PDA

View Full Version : For Region III(first game) Little Cypress-Mauriceville 5 Port Neches-Groves 3

Old Cardinal
06-02-2004, 10:51 PM
It was a great game tonight with LC-M coming out on top. These teams both were so dominate over any other 4As: that there was a charged atmosphere even before the game started. The Golden Triangle will be proud of the eventual winner of Region III. Next game of series will be played over at Barbers Hill tomorrow night(Thursday)....The crowd tonight was 3100 people at Lamar University stadium!

spiveyrat
06-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Wow! LCM, eh?

Will BH be able to accomodate that large a crowd?

RBARKER
06-03-2004, 07:36 AM
BH built a brand new complex. This year is its first year in opreation its a nice field but cannot hold 3000 :eek: people. Old Card did PNG beat LCM twice in district?

Old Cardinal
06-03-2004, 09:07 AM
Yes, PN-G beat LC-M twice but it was good games. That District had several other teams that were almost as strong and would have climbed up the brackets just as well..... I think it is ridiculous to play the game in Barbers Hill-gas to get there!, possible accidents with that many people on the road, too small a seating capacity, etc: They should have used one of the bigger 4A or 5A diamonds right here in the Golden Triangle. Some Coaches and School Administrators sometimes don't reason like normal people.

Cat22
06-03-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey OC I was one of those 3000 last night. It was a good game. Are you going today? I wish they were playing closer today, I'm not going to be able to make it to BH by 5:00. Guess I'll listen to it on the radio.

For those interested the game will be carried on the net at KOGT.com.

JasperDog94
06-03-2004, 09:22 AM
I will admit that I'm surprised that LCM won. I'll definitely be rooting for PNG to get the next two. I don't have anything against LCM, I just have a good fishing buddy that went to PNG.

Old Cardinal
06-03-2004, 08:23 PM
This series will be talked about for years!! PNG won the second game 6-0 and at present LC-M leads 2-1 in the bottom of the fourth......LC-M saw they were out-distanced in the second game and did not spend one of their ace pitchers trying to catch up...What you are seeing is the State Championship being slugged out at the Region III Championship level. These teams are very evenly matched....