PDA

View Full Version : Llano iliminates Sinton 7 to5

olddawggreen
06-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Congratulations to both teams on an outstanding season.

Chris Hart
06-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Diddo!

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 09:48 PM
congrats llano and good job on your season Sinton!

SintonFan
06-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Congratulations Llano! Those young men played great! I haven't been to many high scruel baseball games, but almost three hours for a seven inning game?:eek:
Llano was the better team today hands down. They deserve the title. That side-armed pitcher just had the Sinton batters confused at the plate IMHO. He had a nice difference in speed with his pitches. I noticed Coach K studying him as he was warming up for the 6th. Man! I would have been doing the same. He didn't have the fastest fastball, but had probably three good different pitches. I'm not a baseball expert, but I started to really pay attention to what he was doing. He caught a couple of Pirates off-guard with what must be some kind of slider or riser or I don't know what it was but it was effective.
The umpire(I might catch heat for this:rolleyes: ) I thought was fair. He didn't call a strike unless it was perfect! I mean perfect! I wasn't over homeplate but had a good view on the upper level. I got to the game at the end of the first and Sinton was just fixin to get their third out. From what I saw he was consistent. Very consistent. If it wasn't knee high and in the middle of the plate, it was a ball.
The Llano infield played awesome! The had like at least three perfectly executed double plays?:eek: Anytime Sinton hit it close to third the baseman(who is a starting pitcher, I think) gunned it to first. The guy had a cannon. Dang, Sinton couldn't buy a fly ball for several innings from the second to fifth at least.
The Llano batters were very patient at bat. They waited and waited. They did exactly what they needed to do to get on base.
For Sinton...
what can I say? They came up short and made way too many errors to take it. Errors are part of baseball. I'm still proud of them. Looking at Daniel Ramirez this sophmore has a nice future for the Pirates. He has some zip to his ball. PJ Salone made hard contact with the ball. Demi Davila did the same. Sinton has a nice future and I'm excited about that!:cool: Can anyone tell me who was the catcher and what class is he in? He's looks like a little "Pudge Rodriquez" with that arm.
Pirates will be fine for some time...:clap: :clap: :clap:

aamove
06-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Congratulations to Llano on the win and to Sinton on a great season.