams, Stryker Sulak, and Michael Menley.

La Grange - Consistantly good and fills positions very well. They're a contender for a state championship every year.

Manor - returning a lot from a team that barely got beat by a great Jasper team. Swain is a key player for them at the reciever position.

Hutto - They are a young team that is on the rise. I don't see them doing much in this tough 8 team district.

Cameron Yoe - The are returning 20 something seniors. I look for the to be in the hunt for 4th place. Sources tell me they are going 8 seniors on both sides of the ball. It doesn't mean nothing because they are the same team as last year pretty much.

Caldwell - Returning plenty players from a team who finished 3rd in the old 18AAA district. I see them battling for the 3rd playoff spot with whom ever it may be. Caldwell is usually stout, but sometimes they don't schedule the right teams in pre-district to prepare for the tough district games they'll face.

Smithville - They will probably finish last in this 8 team district. Things don't seem to be going for them in the past 3 years and I don't see them making a move this year either. I haven't seen a schedule so I can't predict how many games they will win.

Giddings - They graduated a bunch of talent in the class of 2004. They will also be battling it out for the 3rd playoff spot or for 4th place with Cameron Yoe. **Key losses are Dwain Crawford and the DE(Not Sure On His Name). Their coach always seems to have the right players where they need to be.

Any comments?

marlin fan
06-08-2004, 07:09 PM
good observations!!!n ill be rooting for La Grange, Rockdale,Caldwell and Cameron!!! good luck to all teams thought!!!

Pudlugger
06-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Hutto might surprise some folks they have a lot of guys coming back and some BIG lineman.

La Grange needs to fill the O Line as they have 3 open slots at guard tackle and center. They will be solid in all other areas and will have speed to burn in the backfield with 5 guys at 4.4-4.6 speed. They will be a running team next year as no qb so far has a big arm but all have great speed. It might depend on how well the underclassmen step up to fill the O-line positions. Otherwise it could be a tough year for the Leps in this very competetive 8 team district.

Pudlugger
06-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
good observations!!!n ill be rooting for La Grange, Rockdale,Caldwell and Cameron!!! good luck to all teams thought!!!

Good lucjk to the Bulldogs. It would be terrific to get a shot at yall again next year. BTW, I enjoy reading your posts. Keep it up.

LGHernandez#5
06-08-2004, 08:10 PM
I predict La Grange to win District but it isn't going to be a easy road for us.We are going to some struggles but I think in the end we will be alright.

marlin fan
06-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Good lucjk to the Bulldogs. It would be terrific to get a shot at yall again next year. BTW, I enjoy reading your posts. Keep it up.
aww thanks!!! yeah it would be nice to play yall again... i was hopin that marlin had its bye week the week yall played Rockdale, i was gonna come and see yall but we dont have our bye week till week 10 so ima try and make the Rockdale Caldwell game... i hope i get to meet people this year!!!!

Old Tiger
06-08-2004, 08:58 PM
we shall meet again after the game :D

Cameronbystander
06-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Cameron must find a running game. They have tremendous speed and a good crop of receivers. The line will be better than last year which will make a difference in giving Mulluins time to throw (he was the all-district quarterback last year). But there is no running back stepping up right now.

If someone steps up an can get 80 to 100 yards per game then Cameron can be 8-2. Without this they will probably be 4-6 and out of the playoffs. They do have a couple of good underclassmen that will help the returning seniors.
It will be an interesting year in Cameron. This is not a town that is used to losing and even though the talent was way down last year, if we have another big losing year, Coach Mullins might not be able to keep his job.

La Grange
06-09-2004, 08:56 AM
The LG O-line really won't be that big of a deal next year. Franke is turning out to be a great ball player, so he will fill the center spot. Hickle is moving from center to guard or tackle, I don't remember. The soon to be sophmore class has a lot of big raw talent that can fill any spots needed.

And remember defense wins championships, not offense, so I think we will be pretty decent with the guys we have on D returning.

