PDA

View Full Version : Hempstead---New Coach?

Goldenstick
05-30-2004, 07:46 PM
I thought I saw where Hempstead was looking for a new head coach. Does anyone know if they found one?

Old Tiger
05-30-2004, 07:54 PM
I got this name from another site....Coach Dupree not sure about the spelling or his first name. Poor guy...walking into a blackhole

punt
05-31-2004, 03:48 PM
Old tiger, what do you mean by blackhole?

Old Tiger
05-31-2004, 03:49 PM
a place where there is nothing

Old Tiger
05-31-2004, 03:51 PM
and a place that commited to basketball and made the b-ball head coach ad instead of the head coach of the football team

La Grange
05-31-2004, 03:54 PM
REALLY??? :D

By blackhole I thought you were refering to something else :D , like being a football coach in Hempstead was a place to ruin or break a career.

Best of luck to Coach Dupree, hope he can turn a struggling program full of atheletes around.

Old Tiger
05-31-2004, 04:04 PM
It might as well ruin a career, I've heard that place is a dump.

punt
05-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Old tiger, apparently you do not know Coach Spain, he is also a fb coach, loves fb. He is the head bb coach but will work on improving all sports, even girls program, thats a lot for you to swallow isn't it? Coach Ron Dupree will be the head fb coach and hopefully get those fast kids stronger and improve the fb program. Tough job in probably the toughest district in the state. Stopped and visited with Bobby Spain last time I passed through Hempstead, class guy and doesn't badmouth anybody. Maybe you could take a lesson. They certainly have better facilities than most and I think they may have the right man for the kids this time. Good luck to you Bobcats. Work hard and maybe you will get a chance to beat Rockdale.

Old Tiger
05-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Don't jump on my case buddy, i'm just posting what i've read on another site and have heard about Hempstead so think twice before you reply like that to me.

marlin fan
05-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
REALLY??? :D

By blackhole I thought you were refering to something else :D , like being a football coach in Hempstead was a place to ruin or break a career.

Best of luck to Coach Dupree, hope he can turn a struggling program full of atheletes around.
Haha i thought the same thing!!!!!!

punt
05-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Maybe you should not post everything you read until you check it out. Sounds like you read TOC. Some of those guys love to bad mouth everybody and every school. Probably a bunch of jh and jv coaches that will never make it to the hc level because of their attitudes. I get tired of people bad mouthing kids. Have you ever seen Hempstead's facilities? Almost new stadium and track, moving into a new field house and gym this coming school year. Good baseball and softball fields. Thats why I jumped on you, you didn't know what you were talking about. Truce.

Old Tiger
05-31-2004, 04:37 PM
sure why not....

Chris Hart
05-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Ahh, football season, it's getting close.:D

Goldenstick
06-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Ron Dupree used to coach at LC-M here in Orange, Tx. He did a really good job while he was here. He beat WO-S for the first time and that's when WO-S was a 5A. I also think he was the offensive coordinator at Dallas Skyline a few years back. They could move the ball pretty good but I think they lost 1st round of the playoffs. Hempstead is in one tough district but it will be interesting to see if they can compete in the next couple of years.

punt
06-01-2004, 03:11 PM
If Coach Dupree can convince the kids to get to the weight room and get some strength to go with their speed they may be competitive in 2 years. I think he also coached some small college ball in the far west like Montana or Idaho.

Goldenstick
06-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah, you're right but I think it might have been Kansas Weslyn.
If Hempstead has some speed like you say then I think they can improve on last several years

La Grange
06-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Hempstead is really a sad story, because that town is filled to the brim with athletes but they have no one to motivate them and put a positive attitude in their lifes. Last year their qb was about 6' 2'' and could chunk the ball about 60 yards, but they ran a double gate agianst LG and I think he had like -5 rushing yards and 3 picks.

Hempstead the place where champions are born, but a place where champions are wasted.

Old Tiger
06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
we beat em in 7on7 last year 39-0, they have heart...

punt
06-01-2004, 09:44 PM
You have a good program in LG with a leader. Hempstead just has to find the right guy to get the program going. Hopefully with Coach Dupree's experience he can get something going. In such a tough district you have to realize you most likely won't be going to playoffs the first year. Winning a district game would be success at this point. When they lost Stafford and picked up Rice Con it just made the district even stronger. The bottom line is that the kids have get to work at getting stronger. Running and jumping are natural but getting strong takes lots of work. We will see if they are willing to give what it takes.