PDA

View Full Version : Your 3A Top 20

Old Tiger
06-08-2004, 03:23 PM
What is some of yalls 3a top 20?

marlin fan
06-08-2004, 06:16 PM
hmmm i dont know about any teams but marlin so here is mine... dont get mad at me!!!

MARLIN
Atlanta
Gainsville
Bellville
La Grange
WOS
Port Isabel
Jasper
Navasota
Palestine
La Vega
Rockdale
Mexia
Fairfield
Lorena
Connally
Cameron(they should be very good this year)
Gatesville
China Spring
midland greenwood

Sans Couth
06-08-2004, 06:20 PM
LOL,

Gainesville is the only team you have picked North of I-30 And Atlanta is the only team you have located North of I-20:rolleyes:

marlin fan
06-08-2004, 06:22 PM
i told u i dont know about any teams but marlin and iv played atlanta i and i know Gainsville because they won state LOL

Goldenstick
06-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Tough thing to do but here it goes!

1.Gainsville - State Champs
2.Jasper - Semi-finalist with a lot returning
3.West Orange- Stark - Drop to 3A should make them a contender
4.Marlin - Always make a run
5.Bellville- Gone deep the past few years
6.Atlanta - Defending champs losing a lot, will reload
7.Gilmer- Solid East Texas football
8.Rice Consolidated- Solid program
9.Daingerfield-Always tough
10.Decatur
11.Cuero
12.Kennedale
13.Carrollton Ranchview
14.Sinton
15.La Grange
16.Lindale
17.Sealy
18.Liberty Hill
19.Longview Spring Hill
20.Waco Connally

Thoughts?

Old Tiger
06-08-2004, 06:42 PM
looks good to me

Ray_BearKat
06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
I think you might be missing Port Isabel.

Goldenstick
06-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Where would Port Isabel go?

Sans Couth
06-08-2004, 07:29 PM
After the way Atlanta Thrashed Marlin, I don't think they should be rated above them. IMO:nerd: :p

jason
06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
After the way Atlanta Thrashed Marlin, I don't think they should be rated above them. IMO:nerd: :p yeah, theres a little home town love in that poll....lol....

marlin fan
06-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by jason
yeah, theres a little home town love in that poll....lol....
Yep Marlin Bulldogs #1 in My heart!!!!!:D

La Grange
06-09-2004, 08:48 AM
1. Gainsville- Last years undefeated D1 State Champ, so they deserve to be here untill someone else says otherwise.

2. Jasper- With the possibility of the 'dogs going to D2 they are going to be a force. Jasper always feilds a nice team and I think this year will be no different

3. West Orange Stark- A perennial 4a powerhouse, so dropping down to 3a is not going to hurt them...that much.

4. Rice Consolidated- Returning a all-star runner in Huffman, but a tough district and region might put a damper on there return trip to the Region Finals.

5. Atlanta- The D2 state-champion, and with a heavy senior class last year I think that number five is a very respectable spot for the Rabs'.

6. Abilene Wylie- Wylie has good coaching and always has a strong team, so sixth is wear I place them.

7. Decatur- With a very respectable season last year and some key stars returning Decatur will be a force.

8. Marlin- D2 State Runner-Up and a team that always has alot of very real talent, I see Marlin to be in the mix for the D2 Region III crown.

9. Sinton- With Burnet on to 4a Sinton has a playoff obstacle takin care off, and returning some nice players dosent hurt either lol.

10. Port Isabel- With there not really being any heavily talented teams in D2 Region IV this year I see Port Isabel returning to the Semi-Finals, and loseing to the Region III winner agian. Losing Iracheta wasn't a good thing for the Tarpon's offense.

11. Cuero- Losing in the first round to Wharton really steamed Cuero, and I see Cuero and Latreal Cooper running over the opposition for more than just 11 games.

12. La Grange- This is the lowest wanna be pre-season ranking La Grange has had in the last four years. La Grange with return some key players on D, but will really have to struggle on their O. La Grange's D gave Marlin only 5 first downs on the field......but sad to say 21 points on the score board, so their defense was and is for real. I see La Grange winning district 19, and possibly losing only one game to Cuero in pre-season. And come playoff time you never know about them Leps. With all the speed coming back the Leps won't have to go far to gain some respect.

13. Gilmer- Great team, Great players, Great coach, and need I say more. Look for another Atlanta vs. Gilmer match up in Region II.

