PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Big Blue Def End

Cameronbystander
06-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Watch some of the background information on Ronald Reagan. He was a fairly liberal individual in his youth just like you. As is usually the case, he grew into the realization that the government is not the answer to all of the world's economic and social evils.
What a great story. He was truly a man that followed his beliefs and that led him to greatness unlike others (Bill Clinton) that craved greatness and would do or say whatever it took to achieve their personal goals.

Old Tiger
06-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I think Clinton was a great president who achieved a lot of things :D

Cameronbystander
06-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Name one MAJOR acomplishment of Clinton's. Something like Reagan: who won the cold war with the USSR or who had the Berlin Wall torn down.

Clinton served during a great economic period establised by Reaganomics and to his credit did not pull a Jimmy Carter. Clinton was and is a shrewd political individual. He is able to move about within issues and problems to be seen on the right side. He has no base to govern from except that he must always look good.

His one dream is for a one world government and it appears that it will be Hillary's job to try to pull of this with her presidency (which I hope never comes).

Smash
06-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
Watch some of the background information on Ronald Reagan. He was a fairly liberal individual in his youth just like you. As is usually the case, he grew into the realization that the government is not the answer to all of the world's economic and social evils. Well I thinks its hypocritical for one party to say government is not the answer to problems and that there should be smaller government but at the same time constantly say they want to enact more laws to restrict freedoms and choices for what ever reason they claim. They also think Big Military ( government ) is what we need. Ronald Regan served his country well. He diserves respect as a former president like ALL our former presidents do. we may disagree on policy but in the end when they are gone they diserve respect for serving the country.

Smash
06-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Name one MAJOR acomplishment of Clinton's. Something like Reagan: who won the cold war with the USSR or who had the Berlin Wall torn down.

Clinton served during a great economic period establised by Reaganomics and to his credit did not pull a Jimmy Carter. Clinton was and is a shrewd political individual. He is able to move about within issues and problems to be seen on the right side. He has no base to govern from except that he must always look good.

His one dream is for a one world government and it appears that it will be Hillary's job to try to pull of this with her presidency (which I hope never comes). Regan won the cold war? Regan had the wall tore down? wow thats news. I thought the cold war ended because of the economic colapse of the USSR and its failed communistic policies. The Germans tore down the wall. If the great wall of china falls apart in the next year is it because Bush made it happen? dont thinks so.

Clinton presided over the biggest economic growth in 50 years. the deficite was disapering. until the huge tax cut for the wealthy came along. I hope things get better. they dont look good now for the us at home or around the world.

Rabbit'93
06-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Didn't Reagan triple the national deficit to like 9 Trillion dollars due to the Cold War. You're right that is an accomplishment.:clap:

Smash
06-07-2004, 12:36 PM
No I dont think it was 9 Trillion. I believe the deficite was around $500 Billion when he( Regan ) took office and was alittle over $4 Trillion when George Bush Sr left office. SO, i guess thats like 10 times what it was but not just tripled. Trickle down economics or Voodoo economics as Bush Sr put it. either way we were left with a huge debt. And Now that we have this great economic program inplace we can drive the number to $8 Trillion.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Well, I would reply, but these guys just said exactly what I would have, so there is no reason for me to repeat it. I'm not going to follow in Reagan's footsteps, either. He was a horrible president from what I've heard. I'll never be a Republican. I don't agree with what they stand for.

JasperDog94
06-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
He was a horrible president from what I've heard. Are they no longer teaching history in public schools?

Old Tiger
06-07-2004, 02:33 PM

His one dream is for a one world government and it appears that it will be Hillary's job to try to pull of this with her presidency (which I hope never comes). his greatest accomplishment is cheating on his wife and her not divorcing him :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Are they no longer teaching history in public schools?
Yeah, they do. I'm taking AP American History next year. I'm sure I will hear about his "great" accomplishments, but I heard he wasnt' very good at president. Yes Casey, we all make mistakes, but he was a good president nonetheless.

Old Tiger
06-07-2004, 02:43 PM
that's no mistake, that's awesome! :D:p

JasperDog94
06-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Clinton - Let US through a great economic period. Debatable as to if it was his policies or predecessors tax cuts that led to economic boom. Some say it was Clinton. Other's say it was Trickle Down Economics that led companies to invest in new technologies that led to the economic boom. Could have been the internet. Who knows? Clinton also led us down the path of: "If you attack us, we'll say we're gonna attack you, but we really won't."

Reagan - Led US out of double digit inflation. Cut taxes on corporations that spurred new technology. Debatable as to whether it helped the economic boom of the 90s. Led country through Cold War. Spurred talks that led to the fall of the Berlin Wall. Moderate growth economically. Nothing to brag about, but not too shabby with the Cold War going on. Reagan wouldn't take crap from anybody and other countries knew it.

How can you say that Clinton was a great president and Reagan was terrible?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Like this: Clinton was a great president and Reagan was a horrible one. :D ;)

JasperDog94
06-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Like this: Clinton was a great president and Reagan was a horrible one. :D ;) ...and this ladies and gentlemen is why you can't have a discussion with a liberal. You present them with facts and they keep spouting off the same mantra...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SintonFan
06-07-2004, 03:25 PM
...and this ladies and gentlemen is why you can't have a discussion with a liberal. You present them with facts and they keep spouting off the same mantra...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Can you blame them? They are just doing the same things all they liberal talking heads do. You ask them a question and they have the same answer for all of them.
ie...
Question: "Insert any question????"
Answer: "The economy sucks, Bush lied about Iraq and what about those photos of those poor defense-less Iraqi POWs"
LOL
It the same answer no matter the question!:D :rolleyes: ;)

Ranger Mom
06-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Could have been the internet. Who knows?

