PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange 5, Jasper 1

Bellville22
06-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Homer Bailey probably didn't have his best stuff tonight, but he was very very good, and did a tremendous job against a very potent Jasper lineup. Jasper threatened a couple of times, but were unable to cash in until the 5th or 6th, when a Jasper batter connected for a HR. By then, there wasn't much doubt that LG was going to take Game 1. Jasper's pitcher had control problems, and LG took advantage of it, pushing across 3 runs in the 4th. Bailey didn't have his great command, but did appear to be throwing pretty hard, and the curveball, when he controlled it, was nasty.

Should be very interesting tomorrow. I was very impressed with Jasper. I know they are capable of hitting the ball, and their defense is outstanding. If their pitching can contain a pretty good LG lineup, they can certainly win 2 tomorrow.

Game 2 starts at 5:00 back at Blinn (which was PACKED!!!). Get there early, should be exciting.

Pudlugger
06-03-2004, 11:54 PM
7 hits 5 runs 1 error for LG
3 Hits 1 Run 4 errors for Jasper

Homer was very poised despite seeming difficulty getting the curve ball in the zone (seemed the UMP was very stingy on the outside and high ball calls). His fastball was awesome- clocked by one of several scouts at 97 on one pitch. Must have been a dozen scouts - more radar guns then HWY 71 through Bastrop. Jasper made too many errors which put the game out of reach with Homer pitching. The home run was a great hit on the fastball sailing over 360 in Left Field. Koselsky hit the wall and injured his knee- getting MRI tonight I think. Zoch hopefully will close it out in the first game tomorrow. The LG defense looked especially tough and the bats were there. Go Leps!:)

j_dog
06-04-2004, 12:01 AM
Congratulations to La Grange! And go Dogs! Get back into the series tomorrow.

Of course, I was disappointed that Jasper did not win the game. I figured their only chance was to get a home run, and shut out LG. They got the HR, but not the pitching. Jasper will have their work cut out for them tomorrow. I hear the LG number two pitcher is also very good! :( And the way Homer was pitching at the end, he is probably still good for a couple more innings. :(

Old Tiger
06-04-2004, 12:59 AM
congrats LG and good luck tomorrow

Reveille
06-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Pud, is the Zoch kid related to Victor Zoch?

Pudlugger
06-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Reveille
Pud, is the Zoch kid related to Victor Zoch?

Sorry, I don't know. Could be, as lots of kin folks live in the area. We've got Zapalacs, Jandas, Supaks, Cernochs, Ulrichs, and a host of others I can't recalll out here. This is a Chech-German dominated community with old families going back to the 1800s.