14. Vernon- Reach the Semi-Finals in D2 and I see them having another great year.

15. Bellville- Lost alot of really really great talent, but the Bramahas always seem to field a great team. If Emanuel Sanders steps up the Bramahas might have a chance.

16. Waco Connally- This just seemed like a great spot to put Conally lol.

17. Carthage- Will be in the hunt for a ring, but I don't like their chances. Region II is primed with excellant teams.

18. Kennedale- A lot of people hate on Kennedale lol, so 18 is were I put them, The loss of Rex is really going to hurt them. Putting Kenedale in Region II wasn't a present fromt he UIL I might add.

19. Diboll- yeah, I don't know I am running out of teams and they seem to have a nice team lately.

20. Manor- I'm not going to lie, I really hate Manor, but with Swain returning I have to give them number 20. But, I do see them losing to La Grange in district and going ont the D1 scene again and probably losing to WOS in the Region III final.

CatWoman
06-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Tough thing to do but here it goes!

1.Gainsville - State Champs
2.Jasper - Semi-finalist with a lot returning
3.West Orange- Stark - Drop to 3A should make them a contender
4.Marlin - Always make a run
5.Bellville- Gone deep the past few years
6.Atlanta - Defending champs losing a lot, will reload
7.Gilmer- Solid East Texas football
8.Rice Consolidated- Solid program
9.Daingerfield-Always tough
10.Decatur
11.Cuero
12.Kennedale
13.Carrollton Ranchview
14.Sinton
15.La Grange
16.Lindale
17.Sealy
18.Liberty Hill
19.Longview Spring Hill
20.Waco Connally

Thoughts?

Abilene Wylie and Vernon need to be in the top 10 somewhere!

FbCoachB
06-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Are you kidding me? Rice Consol. in top 20. There not even top two in their district. My prediction.... Rice will be lucky to make the playoffs, and will not go past second round of playoffs for sure.
Everyone is overlooking Wharton? Come on guys they have been loaded for a while now

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Bellville lost a lot, I think Rice Cons. can beat them this year. And are you kidding me, Huffman is one of the best runners in 3a this year.

Crow22
06-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Huffman (Rice Cons) and Purvey (Gainesville) are probably the best 2 runners in 3A this year. Huff's the real deal folks....

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by La Grange
1. Gainsville- Last years undefeated D1 State Champ, so they deserve to be here untill someone else says otherwise.

2. Jasper- With the possibility of the 'dogs going to D2 they are going to be a force. Jasper always feilds a nice team and I think this year will be no different

3. West Orange Stark- A perennial 4a powerhouse, so dropping down to 3a is not going to hurt them...that much.

4. Rice Consolidated- Returning a all-star runner in Huffman, but a tough district and region might put a damper on there return trip to the Region Finals.

5. Atlanta- The D2 state-champion, and with a heavy senior class last year I think that number five is a very respectable spot for the Rabs'.

6. Abilene Wylie- Wylie has good coaching and always has a strong team, so sixth is wear I place them.

7. Decatur- With a very respectable season last year and some key stars returning Decatur will be a force.

8. Marlin- D2 State Runner-Up and a team that always has alot of very real talent, I see Marlin to be in the mix for the D2 Region III crown.

9. Sinton- With Burnet on to 4a Sinton has a playoff obstacle takin care off, and returning some nice players dosent hurt either lol.

10. Port Isabel- With there not really being any heavily talented teams in D2 Region IV this year I see Port Isabel returning to the Semi-Finals, and loseing to the Region III winner agian. Losing Iracheta wasn't a good thing for the Tarpon's offense.

11. Cuero- Losing in the first round to Wharton really steamed Cuero, and I see Cuero and Latreal Cooper running over the opposition for more than just 11 games.

12. La Grange- This is the lowest wanna be pre-season ranking La Grange has had in the last four years. La Grange with return some key players on D, but will really have to struggle on their O. La Grange's D gave Marlin only 5 first downs on the field......but sad to say 21 points on the score board, so their defense was and is for real. I see La Grange winning district 19, and possibly losing only one game to Cuero in pre-season. And come playoff time you never know about them Leps. With all the speed coming back the Leps won't have to go far to gain some respect.

13. Gilmer- Great team, Great players, Great coach, and need I say more. Look for another Atlanta vs. Gilmer match up in Region II.

14. Vernon- Reach the Semi-Finals in D2 and I see them having another great year.

15. Bellville- Lost alot of really really great talent, but the Bramahas always seem to field a great team. If Emanuel Sanders steps up the Bramahas might have a chance.

