PDA

View Full Version : Near death experience!!!

lepfan
06-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Talk about seeing your life pass before you....I thought I was going to die in DUMAS, TEXAS!!!! We abandoned the UHAUL and another truck and trailer on the side of the road...no...it was the ditch, the wind blew the UHAUL off the road...THEN we ran like hell!!! We did all this as funnel clouds were swirling above our heads. I think if I had experienced this as we were traveling in Kansas I would have turned around and gone back to LG!!!

Now the fun part...unloading all that stuff...anyone want to come help?

kaorder1999
06-05-2004, 02:24 PM
glad u are okay....have fun unpacking

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
glad u are okay....have fun unpacking your too kind... glad you're ok.

District303aPastPlayer
06-05-2004, 04:47 PM
ummm... when i was 11 or so.. i was riding my bike, and a car hit me, and i flipped over the handle bars and landed square on the top center of my head.... i was perpindicular to the road, making 2 90 degree angles with the road and my body... the doctors were amazed that i was a) alive, and b) could walk... all that was wrong with me was a lil scrape on my arm.. yeah, scary stuff knowing that you shouldnt be alive or walking at this moment in time...

lepfan
06-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Unpacking will be a blast...NOT!!! We are moving from a 2400sq ft house to a 1700 sq ft house...I am not sure what we are going to do with all this stuff...We just unfinished unloading the truck...we put it all in the shop (which is larger than the house...my husband is a happy camper!) We will move it into the house a little at a time...I need to do some redecorating...I am so glad I have been watching HGTV for the past few years...

Amazing....it was 94 degrees today and I barely broke a sweat...in LG it was a different story...

If y'all want to come help let me know...;) I will wait on ya!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ummm... when i was 11 or so.. i was riding my bike, and a car hit me, and i flipped over the handle bars and landed square on the top center of my head.... i was perpindicular to the road, making 2 90 degree angles with the road and my body... the doctors were amazed that i was a) alive, and b) could walk... all that was wrong with me was a lil scrape on my arm.. yeah, scary stuff knowing that you shouldnt be alive or walking at this moment in time...

Really, are you sure that you didn't sustain any long term mental problems? :D

SintonFan
06-05-2004, 11:03 PM
lepfan, I'm glad you're still here with us. The unloading part is secondary. Good luck on the rest of your move.:)

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 11:27 PM
glad your ok

aamove
06-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Glad your OK Lepfan. Good luck with the rest of your move in and unpacking.