PDA

View Full Version : La Grange-Llano?

Pudlugger
06-05-2004, 08:54 PM
La Grange will be first seed. I would anticipate Llano will be their opponent in the semi's. I want to say this about the Llano baseball team. Some folks on this board have posted negative commemts on the Llano fans. I have had only two contacts with Llano , one with fans and one with players. Both were very positive. LG played llano in the first round of the 2001 run to State. We prevailed by 7 tds. Llano was the home team at Lake Travis High School. The follks in the concession stand were very gracious, even when the Leps were winning by a wide margin. Coach V put in the third string early on, but they scored . It wasn't intentional, but the score was very lopsided. A Llano player was injured [I recall a broken arm or such] and all in all it was a very tough night for Llano, yet while walking out, their fans were polite and very pleasant.

A year ago I was in a Wendy's with my family in South Austin. There were a bunch of young men seated nearby eating dinner. They were the Llano baseball team. These young men appeared very polite and considerate with no loud talking, profanity or obnoxious behavior whatsoever. They all cleaned up after themselves and along with their coaches, left the restaurant in a very orderly and tidy manner. I remarked to my wife and son how well behaved and polite these young men were. I am not at all surprised to see them at the State Tournament this year as what I have seen tells me the Llano Yellowjackets are a very disciplined and well coached team, with many fine young athletes. I look forward to a great game if the Leps draw Llano in the first round.

SintonFan
06-05-2004, 11:54 PM
I have absolutely no complaint with what I saw today from Llano. Let's hope that whatever happened Thursday will be past all of us.:)