PDA

View Full Version : Sinton/Llano -- Beyond The Field

District303aPastPlayer
06-04-2004, 01:29 PM
I was just informed that the Llano fans:
took the cheerleaders seats
threw things at them
shook noisemakers in their ears and faces
and were overall, rude to them for no appearant reason.

Phil C
06-04-2004, 02:41 PM
District is this legit?

3afan
06-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
threw things at them

If you didnt witness this yourself then you should not have posted it IMO ... :doh:

spirate_9
06-04-2004, 03:54 PM
I also heard that the Llano fans were being rude to the Sinton cheerleaders. They were mocking there cheers and when the cheerleadeers got up to cheer some Llano fans went and took there seats.

Chris Hart
06-04-2004, 04:27 PM
If you'll chack some of the threads from back in football season, you will see that Llano fans were accused of some of these things when Burnet visited Llano. I don't know if it's true or not, but isn't some of that stuff what makes it intense and fun. I mean if your not hurting anybody.....

VWG
06-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Baseball team with cheerleaders?
Now that's a new one on me....

spirate_9
06-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Sinton has had their cheerleaders cheering for them for several years now. They cheer at district home games as well as playoff games. At the state tournament last year there were several other teams with cheerleaders too.

olddawggreen
06-04-2004, 08:03 PM
threw things at them

Now why does that not surprise me:flamingma

District303aPastPlayer
06-04-2004, 11:05 PM
the only reason i posted this is because my sister is a cheerleader and it gets me heated... because you know what, these are adults, im guessing... and these adults who did this, my guess, have never played a day of sports in their life, but instead, the children have acquired talent and they take this as their chance to live their lives vicariously through the young children. If these people have nothing better to do than pick on someone, i hope someone passes this message on to them too... COME PICK ON ME! :foul: :flamingma

kaorder1999
06-04-2004, 11:24 PM
that really sucks....

SintonFan_inAustin
06-05-2004, 09:28 AM
i agree is part of the game to get rowdy and let the other team hear it, but to try and take someones seats is looking for trouble, it could have cause a fight to break out in the stands. People that havent played sports a single day in there life always get the blame for stuff like this:D :D :D :D But reality is amost everybody has played some kind of sport in there life but werent good enough like the rest of us 40 million plus.

PhiI C
06-05-2004, 09:46 AM
I wasn't there Thurday night but was their Friday night and won't be able to go for the third game today but last night the LLano fans were actually well behaved. About the only complaint was when that ten year old kid was running and waving the LLano flag and brushed it over the Sinton Pirate flag but even then I was not sure if it was out of disrespect or just clumsiness. Of course our cheerleaders were there ready with megaphones and they let them have it. Also the Llano flag bearer didn't have much opportunity to wave it after the third inning and the Llano side was fairly quiet also. lol

PhiI C
06-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Also there may have been more Sinton fans at the Friday night game and there will probably be more today. It looked like Sinton fans outnumbered the Llano fans. That may have also have had something to do with it. :)

3afan
06-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I wasn't there Thurday night but was their Friday night and won't be able to go for the third game today but last night the LLano fans were actually well behaved. About the only complaint was when that ten year old kid was running and waving the LLano flag and brushed it over the Sinton Pirate flag but even then I was not sure if it was out of disrespect or just clumsiness. Of course our cheerleaders were there ready with megaphones and they let them have it. Also the Llano flag bearer didn't have much opportunity to wave it after the third inning and the Llano side was fairly quiet also. lol

a 10 year old kid "brushing" a flag over the Sinton Pirate flag is being "disrespectful"? they're mascot flags at a baseball game! its probably a 10 year old kid just being a 10 year old kid. thats pretty weak ..... :D

Burnet Dawg06
06-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Now why does that not surprise me:flamingma
you took the words right out of my mouth

SintonFan
06-05-2004, 11:20 PM
In game three I can tell you what I saw.
Lots of heckling by Sinton fans. Lots of tap-tap tap, tap-tap tap, tap-tap tap by Llano. Sinton had a nice crowd there. Their(SAISD) baseball stadium was nice for a high school. It seated 2000. I figured it was about 1/3 full. The bottom section was full as far as I could tell. The top was 1/5 to 1/4 full. 5/6ths of the whole complex was from Sinton. I don't know, but it looked like there was probably 500-800 from Sinton. Hard to tell. I have some issues with a few Sinton hecklers. They had they greatest intentions but really put the pressure on our young men. I understand baseball pretty well. I think high school BB cheering(heckling and what not) is reversed compared to what I see in college and the pros. I guess I just don't know enough about this high school game to draw a clear conclusion. BTW, I couldn't hear anyone from Llano cuz the section I was sitting in was just loud LOUD LOUD. LOL I loved it!
:D
The Sinton Cheerleaders were great as always! I was sittin in an area where the folks were there own cheer section. That was fun. :cool:

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Baseball team with cheerleaders?
Now that's a new one on me.... you gotta make baseball a little entertaing and give you something to look at ;)

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 11:26 PM
the only reason i posted this is because my sister is a cheerleader and it gets me heated... because you know what, these are adults, im guessing... and these adults who did this, my guess, have never played a day of sports in their life, but instead, the children have acquired talent and they take this as their chance to live their lives vicariously through the young children. If these people have nothing better to do than pick on someone, i hope someone passes this message on to them too... COME PICK ON ME! :foul: :flamingma would you um...happen to have a pic? :D:p j/k man unless you really want to share it :D

SintonFan
06-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Sinton folks, don't take this wrong. My wife and I enjoyed lots of the heckling!:D
She's from Portland but hasn't seen this kind of spirit in a BB game.;)

SintonFan
06-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
would you um...happen to have a pic? :D:p j/k man unless you really want to share it :D
Umm... Old Tiger?
I'd avoid District303aPastPlayer when you meet him after that.:p

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 11:51 PM
i'm not going to the meet and greet:p lol

he probably(hopefully) knows i'm kidding?

District303aPastPlayer
06-06-2004, 02:26 AM

i will let that one slide... i tend to be the over protective big brother... so... ill ignore it for now...

SintonFan
06-06-2004, 02:40 AM

;)
We all kid just a little sometimes right?:cool:

Ranger Mom
06-06-2004, 08:43 AM

I've seen his pic....I wouldn't mess with him!!:eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
06-06-2004, 02:04 PM
yup, i know how it feels to have a little sister