PDA

View Full Version : State Softball Tournament Updates Here

Phil C
06-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Everyone that knows please post scores and update information here so we can all know what is going on. Good Luck to All the teams!

Phil C
06-03-2004, 01:48 PM
In class A this morning Windthorst beat McClead (spelling?) 6 to 2 this morning and play in the state championship game on Friday. They have been outstanding and won many state volleyball championships and one in football and now maybe one in softball. We will see.

VWG
06-03-2004, 04:56 PM
I will put Windthorst in Class A against any... and I mean any school in the state in Class A. Their athletics program is very successful on both boys and girls.
Track record of football, volleyball, and softball, baseball is outstanding. Don't know why they fall off in basketball.

Phil C
06-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Actually VWG they didnt' do that bad in basketball. The boys team was runnerup in their district last year and got beat in round 1 but the girls did very well winning their district and two playoff games before they lost to Holand (spelling) who narrowly lost the next week to Archer City. Ironically Archer City (yes that was the setting to The Last Picture Show movie) was runnerup to Windthorst in girls' basketball and yet Archer City went on and won the state championship. So Winthorst didn't do bad in basketball even thought they didn't compete in the state tournament. I wish we could get a poster from Winthorst on here to keep us up to date.

middleagecardinal
06-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Any word on the 4A game with PNG?

Ranger Mom
06-04-2004, 01:04 PM
The UIL website is showing PNG won 1-0!

chs_cheer06
06-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Caldwell lost last night 4-1 to Wharton... :(