PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Jasper Game 2

Pudlugger
06-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Can anyone post updates to this game. I'm stuck in Dallas and missing the game. I have internet access fortunately so any Downlowers who have info can post here for updates. Thanks!:)

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Pudlugger..score is 4 - 3 .... bottom of the 3rd...Jasper still batting..

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 05:51 PM
That is Jasper 4, LaGrange 3

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 05:53 PM
LaGrange is changing pitchers..

LGHernandez#5
06-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Who's pitching for LG right now?

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:06 PM
I'll post the LaGrange pitcher shortly I've been on the phone......waiting on the announcer to announce his name.....

Jasper leads 5 - 3 in the top of the 4th..

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Score now is 5 -5..LaGrange scored 2 in bottom of the 3rd..
Jasper coming to bat..

LGHernandez#5
06-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Alright

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Herbochik (sp?) is pitching for LaGrange now.

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Jasper left a man on 2nd...didn't score...score still tied 5 - 5
LaGrange coming to bat

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Anderle (Enderle) hit a solo home run..La grange 6 - Jasper 5.
Jasper coming to bat..top of the 5th.

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Jasper didn't score..LaGrange coming to bat...still LaGrange 6, Jasper 5..
Bottom of the 5th.

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Jasper changing pitchers... Parker goes out (to shortstop)..Reagan coming in now to pitch...score still 6-5...LaGrange has a man on first...2 outs..

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:45 PM
LaGrange scores another run..now, LaGrange 7 - Jasper 5..
Jasper coming to bat ..top of the 6th

Bellville22
06-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Bailey will probably be in soon.

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 06:59 PM
I doubt Bailey will pitch..the pitcher for LaGrange seems to be doing ok..

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 07:02 PM
LaGrange scores another run..now its LaGrange 8, Jasper 5...
Jasper coming to bat...top of the 7th..last chance for Jasper

bearkatdad
06-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Final score LaGrange 8 - Jasper 6.
Good luck LaGrange...you have a great team
Good season Jasper..you did very well

Bellville22
06-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Congrats to LaGrange. And hats off to Jasper, they had a very impressive team, I knew this would be a great series.

I think they're doing the tourney by seeds this year, so LG should be the #1 with only 1 loss. Sunday morning UIL will post the matchups.

Good luck Leps.

LGHernandez#5
06-04-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't think there is a team left that will be able to be the Leps, but you never know.

Pudlugger
06-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Way to go La Grange!!! What an exciting game that must have been. Both teams did some hitting it appears. I figured Anderle would get a home run sooner or latter, he was overdue and hitting the ball well the past couple of games. Against Lorena he was denied a double by a spectacular diving catch at the left field fence and flied out deep in center field. Any word on Jacob Kozelsky? He hurt his knee in game 1. Good luck in State.

Leps All The Way!!!:D

Old Tiger
06-04-2004, 09:22 PM
congrats LG

fred grunden
06-04-2004, 09:33 PM
That's the end of Jasper's baseball season. You play the game to have a chance to be the best and play the best teams and we were in the game until the last out. Thanks Dogs for a great season! Good luck to all you seniors. You have given us a season to remember. Good luck to LaGrange in Austin.

j_dog
06-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Congrats LG. Good luck at state.

The Dogs fought to the very end. The game ended with Jasper at bat and the bases loaded. The LG RF made a great catch on a ball that perhaps could have dropped in and changed the complexion of the game. Jasper is graduating several seniors, but they still have a core of underclassmen coming back. Additionally, I hear that they had a good JV. So, Dogs, congratulations on a good year, and good luck in rebuilding next year. :)

Now for football !!! :D

Pudlugger
06-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Wow Anderle had a great game- a home run and a save with bases loaded to end the game. You may remember Anderle if you follow 3A football- All State (second team) his sophomore year at qb for the Leps and HM this past season. He is an all around natural athlete who has excelled in 4 sports. I have watched him grow up from an 8 year old on the soccer field, playing little dribbler BB and football since the 7th grade. He is a fine young man who is very modest and unassuming, yet totally poised and self assured. I guess you know that watching him play. He will be playing baseball for San Jack next year. Good luck to the Jasper program next season. I was struck by how great the Jasper fans (and loud!) were at Blinn. Yall are a class act and it was special to see these two teams play one another. I know that boy who hit the home run on Homer will treasure the moment for the rest of his life.

sinton66
06-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Congrats on a great season Jasper Bulldogs. Making the final eight is nothing to sneeze at!. Congrats to the Leps, too. Hope we get to see you in Austin.;)

aamove
06-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Congrats to LG :clap:

JasperDog94
06-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Congrats to LG. Represent Reg. 3 and bring the trophy back where it belongs.:D :D

Pudlugger
06-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks JasperDog94, the Jasper fans were terrific and that ball club was something to watch. What a crew of athletes. Jasper has every reason to be proud of those kids. Good luck next year.

j_dog
06-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I know that boy who hit the home run on Homer will treasure the moment for the rest of his life.
You are so right about that, as will the Jasper fans. Even though Jasper lost the game, and the series I will treasure the memories. I have a similar memory of when Jasper faced a tall skinny hard thowing kid some 41 years ago. Jasper was blessed with one of the best skill pitchers in high school baseball at that time, so holding a score low was no big deal for them. They would scratch out the one or two runs needed to win. Anyway, the kid Jasper was facing had Homer's speed, or greater. If my memory is correct, Jasper got only one hit that game. The Jasper short stop, barely over a 200 hitter, somehow got his bat in front of a fastball, and the story is that when the ball went over the centerfield fence at 400 feet the ball was still rising. Jasper won the game 1-0. The opposing pitcher's name: Nolan Ryan. He too probably remembers that pitch. I hope that Homer can have as good a career in baseball! :)

Yes, there were some great memories made in this series just as in that one. LG is one tough team. I wish you the best of luck at state. And, from a fan perspective, those two games with LG were the most rocking high school baseball games I have ever seen. :)

Pudlugger
06-06-2004, 07:40 PM
J-Dog what a great story. You ought to write it up and publish it. Isn't it amazing how high school sports stories reflect real life in such palpable events as this? I love this stuff!:D

j_dog
06-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
J-Dog what a great story. You ought to write it up and publish it. Isn't it amazing how high school sports stories reflect real life in such palpable events as this? I love this stuff!:D
To tell you the truth I was hoping to write a different ending, like great pitchers who lost to Jasper in the playoffs! :D Nolan Ryan was one, then in the 70's a guy named Calvin Schraldi or something like that for Austin Westlake. I think he went on to pitch for UT and then had a good pro baseball career. No offense, but I surely did want to add Homer's name to my "short list". :D

Pudlugger
06-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Hey that's okay just write it like it was --a great story.

spiveyrat
06-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Congrats to LaGrange. Beating Jasper 2 straight games, you showed you are the better team. Good luck in Austin.