17. Carthage- Will be in the hunt for a ring, but I don't like their chances. Region II is primed with excellant teams.

18. Kennedale- A lot of people hate on Kennedale lol, so 18 is were I put them, The loss of Rex is really going to hurt them. Putting Kenedale in Region II wasn't a present fromt he UIL I might add.

19. Diboll- yeah, I don't know I am running out of teams and they seem to have a nice team lately.

20. Manor- I'm not going to lie, I really hate Manor, but with Swain returning I have to give them number 20. But, I do see them losing to La Grange in district and going ont the D1 scene again and probably losing to WOS in the Region III final.
Looks like a solid poll. Switching Sinton and Cuero would be a good idea. Cuero spanked Sinton last year with a solid power running game and they have lots of talent coming back.

kaorder1999
06-09-2004, 11:56 AM
that looks good to me too

Z motion 10 out on 2
06-09-2004, 02:10 PM
There are several Region I teams that I foresee being very good football teams next year: Abilene Wylie, Vernon, Graham, Iowa Park, Sweetwater, and Decatur to name a few.

Since my son graduated from Vernon last year I can tell you a few things about them:

Offense - Returning all their skill positions (QB, RB, FB) along with two linemen. They will have to replace the WR (But they don't pass too often so for what that will be worth). They also have several younger players that have some size on them for the line. Replacing C, OG, OT. Their offense will be in the second year of the "wing t" system. Just that will help these players execute better. Players to watch: RB, Favors; FB, Hall; QB, Shur (All three have played varsity since they were sophomores). OT, Martinez.

Defense
This was Vernon's bread and Butter last season. They will return two Lb's. They will miss Gilcrest who played the "monster" position and will need to find a quality player to make up there. Vernon's secondary was one of the best in the state last year. Two of the four return. CB, Favors (a two way starter) with a season like last year should expect to go to a D-I College. FS, Wietner was a heck of a run stopper and has great size. Look for Cook, who also has good size to make a big contribution. He did see limited playing time last year.

Several defensive linemen saw considerable playing time last year and although they did not start, expect them to have already been game day tested. Players to watch: CB, Favors; FS, Weitner; LB, Craighead; LB, Bodine; DT, Denton.

Overall I would grade the Lions at a solid "A" and they should be ranked in the AP top 10 at the beginning of the season. They also get some great competition early. The Wylie / Vernon matchup should be a good measuring stick.

LGHernandez#5
06-09-2004, 05:20 PM
What does Huffman run in the 40?

Sans Couth
06-09-2004, 06:49 PM

Just an observation.

Atlanta's Record Since the beginning of District Play:

Marlin 34-0
Vernon 32-14
Gilmer 34-14
Jefferson 21-0
Pilot Point 19-0
Mount Vernon 42-17
Texarkana LE 35-0
New Boston 27-7
Pleasant Grove 40-14
Daingerfiled 7-3
Queen City 56-6

With the exception of Queen City & Texarkana LE the other 8 teams on this list fared much better against Atlanta than Marlin did. Texarkana LE only lost by ONE more point than Marlin. But you have Marlin ranked ahead of everyone on this list, and Vernon and Gilmer are the only ones on your top 20. Heck Daingerfield had a better showing than anyone on the list against Atlanta, and they don't make your top 20 but Vernon and Gilmer do? How is it that Marlin makes your top TEN and Daingerfield gets snuffed? I realize that common opponents don't mean much, but if you are going to put Marlin at number 8 you need to check out the numbers. Just My opinion.:D

marlin fan
06-09-2004, 08:41 PM
hehe Marlin bulldogs #1 in my heart!!!! dont hate sans couth j/k:D

La Grange
06-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Marlin has Tank Smith next year, guy. And that is my opinion, not yours :D . Daingerfield made the list at 123 right behind Smithville and Cameron.

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Marlin also has Jeramy Sanders

La Grange
06-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah and I heard Rockdale has this kid Casey Lane :D .

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Yeah and I heard Rockdale has this kid Casey Lane :D .
Is he any good?

La Grange
06-09-2004, 09:48 PM
The inside scoop is that he is "fast" and "agile", but in other words no not really :D .

He was pretty good at 7 on 7, a lot better than me. He had color cordinating sweat bands :rolleyes: , so you better watch out :D .

marlin fan
06-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Marlin also has Jeramy Sanders
we also have Devon Hughes, Kenny Evans, jazmine Thomas, and a few other good people

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 09:50 PM
The inside scoop is that he is "fast" and "agile", but in other words no not really :D .

