PDA

View Full Version : State Baseball Tourney?

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 09:36 PM
If I see it right it is looking like this....

Semi Finals:

Perryton vs.
Forney

La Grange vs.
Llano

If my bracket is correct....

Finals:

Forney
La Grange

Winner:
La Grange(Homer Bailey)

jason
06-05-2004, 09:45 PM
homer will hopefully pitch the first game, and not be available for the second game...

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 09:47 PM
they could save him....

jason
06-05-2004, 09:54 PM
you cant...you have to pitch your ace to make sure you get to the next round...forney tried that one of the 4 times they've been...it dont work, you have to get to the finals and use any means necessary...he'll throw the first game...

espn1
06-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Where are you getting your info on the state matchups? The UIL board hasn't posted anything.

espn1
06-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Pairings Will Be Announced on The UIL Page at Approximately 11 am on Sunday.

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 10:11 PM
this is my moch tourney

jason
06-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
this is my moch tourney so are those the teams that even made it? or are they just guesses?

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 10:15 PM
they made it

aamove
06-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by jason
you cant...you have to pitch your ace to make sure you get to the next round...forney tried that one of the 4 times they've been...it dont work, you have to get to the finals and use any means necessary...he'll throw the first game...

I hope you're right. It would improve Forney's chances

j_dog
06-06-2004, 01:01 AM
homer will hopefully pitch the first game, and not be available for the second game...
LG proved to Jasper at least that they don't have to save him. LG has plenty depth for a second game. :(

kaorder1999
06-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
LG proved to Jasper at least that they don't have to save him. LG has plenty depth for a second game. :(

these games in austin arent series so any smart coach throws their ace in the first game to at least give them a chance to play for a title. you just dont run that risk.....

now if they have somebody they can pitch and the coach is confident enough that they will win then i guess they could do that.......... but that wouldnt be smart

vfunk
06-06-2004, 09:13 AM
please oh please dont make forney have to play LG

lepfan
06-06-2004, 09:33 AM

Homer is the ace, but he will also be the first to tell you just that.:)

sinton66
06-06-2004, 09:33 AM
LaGrange should be the #1 seed. Forney probably won't be #4. The way it works, #1 plays #4, and #2 plays #3 in the semi-final round. I'm guessing Forney will be the #2 seed.

jason
06-06-2004, 09:48 AM
thats true, they seed them by # of wins i believe...

espn1
06-06-2004, 12:09 PM
It's Official

First game will be Disch-Falk 5 pm
Forney (30-5)
Perryton (31-7)

2nd. will be Disch-Falk 8 pm
Llano (27-9)
La Grange (31-1)

Pudlugger
06-06-2004, 02:30 PM

My guess is Coach Ferguson will have Homer pitch game one. If they beat Llano and advance to the final they have an excellent pitcher in Colton Zoch. In 2001 that's sort of how he played it , bringing Homer in in the final inning to relieve Josh Sulik and close it out for the win. Homer could pitch one or two innings in the Final if needed. I expect Llano will be very tough, they are well coached and have been playing very good baseball lately.

VWG
06-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Everyone is expecting to see a Forney - LaGrange matchup.... but look out for Llano and Perryton. Both teams are playing great baseball right now. Llano went through Region IV, which has some good teams down there, and can pull off an upset.
Perryton is a hot hitting team, beating up Lubbock Cooper along their playoff run. Cooper, if y'all remember was a top 5 team in the state all year long. The Rangers killed Cooper in their playoff series.

La Grange
06-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Coach will NOT pitch Colter Zoch, I really do not think he is even looking at him as an option. It will probably be Jacob Kozelsky, and then Stetson Hrbacke, after that he would probably pitch Tyler Supak, and then maybe then he would think of pitching Colter Zoch.

But first they have to get by Llano before they are thinking about the final game.

