PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville pop. over 15,000..Where are the Kids?

MASH4077
12-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Congratulations Leopards and good luck Saturday.
Went thru G'ville Saturday and noticed pop. sign said 15,000 and something and could'nt believe ya'll are still 3A. Decatur has 6,000 people and were close(850 students) to 4A. What gives?

olddawggreen
12-07-2003, 11:14 AM
You know, I went through Gainsville myself last month and I was wondering the same thing. Are there two high Schools in Gainsville?

PPHSfan
12-07-2003, 11:48 AM
NO, most of them just drop out in the eight grade. :D

turbostud
12-07-2003, 11:56 AM
:D

BigRedfan
12-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Or there are alot of parents that home school. eek! :p :rolleyes:

Keith7
12-07-2003, 01:34 PM
PPHSfan:
NO, most of them just drop out in the eight grade. :D No we arn't hicks like in Pilot Point...
and No we dont have 2 high schools
during the last cencus they figured that 65% of Gainesville is over the age of 50..
It sucks cuz we never get anything good built in Gainesville because of them, we get nursing homes instead of Movie Theatres

KTJ
12-07-2003, 02:04 PM
keith is right. gainesville's population is almost near 20,000, but most of the population is/are the baby boomers. with a population of almost 20,000, gainesville should kinda be a 5A school...but it's not. we were 4A several years ago and did pretty well while we were there. it's hard to believe that back in the 70's, when my parents went to gainesville, that their biggest rival, and most heated rivalry, was mckinney.

the pop. is growing, but not as fast as a frisco, or a denton, or an argyle...but it's getting there. there have been tons of new restaurants and businesses built since i graduated, and that was in 2000.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: KTJ ]</small>

Keith7
12-07-2003, 02:07 PM
KTJ:
keith is right. gainesville's population is almost near 20,000, but most of the population is/are the baby boomers. with a population of almost 20,000, gainesville should kinda be a 5A school...but it's not. we've were 4A several years ago and did pretty well while we were there. it's hard to believe that back in the 70's, when my parents went to gainesville, that their biggest rival, and most heated rivalry, was mckinney.

the pop. is growing, but not as fast as a frisco, or a denton, or an argyle...but it's getting there. there have been tons of new restaurants and businesses built since i graduated, and that was in 2000.you gotta love the new cici's

PPHSfan
12-07-2003, 02:27 PM
Somebody needs to tell us "Hicks" in Pilot Point to stop selling our land for thirtyfive thousand dollars an acre, and to stop driving $50,000 dollar Suburbans and Duallys around on our little blacktop roads. And most of all, us "Hicks" need to quit raising multi million dollar race horses. :D

turbostud
12-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Somebody needs to tell us "Hicks" in Pilot Point to stop selling our land for thirtyfive thousand dollars an acre, and to stop driving $50,000 dollar Suburbans and Duallys around on our little blacktop roads. And most of all, us "Hicks" need to quit raising multi million dollar race horses. Hey, Gainesville has a zoo. Or at least they used to when I was growing up.

Leopards,class of 75
12-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Gainesville pop. 15,540 I think the sign says. Keith is right, mainly older folks live here. We need more kids so we can go back to 4-a football. When I was in school, we played Sherman, Denison, Mc kinney, S.G.P.,Denton,etc. The stadium had a whole lot more fans in the stands, both home and visitors.(kind of like the Celina game was this year) If we would grow, just maybe we can get new schools and a new stadium too!!! This is going to be a great game, good luck to both teams.

Keith7
12-07-2003, 05:26 PM
PPHSfan:
Somebody needs to tell us "Hicks" in Pilot Point to stop selling our land for thirtyfive thousand dollars an acre, and to stop driving $50,000 dollar Suburbans and Duallys around on our little blacktop roads. And most of all, us "Hicks" need to quit raising multi million dollar race horses. :D oh so yall drop out of school to drive duallys??
I dont understand why you would want people to tell yall to stop making money

Keith7
12-07-2003, 05:27 PM
turbostud:

Somebody needs to tell us "Hicks" in Pilot Point to stop selling our land for thirtyfive thousand dollars an acre, and to stop driving $50,000 dollar Suburbans and Duallys around on our little blacktop roads. And most of all, us "Hicks" need to quit raising multi million dollar race horses. Hey, Gainesville has a zoo. Or at least they used to when I was growing up.We still have a zoo but its being redone

olddawggreen
12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys, thats good looking country you live in, a little too far north for me wink , but it looks like a nice place to live. I look forward to seeing our teams play next Saturday. It will be a great game. Be safe on the trip down.

KTJ
12-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Leopards,class of 75:
Gainesville pop. 15,540 I think the sign says. Keith is right, mainly older folks live here. We need more kids so we can go back to 4-a football. When I was in school, we played Sherman, Denison, Mc kinney, S.G.P.,Denton,etc. The stadium had a whole lot more fans in the stands, both home and visitors.(kind of like the Celina game was this year) If we would grow, just maybe we can get new schools and a new stadium too!!! This is going to be a great game, good luck to both teams.gainesville is bigger than what the signs say.

3afan2K3
12-07-2003, 06:03 PM
KTJ:

Leopards,class of 75:
Gainesville pop. 15,540 I think the sign says. Keith is right, mainly older folks live here. We need more kids so we can go back to 4-a football. When I was in school, we played Sherman, Denison, Mc kinney, S.G.P.,Denton,etc. The stadium had a whole lot more fans in the stands, both home and visitors.(kind of like the Celina game was this year) If we would grow, just maybe we can get new schools and a new stadium too!!! This is going to be a great game, good luck to both teams.gainesville is bigger than what the signs say.He's probably right. Most of those signs are old

crzyjournalist03
12-07-2003, 09:31 PM
turbostud:

Somebody needs to tell us "Hicks" in Pilot Point to stop selling our land for thirtyfive thousand dollars an acre, and to stop driving $50,000 dollar Suburbans and Duallys around on our little blacktop roads. And most of all, us "Hicks" need to quit raising multi million dollar race horses. Hey, Gainesville has a zoo. Or at least they used to when I was growing up.You shouldn't make fun of old-folks homes like that :D :D :D

Keith7
12-07-2003, 09:33 PM
crzyjournalist03:

turbostud:

Somebody needs to tell us "Hicks" in Pilot Point to stop selling our land for thirtyfive thousand dollars an acre, and to stop driving $50,000 dollar Suburbans and Duallys around on our little blacktop roads. And most of all, us "Hicks" need to quit raising multi million dollar race horses. Hey, Gainesville has a zoo. Or at least they used to when I was growing up.You shouldn't make fun of old-folks homes like that :D :D :D They both smell like crap

DarkWing
12-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Gainesville has a zoo. Or at least they used to when I was growing up.[/QB][/QUOTE]

They just put a fence around it and called it Leopard Field.

Just kidding! The players and fans were great hosts to my team. The drive and possitive character of this Gainsville team needs to be commended.

Quinlan ford fan
12-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Maybe they all got recruited to Pilot Point...I hear they got a pretty good scouting department...and the best judges money can buy!!

PPHSfan
12-08-2003, 02:30 PM
The 2000 Gainesville Census (http://gainesvilletx.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm)

Keith, your numbers don't add up.