PDA

View Full Version : Matt

Old Tiger
05-30-2004, 07:39 PM
How do you think Rockdale will do next season w/ out the presence of Stryker Sulak at DE and Jamal Williams at RB?

Matthew328
05-31-2004, 09:13 AM
Rockdale is in a tough district....LaGrange and Manor are the 2 best teams in that district...IMO
After that it will be a dog fight with Rockdale, Giddings, Caldwell fighting it out...I expect Yoe to be better this year as well...Hutto is no pushover either

Chopblock
05-31-2004, 10:31 AM
I say Manor Giddings and La Grange, Giddings may have more talent the next 4 years than any team in the District.

For those of ya'll that have not seen the Swain kid from Manor play, he may be the best athlete in 3a next year

Old Tiger
05-31-2004, 10:44 AM
I heard that Dwayne Crawford got a WR scholarship to Baylor, does anyone know if this is true?

Sans Couth
05-31-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Chopblock
I say Manor Giddings and La Grange, Giddings may have more talent the next 4 years than any team in the District.

For those of ya'll that have not seen the Swain kid from Manor play, he may be the best athlete in 3a next year

I have heard that Swain in a good WR, but the best athlete in 3A may be a stretch. I don't think that anyone knows who gets that title right now. I guess he has as good a shot as anyone, but I think the next few months of training will have to be completed before we can even make a top ten list in that catagory.

Sans Couth
05-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I heard that Dwayne Crawford got a WR scholarship to Baylor, does anyone know if this is true?

It is true.

Dwain Crawford the RB and Safety from Giddings signed a LOI to Baylor this year. I believe they recruited him as a Saftey, or Wide Receiver though. I don't think he will be a RB.

La Grange
05-31-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't see Dwayne Crawford staying that lond at Baylor. If you have ever seen the kid play you would know what I am talking about. He is a great athelete and player don't get me wrong, but he is just....

Swain is also as good or better than what people have been hearing. Last year agianst the Leps he had Manor's only two touchdowns, but those were about his only catches. Swain isn't that fast, but he is a great route runner.

I think Rockdale is going to edge out Giddings for the 3rd playoff spot, and LG and Manor are going to battle it out for 1st and 2nd. I think the Leps are going to take the district 19 crown, but they are going to have to work hard to recieve it. Anderle, Gunn, Schram, Krause, and Stiffler were real key seniors last year, but LG has the talent to fill all of those spots and get the Leps another district crown.

Old Tiger
05-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Dwain's little brother/cousin not sure, Dominique that will be filling his spot this year is a soft runner, just don't let him break. He has Dwain's speed. If you hit him hard and early and don't let him get any yards he'll get down on himself and do really bad. We found that out 7th-9th grade.