PhiI C
06-06-2004, 05:31 PM
I agree with you VWG because anything can happen. I remember last year when all 3 state games in 3A were decided by one run and two of the games went into extra innings. The teams were all so even and any one of them could have won it all with one more break in each game. Llano will be tougher than most think because they have some players who can hit and they have several seniors playing so that is an advange. They remind me of Sinton's strong senior class last year. I still expect La Grange to win it all but it won't be easy. I don't know much about Perryton but they must be good. They may be the surprise team this year because any team that can beat the team that beat Canyon cannot be overlooked. In fact even though Sinton eliminated Canyon in Game 1 last year in the playoffs I thought Canyon was as good as Lorena even though Lorena beat Sinton. In fact had Canyon not faced Sinton in game one they might have been state champions in my opinion. So anything can happen so it might not be a La Grange vs Forney matchup. I expect it to be but the games will be tough. La Grange will probably beat Forney if they meet because I think Forney will have a little more trouble with Perryton than La Grange with Llano but you never know for sure. It should be a great state tournament with the winner having to work just as hard as Lorena last year.

Old Tiger
06-06-2004, 06:31 PM
looks like my bracket was right :D

3afan2K3
06-06-2004, 08:21 PM
I'm glad we got the 5:00 game, now we dont have to worry about the game going to extra innings and playing till midnight

3afan
06-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LaGrange should be the #1 seed. Forney probably won't be #4. The way it works, #1 plays #4, and #2 plays #3 in the semi-final round. I'm guessing Forney will be the #2 seed.

sorry but thats not how it works according to Vicki Bryant of the UIL .... the #1 and #2 seeds are selected by the top 2 winning percentages, then their respective opponents are selected at random ... its not 1 vs. 4 & 2 vs. 3.

3afan2K3
06-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
sorry but thats not how it works according to Vicki Bryant of the UIL .... the #1 and #2 seeds are selected by the top 2 winning percentages, then their respective opponents are selected at random ... its not 1 vs. 4 & 2 vs. 3.
:clap:

pakrat
06-06-2004, 11:51 PM
The Jasper game didn't prove much of anything except what Hudson already knew, that Jasper can't hit the breaking pitch.
According to the stats, Jasper must have made more errors in those 2 games than the rest of their games all put together. Jasper had good hitters and they got a few, maybe 5 hits off Bailey, even a homer. He can be beat by the right team. But it will take a better pitching performance than Jasper had. LaGrange has good hitters. I'm not trying to be critical of Jasper; they had a great season. Just calling it like I see it.

Old Tiger
06-06-2004, 11:54 PM
I think Jasper just got out played

pakrat
06-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I think Jasper just got out played
Could be, but I've seen the stats on a lot of jasper games and have been impressed with their abillity to play errorless ball. Take out the errors in game 2, and Jasper wins. You can't make errors against a good team and expect to win. Could be Jasper was tired or something. It is a long trip from Jaspesr to Brenham.
If they stayed in a motel after game 1, that's not the same as the other team getting to go home.

La Grange
06-07-2004, 01:02 AM
At one point in the game agianst Jasper LG had 3 errors to Jasper's 0, and we were still on top. I am not saying that LG is going to walk through this tournament, but they are good and Homer is as good as you think and possibly better.

sinton66
06-07-2004, 06:38 AM
I got a feeling this might be Forney's year. I know LaGrange is good, but so is Forney, obviously. Best of luck to all teams for a great tourney. It'll be hard to get any better than last year's. (All three games decided by one run, and two of them in extra innings.)

3afan
06-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Forney's 5 losses are to:
Stephenville 3-1
Denton Liberty Chr. 5-4 (JV pitcher threw for FHS)
Denton Ryan 3-2
Rockwall 6-0
Denton Ryan 7-1

Good wins came against:
Carrollton Turner
Abilene
The Colony
Carrollton Creekview
Mesquite
Duncanville
Palestine
Seagoville
Sherman
Ennis
then playoffs .....

Pudlugger
06-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by pakrat
The Jasper game didn't prove much of anything except what Hudson already knew, that Jasper can't hit the breaking pitch.
According to the stats, Jasper must have made more errors in those 2 games than the rest of their games all put together. Jasper had good hitters and they got a few, maybe 5 hits off Bailey, even a homer. He can be beat by the right team. But it will take a better pitching performance than Jasper had. LaGrange has good hitters. I'm not trying to be critical of Jasper; they had a great season. Just calling it like I see it.

Jasper got 3 hits against Bailey, one a home run. The scoreboard was incorrect as they listed one of Jasper's errors as a hit. Jasper 3 Hits 1 Run 4 errors in game one La Grange 7 hits 5 Runs 1 error

Old Tiger
06-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Tanner, Kyle, and Jason if forney and la grange make it to the state game will yall be attending?