PDA

View Full Version : Why this is a great weekend. Moments we take for granted...

SintonFan
05-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Remember those who have fallen in wars now and those wars before us. It's times like tonight(and other nights) that I realize just how great this nation is and the reasons for many generations to have sacrificed so much.
My son is very excited tonight because I'm teaching him how to BBQ. In this American right of passage he, in his mind, takes a closer step toward being a man. Eventially, he'll become his own provider. Great responsibilities will come and I'm raising him to embrace them. This might seem trivial to some but it's the small things we take for granted. I realize more and more just what freedom means. It means we can't take things for granted. We have to be viligant to those who have fallen before. When we stop doing that we will fall prey to those who mean us harm. Then the reasons for which they died won't mean anything anymore. I don't know about yall, but in this day and age I've become more active in politics. These are not the times to sit idle hoping someone else will do the right thing for us. Don't let those who have fallen fall in vain...
Thank you Papa! You fought in WWII and I just wish you could be here to see the wonderful memorial they devoted toward your war. I'm glad you were there to fight and defend this country. I'll make sure what you did is not forgotten because I'll always do my best to fight for what you fought for. Thank you Papa!:clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Remember those who have fallen in wars now and those wars before us. It's times like tonight(and other nights) that I realize just how great this nation is and the reasons for many generations to have sacrificed so much.
My son is very excited tonight because I'm teaching him how to BBQ. In this American right of passage he, in his mind, takes a closer step toward being a man. Eventially, he'll become his own provider. Great responsibilities will come and I'm raising him to embrace them. This might seem trivial to some but it's the small things we take for granted. I realize more and more just what freedom means. It means we can't take things for granted. We have to be viligant to those who have fallen before. When we stop doing that we will fall prey to those who mean us harm. Then the reasons for which they died won't mean anything anymore. I don't know about yall, but in this day and age I've become more active in politics. These are not the times to sit idle hoping someone else will do the right thing for us. Don't let those who have fallen fall in vain...
Thank you Papa! You fought in WWII and I just wish you could be here to see the wonderful memorial they devoted toward your war. I'm glad you were there to fight and defend this country. I'll make sure what you did is not forgotten because I'll always do my best to fight for what you fought for. Thank you Papa!:clap:

this is so true on so many levels

Ranger Mom
05-30-2004, 10:03 PM
That brought tears to my eyes.....very touching!!

Old Tiger
05-30-2004, 10:06 PM
now days people think it's just another day and another reason to get drunk

JasperDog94
05-30-2004, 11:10 PM
During church this morning, I mentioned to the congregation that I longed for a return to Christian principles for our country. When I look back at the history of our country, I doubt very seriously that our forefathers would have suffered and died for some of the things going on right now. Reguardless of political offiliation.

So on Memorial day, our Bible study class will have a fellowship and remember our great Christian leaders of the past and pray for our current leaders. (Hope I didn't sound too preachy.)

Old Tiger
05-30-2004, 11:25 PM
I feel like I'm involved over in Iraq. My teacher/friend that taught IPC to me when i was a freshmen was deployed to somewhere in Europe then to Iraq(I thinkg that's what was said). So this memorial day means a lot to me.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
During church this morning, I mentioned to the congregation that I longed for a return to Christian principles for our country. When I look back at the history of our country, I doubt very seriously that our forefathers would have suffered and died for some of the things going on right now. Reguardless of political offiliation.

So on Memorial day, our Bible study class will have a fellowship and remember our great Christian leaders of the past and pray for our current leaders. (Hope I didn't sound too preachy.) i think it sounded just fine.