He was pretty good at 7 on 7, a lot better than me. He had color cordinating sweat bands :rolleyes: , so you better watch out :D . the sweatbands make or break you:p

La Grange
06-09-2004, 09:53 PM
That must be the reason we are not anygood at 7 on 7 :D . I am going to have to talk to Coach V. tomorrow at the workouts about ordering us some LG sweat bands :D .

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 09:55 PM
yea they keep your arms dry and protect you from the ball slipping out :D and they look really cool too

Sans Couth
06-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Marlin has Tank Smith next year, guy. And that is my opinion, not yours :D . Daingerfield made the list at 123 right behind Smithville and Cameron.

They had Tank last year too didn't they?:D

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 09:57 PM

He was pretty good at 7 on 7, a lot better than me. He had color cordinating sweat bands :rolleyes: , so you better watch out :D .
LOL!
You'd better watch that "color coordinating" talk though...:evillaugh

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
yea they keep your arms dry and protect you from the ball slipping out :D and they look really cool too
umm, you're really not helping your case...

marlin fan
06-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
They had Tank last year too didn't they?:D
haha very funny!!!!:rolleyes: :D

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Did you see our shirts :D , you would have to have like a jet pack or something to look cool while you are wearing those shirts :D .

Our shirts are like this horrible yellow, with a huge LG symbol that is real cool looking just not on those, on the back we have our lone sponsor Hengst Printing.

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:07 PM
i don't think those would of helped...lol...ours are decent

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Ours are so cheap is because we got to design them, and since we had to pay for them we picked the cheapest ones :D .

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:18 PM
lol....

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:19 PM
yall should get sponsors and get the sponsors to pitch in and help pay for good ones

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah we should :D , but it is no big deal.

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:23 PM
i guess not, man if yall had to rely on passing during regular football how would yall make it :D:p

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:27 PM
We tried to agianst Marlin and they picked it off and ran it back for a touchdown in the 4th quarter :D .

I was so mad that I forgot that after they scored D had to go out for the kick block. My LB coach gave me the headset to listen to the press box coaches start freaking out about 10 guys on the field, then he took the head set away and he calmly said, "Well Tanner I don't think I saw you hear, you were on the field right?" :D

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:30 PM
lol, that sucks...i've been in that situation once i think?

What sucked when we played Marlin was having Red on my side of the field pretty much the whole night :( I couldn't do nothing

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:32 PM
What was great though about playing Marlin was that Marlin's first possesion they gave it to Tank the first play and I stripped it and we recovered.

Then we marched down the field to about the 2 yard line and got stuffed on 4th down :D .

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:36 PM
pretty good....I also got hit by Jermany Griffin man is he big! I was 2cd string CB so I got to play at the end and I almost chased down one of their RB's #45 I think not real sure. If we would of had about 10 more yards I would of got him. He crossed the goal line right as i got to him(coming from the opposite side of the field)

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Like my Grandpa always says, "Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand granades there son." :D

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 10:44 PM
We all need to let yall talk alone to yourselves...:D
(just don't talk about coordinating colors and stuff:p )

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:47 PM
We tried that, but he has yahoo and aim and I just have msn :D .

He was talking about coordinating colors, not me :D .

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:50 PM
lol...your brought it up, um...MSN takes a long time to d.l, but i may d.l it depends on how many people have it that i'm friends with...

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:52 PM
My computer would explode if I tried to put anymore stuff on it, that is why I am sticking to msn :D . And plus all of the cool kids have msn, not that crappy yahoo and aim :D . If all of the cool kids are doing it you should do it to.

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 10:53 PM
since i'm cool and all i'm gonna get me a MSN email address and download it then!!!!! :D

La Grange
06-09-2004, 10:55 PM
. On the e-mail application make sure you check the box that asks if you are a cool kid, because if you don't it will forward you to yahoo/aim messenger :D

Old Tiger
06-09-2004, 11:05 PM
alright, i did, it is d.l as we speek...

La Grange
06-09-2004, 11:07 PM
:D I win the messenger battle :D .

SintonFan
06-09-2004, 11:25 PM
My computer would explode if I tried to put anymore stuff on it, that is why I am sticking to msn :D . And plus all of the cool kids have msn, not that crappy yahoo and aim :D . If all of the cool kids are doing it you should do it to.
Actually all the cool online kids are nerds:p
And they have ICQ!:D

District303aPastPlayer
06-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Actually all the cool online kids are nerds:p
And they have ICQ!:D
how true that is.