PDA

View Full Version : Hey Old Tiger!!!

Ranger Mom
06-01-2004, 10:36 PM
You need to go get in bed so you can work out tomorrow morning....no way am I gonna take the blame for you missing again!!

Old Tiger
06-01-2004, 10:37 PM
i got company...i'll go around 1 and do my own work out

Sans Couth
06-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
i got company...i'll go around 1 and do my own work out

Slacker

Old Tiger
06-01-2004, 10:41 PM
nah...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Yes, you are a slacker. We have incoming freshman who are more dedicated that you, and you're a returning letterman. I hope you have fun watching everyone else play while you're on the sidelines, and maybe while you're over there, you can do your own workout, too....:mad:

JasperDog94
06-02-2004, 02:00 PM
BBDE, I'm sensing some anger management issues...:p ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, well, I don't want a bunch of people on my team who can talk a good game, I want some who can play one. It takes 11 people on each side of the ball who are physically and mentally prepared to play football and win, and we need everybody out there. We all want to achieve a common goal, and to do that, we have to be willing to sacrifice and work together to achieve it. I don't like people slacking off and missing workouts simply because they would rather stay on the internet all night and be asleep whenever his teammates are working. Call it anger management issues if you like.

JasperDog94
06-02-2004, 03:34 PM
BBDE,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you one of the guys that supports the democratic party and John Kerry?

Old Tiger
06-02-2004, 03:36 PM
hey don't worry about me I'm a playmaker baby, big things will happen this football season, trust me gary

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-02-2004, 08:25 PM
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-02-2004, 09:19 PM
man bbde, you should be a coach...but i like that you are getting in your teams face and getting them to try and come up to your level. i personally like to think of the gym as anger management...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-02-2004, 09:34 PM
I live in the weight room for the most part, and I go out and ride my bike a good 10 miles every day at 3:00. I like the pain...

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-02-2004, 09:38 PM
i agree, the weight room is my second home. and you should try running at about 6000 feet, it really helps w/ the breathing at a lower altitude. trust me.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, it's not exactly that elevated up here....do you have AIM?

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-02-2004, 10:38 PM
yea ill be signing on as hendog5023 in a few minutes. i know texas' average elevation is i think around 1200-1600? i maybe be wrong though.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-02-2004, 10:59 PM
hey man, im about to get off work, sorry i missed ya, ill be back tomorrow night to get more posts. take care, good luclk w/ the gym, and God bless.

JasperDog94
06-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
BBDE,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you one of the guys that supports the democratic party and John Kerry?
Well....

SintonFan
06-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Well....
He does, but please forgive him cuz he's young. He'll come around. ;) :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Yes, I support the Democratic party, and I have nothing that I need to come around to. I will always be a Democrat, and I'm not going to argue with you on the issues, because it's pointless. We all have our own opinions. I also don't like the fact that you are saying that I am too young and ignorant to know what I'm talking about SintonFan. Also, what does this have to do with football JasperDog?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the support bullfrog....Casey still didn't show up today and wouldn't answer his home phone or cell phone.

SintonFan
06-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Yes, I support the Democratic party, and I have nothing that I need to come around to. I will always be a Democrat, and I'm not going to argue with you on the issues, because it's pointless. We all have our own opinions. I also don't like the fact that you are saying that I am too young and ignorant to know what I'm talking about SintonFan. Also, what does this have to do with football JasperDog?
LOL
Would it have helped if had added a :D and j/k to my ;) ...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah, well after having quite a few people on here say stuff about me and my political views, you would think I would at least get a little bit agitated at what you said. Yes, it would have helped, but now I see that there was nothing meant by that, it's alright. Sorry for making a big deal about it, though.

SintonFan
06-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Don't worry about it. I just was concerned about my overuse of smilies...:D ;) :p :eek: :thinking:
You know, once you start using them you have a hard time not using them. Then you don't know if it becomes an abuse situation. I mean can you even recognize if you had a smilie addiction. I was trying to possibly head off a problem by cutting down on smilies.:( Now I see where that got me. Man, I'm confused...:confused:
j/k :D

marlin fan
06-03-2004, 02:24 PM
hehe sintonfan calm down!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
06-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
hehe sintonfan calm down!!!!!!!!
Dude! I am not using a smilie in this post but i'm starting to shake. I might have a 'problem' ... {eek}
LOL

JasperDog94
06-03-2004, 02:29 PM
My point is this:

The democrats support affirmative action. Affirmative action rewards somebody on the basis of their skin color, not on the basis of them being the best qualified to perform a given task. The democratic party also supports quotas, tolerance, acceptance of other views, diversity, etc.

If you truely support the ideals of the democratic party, then you should understand that some people don't want to come to practice. You shouldn't hold that against them. That's just the way they feel. They may have been tired. You need to be accepting and understanding that they may not feel like practicing. Practice tolerance of others feelings and give them their spot on the team since they may have earned it once in their lifetime. Being a forgiving person, surely you can understand that there are circumstances that prohibit people from making it to practice.

If you support the democratic party and their beliefs then you can't be mad about somebody not showing up to practice and still getting to play. It goes against everything that the democratic party stands for.

marlin fan
06-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Dude! I am not using a smilie in this post but i'm starting to shake. I might have a 'problem' ... {eek}
LOL
LMAO

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-03-2004, 02:54 PM
My point is this:

The democrats support affirmative action. Affirmative action rewards somebody on the basis of their skin color, not on the basis of them being the best qualified to perform a given task. The democratic party also supports quotas, tolerance, acceptance of other views, diversity, etc.

If you truely support the ideals of the democratic party, then you should understand that some people don't want to come to practice. You shouldn't hold that against them. That's just the way they feel. They may have been tired. You need to be accepting and understanding that they may not feel like practicing. Practice tolerance of others feelings and give them their spot on the team since they may have earned it once in their lifetime. Being a forgiving person, surely you can understand that there are circumstances that prohibit people from making it to practice.

If you support the democratic party and their beliefs then you can't be mad about somebody not showing up to practice and still getting to play. It goes against everything that the democratic party stands for.

How about you re-read what you have just written. Have you never played football in your life? Or any other sport for that matter? I want our team to be the best that we can possibly be, if that means saying something to him to get him to the weight room and do the workouts, then that's what I'm going to do. It's the principle of the matter that he wants to be a part of our program and do nothing about it. I don't want to have a bunch of people on our team who ride my sweat and the sweat of my teammates to get the success that we will achieve, I want them to earn it. Republicans have twisted around affirmative action, not the Democrats. It was set up to give people of different ethnicities an equal employment opportunity, in my opinion, the Republican politicians twisted the idea around to gain them more votes. There are no economical hardships on his family, and it's not the fact that he lives too far away, either. He lives maybe 300 yards from the weight room facilities. I live a good 15 miles, and am the first one there in the mornings for the workouts. I have missed only one morning workout throughout the whole school year due to the fact that I had car trouble. He made maybe 3 workouts throughout the year, and coming after school was out of the question, too. I used all of my tolerance I had for him when he didn't show up in the mornings or after school. For someone with his talent level, he should want a lot more. I know that I want a lot more for my teammates, because I'm not only working out for myself, I'm working out for them, too. I personally think you have no idea what you're talking about JDog.

SintonFan
06-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Neither one of you used a smilie!!!
:eek:
Whew! That felt better...

Old Tiger
06-03-2004, 03:19 PM
How about you re-read what you have just written. Have you never played football in your life? Or any other sport for that matter? I want our team to be the best that we can possibly be, if that means saying something to him to get him to the weight room and do the workouts, then that's what I'm going to do. It's the principle of the matter that he wants to be a part of our program and do nothing about it. I don't want to have a bunch of people on our team who ride my sweat and the sweat of my teammates to get the success that we will achieve, I want them to earn it. Republicans have twisted around affirmative action, not the Democrats. It was set up to give people of different ethnicities an equal employment opportunity, in my opinion, the Republican politicians twisted the idea around to gain them more votes. There are no economical hardships on his family, and it's not the fact that he lives too far away, either. He lives maybe 300 yards from the weight room facilities. I live a good 15 miles, and am the first one there in the mornings for the workouts. I have missed only one morning workout throughout the whole school year due to the fact that I had car trouble. He made maybe 3 workouts throughout the year, and coming after school was out of the question, too. I used all of my tolerance I had for him when he didn't show up in the mornings or after school. For someone with his talent level, he should want a lot more. I know that I want a lot more for my teammates, because I'm not only working out for myself, I'm working out for them, too. I personally think you have no idea what you're talking about JDog. well aren't we an over-achiever...i worked out during school and after during the school year...your a STUDENT-athlete i wasn't gonna wake up early and have to sleep through my first 2 classes just to be back to awake stage. But I work out everyday at 4:30

Old Tiger
06-03-2004, 03:21 PM
lol, sintonfan

JasperDog94
06-03-2004, 03:30 PM
How about you re-read what you have just written. Have you never played football in your life? Or any other sport for that matter? I want our team to be the best that we can possibly be, if that means saying something to him to get him to the weight room and do the workouts, then that's what I'm going to do. It's the principle of the matter that he wants to be a part of our program and do nothing about it. I don't want to have a bunch of people on our team who ride my sweat and the sweat of my teammates to get the success that we will achieve, I want them to earn it. Republicans have twisted around affirmative action, not the Democrats. It was set up to give people of different ethnicities an equal employment opportunity, in my opinion, the Republican politicians twisted the idea around to gain them more votes. There are no economical hardships on his family, and it's not the fact that he lives too far away, either. He lives maybe 300 yards from the weight room facilities. I live a good 15 miles, and am the first one there in the mornings for the workouts. I have missed only one morning workout throughout the whole school year due to the fact that I had car trouble. He made maybe 3 workouts throughout the year, and coming after school was out of the question, too. I used all of my tolerance I had for him when he didn't show up in the mornings or after school. For someone with his talent level, he should want a lot more. I know that I want a lot more for my teammates, because I'm not only working out for myself, I'm working out for them, too. I personally think you have no idea what you're talking about JDog.

You made my point for me. Long has affirmative action and the like put people in positions that they weren't qualified for. The republican party is the party that tells people, "If you work hard, you'll earn what you get." That's the exact philosophy that you employ when it comes to football. Why should football be any different than any other job in America? If you earn a spot, you get it. If you earn a job, you get it. If you make the grade, then you get into college, law school, med. school, etc...

I agree with you totally about working out and trying your best to be the best you can be. That's what the Republican party is all about. You get what you work for and not what somebody gives you.

Welcome to the philosophy of the republican party....:D :D :D :D :clap: :clap:

marlin fan
06-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Sintonfan ur a tight *****!!!:D :cool:

Old Tiger
06-03-2004, 03:42 PM
watch out jasperdog don't get "ROM'ed"

JasperDog94
06-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
watch out jasperdog don't get "ROM'ed" How exactly would that get me romed?

Ranger Mom
06-03-2004, 04:46 PM
How exactly would that get me romed?

That's kinda what I was wondering!!:thinking:

Old Tiger
06-03-2004, 05:26 PM
66 dont like political talk :p

SintonFan
06-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Sintonfan ur a tight *****!!!:D :cool:
:D :) ;) :p :eek: :clap: :thinking: :cool:

SintonFan
06-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:D :) ;) :p :eek: :clap: :thinking: :cool:
That felt so good ;)

mwynn05
06-03-2004, 07:17 PM
well if you happened to piss tony off with something you said you could easily be rommed for bringing a controversial issue into something that had nothing to do with politics

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-03-2004, 09:05 PM
You made my point for me. Long has affirmative action and the like put people in positions that they weren't qualified for. The republican party is the party that tells people, "If you work hard, you'll earn what you get." That's the exact philosophy that you employ when it comes to football. Why should football be any different than any other job in America? If you earn a spot, you get it. If you earn a job, you get it. If you make the grade, then you get into college, law school, med. school, etc...

I agree with you totally about working out and trying your best to be the best you can be. That's what the Republican party is all about. You get what you work for and not what somebody gives you.

Welcome to the philosophy of the republican party....:D :D :D :D :clap: :clap:

You know what my philosophy of the Republican party is....take the sweat of the hard working American and give it to the rich.....:D I disagree with you on this, but I'm just trying to get a little team unity and get everybody in the weight room, nothing political about that. ;)

Old Tiger
06-03-2004, 09:07 PM
well i've been in the wieght room as many times you have this summer so i guess were even.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah, but you aren't doing the same workouts, nor the same running workouts we're doing, either, so we aren't even. Also, your teammates are out there working together and meshing together, and you're not being a part of it.

Old Tiger
06-03-2004, 11:36 PM
just chill out dude I'll be in peak shape when 2adays come around, had TD or bleeker been there?

Chris Hart
06-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah, but you aren't doing the same workouts, nor the same running workouts we're doing, either, so we aren't even. Also, your teammates are out there working together and meshing together, and you're not being a part of it. If Coach Clark is anything like some established great coaches, those players that don't show up to 'voluntary' practice/workouts, they won't be getting much playing time in the fall. Old Tiger, it's not to late to get in there with the rest of the team and work together, afterall it is a team sport and I'm pulling for yall and Coach Clark to have great success. It's great that you've been working out by yourself, but teammates should train together and function as a unit. Coach Clark is trying to bring to Rockdale some of the success he's been a part of in Burnet, but the 'team' has to want to be the most prepared/conditioned/cohesive that they can be. It'll pay off in the long run. Good luck this fall Tigers!:)

JasperDog94
06-04-2004, 02:02 PM
You know what my philosophy of the Republican party is....take the sweat of the hard working American and give it to the rich.....:D I disagree with you on this, but I'm just trying to get a little team unity and get everybody in the weight room, nothing political about that. ;) It's kinda funny. When it comes to something that directly affects you, you have the same philosophy as the Republican party. When it doesn't affect you, you're a democrat.:confused: :confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Why don't you worry about you showing up first, then you can object to other people not showing up. JasperDog, I never support the Republican party in any aspect because they are all about themselves, all about the wealthy. They're not going to help me or my family out, they'd rather help themselves. Thats why. :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
If Coach Clark is anything like some established great coaches, those players that don't show up to 'voluntary' practice/workouts, they won't be getting much playing time in the fall. Old Tiger, it's not to late to get in there with the rest of the team and work together, afterall it is a team sport and I'm pulling for yall and Coach Clark to have great success. It's great that you've been working out by yourself, but teammates should train together and function as a unit. Coach Clark is trying to bring to Rockdale some of the success he's been a part of in Burnet, but the 'team' has to want to be the most prepared/conditioned/cohesive that they can be. It'll pay off in the long run. Good luck this fall Tigers!:)

My thoughts exactly. Thanks Chris, I hope that we can go far next year.

Old Tiger
06-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Why don't you worry about you showing up first, then you can object to other people not showing up. JasperDog, I never support the Republican party in any aspect because they are all about themselves, all about the wealthy. They're not going to help me or my family out, they'd rather help themselves. Thats why. :D lol...then don't worry about me showing up me and bleeker are working out together

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2004, 08:18 PM
If you don't want to work together with your teammates, then you can go ahead and stay at home when we're getting equipment and having 2-A-Days. You're too lazy to get up and do the workout that we're doing, and so are the other people who are missing. You talk about how you're a playmaker and not to worry, but I am. We're supposed to be a team, we're in this together. There are no individuals on a team, and you are exemplifying your attempt to be an individual. You have the attitude that you're the best, but you aren't. You are trying to separate yourself from the team by doing your own workouts. I know that you aren't getting out there and doing the exact same workouts that we're doing and working hard and getting closer to your teammates. The only reason that you go to the weight room is to say that you went, plain and simple. You want to win a State Title, but you don't have the tenacity to sacrifice for it. You're one of the guys who stands up and says I want it, but I don't want to do what it takes to get it; I want it handed to me. I'm tired of it Casey, you either show up and be a part of the team, or don't even go out for practice on August 2nd, because I'm not the only person who has noted your absence, your teammates have as well. Your teammates respect for you is dwindling down into nothing. You think that it's a joke that you aren't showing up to morning workouts, but it isn't. You're causing instability in the team, and if that is all you're going to do, then don't bother playing.

Old Tiger
06-04-2004, 09:12 PM
If you don't want to work together with your teammates, then you can go ahead and stay at home when we're getting equipment and having 2-A-Days. You're too lazy to get up and do the workout that we're doing, and so are the other people who are missing. You talk about how you're a playmaker and not to worry, but I am. We're supposed to be a team, we're in this together. There are no individuals on a team, and you are exemplifying your attempt to be an individual. You have the attitude that you're the best, but you aren't. You are trying to separate yourself from the team by doing your own workouts. I know that you aren't getting out there and doing the exact same workouts that we're doing and working hard and getting closer to your teammates. The only reason that you go to the weight room is to say that you went, plain and simple. You want to win a State Title, but you don't have the tenacity to sacrifice for it. You're one of the guys who stands up and says I want it, but I don't want to do what it takes to get it; I want it handed to me. I'm tired of it Casey, you either show up and be a part of the team, or don't even go out for practice on August 2nd, because I'm not the only person who has noted your absence, your teammates have as well. Your teammates respect for you is dwindling down into nothing. You think that it's a joke that you aren't showing up to morning workouts, but it isn't. You're causing instability in the team, and if that is all you're going to do, then don't bother playing. lol, you really don't want me to play? Well too bad I guess you'll just have to deal with it why don't you call TD and Bleeker and complain to them and get off my case.

Ranger Mom
06-05-2004, 08:49 AM
:eek: :eek: I started this post in all innocence....truly i did!!:eek: :eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-05-2004, 07:06 PM
They're miles ahead of you already as for as strength and speed are concerned. And yes, we are about to start calling everybody to come up. I won't get off of your case until you come, either, so get used to it.

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm as strong as TD

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Not as fast though....:D

Old Tiger
06-05-2004, 07:16 PM
i think i'll be there monday, but i'm not sure