Pudlugger
06-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by La Grange
The LG O-line really won't be that big of a deal next year. Franke is turning out to be a great ball player, so he will fill the center spot. Hickle is moving from center to guard or tackle, I don't remember. The soon to be sophmore class has a lot of big raw talent that can fill any spots needed.

And remember defense wins championships, not offense, so I think we will be pretty decent with the guys we have on D returning.

I agree LG will find talent and /or develop it on the O line. I am curious as to how having three scrimages and the first game in week one instead of 2 scrimages and the first game in week zero will affect the LG habit of poor showings in game 1.
It doesn't help that the toughest opponent on the schedule is the first game-Cuero. However this will be more like a second game, as I suspect Coach V will have most positions down by then and the team will have faced some good opponents in the 3 scrimages. I look forward to a very exciting season this year as the Leps have a bunch of speed and talent coming back. Good luck to yall.

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 05:21 AM
I see it:

1. Manor
2. Hutto
3. La Grange

Don't sleep on the Hippos.
Talented at the skill positions. Kerley is a gamebreaker!!

La Grange
06-10-2004, 08:21 PM
:rolleyes:

La Grange finishing 3rd in district :D , sure whatever you say. Kerley is decent, but no were near a gamebreaker.

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 10:14 PM
I knew I could get someone from La Grange worked up!!:D :D :D

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Also, I think Kerley is a little more than "decent". He was only a Freshman last year.

La Grange
06-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Well our quarterback will be a Junior next year, and he has been the back up q.b. for two years. His first time to touch the ball in a varstiy game as a freshman he ran for 70 yards. Kerely will lose more games do-to himselft than he will win them. Hutto will be in the same situation they were last year at the end of the season this year.

These are the teams to beat in 19aaa:
1. La Grange
2. Manor
3. Rockdale
4. Giddings

Everyone after that in my mind is playing of heart.

And you did an outstanding job in getting someone from LG worked up :D .

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks.

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Seriously, I see it as a Manor/La Grange shootout for the district title. Third place is up for grabs. (I do like the Hippos in third.)

Pudlugger
06-10-2004, 10:33 PM
La Grange, Hutto has some very big lineman and some good skill people back. Don't count them out. I agree with Mustang'89 they will be the darkhorse in 19aaa.

La Grange
06-10-2004, 10:40 PM
I am not counting anyone out. Hutto had big linemen last year and the year before that, but we handled the pretty lightly both years. LG and Manor are two distinctly different caliber teams than anyone in the district in my opinion.

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 10:48 PM
I am not counting anyone out. Hutto had big linemen last year and the year before that, but we handled the pretty lightly both years. LG and Manor are two distinctly different caliber teams than anyone in the district in my opinion.

Hutto was a team full a Freshman and Sophmore last year. That's Freshman and Sophmores with a year of Varsity experience that were in the thick of the playoff race in the "Last Week" of the regular season.

It's the teams that you overlook that come back to nip you in the butt. Manor overlooked them last year and nearly lost that game.

Pudlugger
06-10-2004, 10:50 PM
I agree, Hutto has some seasoned guys coming back. Don't take them lightly.

La Grange
06-10-2004, 10:50 PM
We beat Hutto 34-10 :D .

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 10:53 PM
We beat Hutto 34-10 :D .

OK!!! But don't say I didn't warn you.:p :p :p

Pudlugger
06-10-2004, 10:57 PM
La Grange don't get over confident. Hubrus and all, you know.:hairpunk:

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
La Grange don't get over confident. Hubrus and all, you know.:hairpunk:

You see what's happening to the Lakers right now. It happens to the best of us.

Old Tiger
06-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Mustang '89
You see what's happening to the Lakers right now. It happens to the best of us. they are just getting beat...

we shut out hutto in the scrimmage.

Mustang '89
06-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
they are just getting beat...

we shut out hutto in the scrimmage.

I think you are missing the point Old Tiger.:doh: :doh: :doh:

hutex04
06-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Hutto had nothing but freshmen and sophmores last year. Look for it to be like this
1. Manor
2. La Grange
3. Hutto
4. Caldwell
5. Rockdale
6. Giddings
7. Cameron
8. Smithville