Hey....didn't I hear somewhere that Al Gore invented the internet?:D :D

SintonFan
06-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey....didn't I hear somewhere that Al Gore invented the internet?:D :D
Actually he said that himself.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
06-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Actually he said that himself.:rolleyes:

I know, I know...I was just trying to be funny.

I guess I'll go back to laughing at my own jokes!!:( :(

SintonFan
06-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know, I know...I was just trying to be funny.

I guess I'll go back to laughing at my own jokes!!:( :(
LOL
:p :D

spiveyrat
06-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Smash
Regan won the cold war? Regan had the wall tore down? wow thats news. I thought the cold war ended because of the economic colapse of the USSR and its failed communistic policies. The Germans tore down the wall. If the great wall of china falls apart in the next year is it because Bush made it happen? dont thinks so.

Yes, you're right, economic collapse. And the collapse came about with the Russians trying to "keep up" with our military. They simply couldn't afford it. That was due to Reagan's investment into our military.

Pudlugger
06-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Yes, you're right, economic collapse. And the collapse came about with the Russians trying to "keep up" with our military. They simply couldn't afford it. That was due to Reagan's investment into our military.

Exactly right Spiverat. The SDI (Stategic Defense Initiative or as the critics called it Star Wars) scared the heck out of the Soviets who were going bankrupt trying to keep abreast of our military advances and technological inovations. While Reagan's tax cuts fueled an economic boom that continues to this day the Soviet Union went under. No doubt about it, it was Reagan's policies that pushed them over the edge. His steadfast belief in our great way of life and free market system were in large part what propelled him to greatness. May he rest in peace.

HighSchool Fan
06-07-2004, 07:09 PM
If Reagan was such a bad President, why did he win re-election in a landslide. He was the only president to ever carry 49 states. He had the highest favorable poll of any President when he left office. The real true difference in both party's is simple. Repbulican's look at what is best for the country and are God fearing, while democrat's look at what is best for themselves and belive in God, but do not fear him.

Pudlugger
06-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
If Reagan was such a bad President, why did he win re-election in a landslide. He was the only president to ever carry 49 states. He had the highest favorable poll of any President when he left office. The real true difference in both party's is simple. Repbulican's look at what is best for the country and are God fearing, while democrat's look at what is best for themselves and belive in God, but do not fear him.

It's not that simple. Republicans believe in individual responsibility, free market economic principles and private property rights. Democrats believe in big government, socialization of the economy, and entitlement programs. They distrust the wealthy and envy those who are successful, hence their mantra "tax the rich". Kennedy was the last Democratic president who understood economics and how wealth is created, rather than just taxed. He passed a very large tax cut that jump started an economic recovery that was squandered in the rice paddies of LBJ's Vietnam and Great Society. After Nixon, Watergate, Ford and the feckless Carter presidency, Ronald Reagan brought this country around to its core principles and we all owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-07-2004, 08:36 PM
What is this, gang up on BBDE day or what?

Old Tiger
06-07-2004, 08:41 PM
sure is, till you quit being a know it all!

Old Cardinal
06-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Very clear and concise Pudlugger....Your short but accurate accessment shows me there is still hope for this world....It hard to believe that those underachievers are so envious of those that work so hard and take all the risk and create all the jobs-- are to be scorned and not trusted. Their only response is to want to tax tax tax those that are actively building the economy for everyone to have a more abundant life, even those that choose not to better themselves. Thank the Lord there are still those that are builders of America and not just tax consumers.

To MOM: That little deal that you presented about how the Social Security was created and then corrupted by the Demos show how they mess things up and then convince the naive that its the Republicans that are trying to take social security away from them. It's so tragic that fear mongers scare some of the old people.

Sans Couth
06-07-2004, 08:56 PM
A few questions for BBDE

If you were in charge of the world.....

1. How would YOU divide the tax burden, and how would you spend it?

2. How would you fix the Social Security problem? (tell us the solution, don't tell us who is responsible for it being broken)

3. How would YOU handle the war on Terrorism?

4. What would you say to the American people if tomorrow all of the "Wealthy" decided to retire, and there were no corporations, auto makers, or computer companies to employee the masses?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-07-2004, 09:02 PM
You know, as much as I wish I could answer you, I cannot. I am only a kid, I don't know all of the answers. Maybe one day I will, but do you honestly know at your age what you would do? Did you even know anything about politics at my age, either?

Sans Couth
06-07-2004, 09:09 PM
You know, as much as I wish I could answer you, I cannot. I am only a kid, I don't know all of the answers. Maybe one day I will, but do you honestly know at your age what you would do? Did you even know anything about politics at my age, either?

I knew that it was something that I didn't have any business being so passionate about, until I educated myself more on the ways of the world.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
I knew that it was something that I didn't have any business being so passionate about, until I educated myself more on the ways of the world. Yeah, I really don't have much business getting in here and debating with those who have been around a time or two, but I do it anyways. I'll know more in the longrun this way, though.

Old Tiger
06-07-2004, 09:28 PM
"cough" over achiever "cough"

Ranger Mom
06-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Me and BBDE have just "agreed to disagree"!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Yeah, so what of it?

Old Tiger
06-07-2004, 09:33 PM
:confused: