PDA

View Full Version : Weather!!!

marlin fan
05-31-2004, 08:12 PM
WOW we have had so many tornado warnnings in this area !!!!

kaorder1999
05-31-2004, 08:50 PM
stay away from them....hehe

lepfan
06-01-2004, 12:46 AM
dig a hole!!!

And then come up to Kansas and dig a hole for me!

spiveyrat
06-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
dig a hole!!!

And then come up to Kansas and dig a hole for me!

You do have a house with a basement and/or storm shelter, right?

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-01-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
You do have a house with a basement and/or storm shelter, right? have you seen the episode of "King of the Hill" w/ the tornado, its a classic.

spiveyrat
06-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Nope, I don't watch it.

Storm shelters/basements are a MUST up here. Texas generally doesn't see the numbers of large tornadoes (F3-F5) that the plains states do. They REALLY stay on top of the weather here, though. The weathermen will sometimes stay on-air for hours if there is threatening weather. I invested in a weather radio when I moved up here, and every time there is a watch or warning issued in my area, I'm aware of it. It sucks when it goes off all night long. But, better safe than sorry.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-01-2004, 01:19 PM
i tried clicking my heals together and saying "there's no place like home, there's no place like home" for about 20 minutes today needless to it didnt work. and i didnt get to sleep, i just laid there in a state of wondering why i hadnt fallen asleep yet. it was rather annoying...

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-01-2004, 01:20 PM
im not saying that because your living in kansas at the moment, jsut because the movie had a tornado in it and it made me think of that...

spiveyrat
06-01-2004, 01:58 PM
:D

How are things going in Afganistan? Or, can you say much? We're pulling for you guys!

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-01-2004, 03:17 PM
they are ok, sometimes its hard to sleep (as i sorta mentioned above) and they are building new huts outside of mine so we wont have to sleep in half hut/half tent anymore, and it keeps me awake sometimes too. other than that its pretty good.

lepfan
06-02-2004, 12:08 AM
The house we are buying does not have a basement or a storm shelter...:( ...not real happy about that, guess I am gonna have to get to know the neighbors. The area I am moving to has not seen a tornado in many many years...I hope that continues. When I lived in OK I lived through my share of those things. I am actually going to be about 3 hours from Denver...(only 14 miles from the CO border)

You all welcome to come to my house and help me load the UHaul...

spiveyrat
06-02-2004, 06:28 AM
Sounds like with your past you are privy to these things, so I'll shutup. :D