PDA

View Full Version : Just a football note about the Gilmer Buckeyes

Buckeye80
05-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone so long, but I started a different job in February, and I just got off work.
Anyway, for anyone who cares, I think the Buckeyes are going to be okay next year even after losing 17 starters. I watched them at the 7-on-7 in Gilmer last week, which they won, and our talent positions have been filled well in my opinion. We have some very good young talent coming up from the younger grades, and we still will have some good senior leadership.
Long story short, don't be surprised if the Buckeyes jump up and surprise a few teams two or three rounds into the playoffs.

Side note: For anyone interested in the East Texas Kickoff Classic at Rose Stadium in Tyler Aug. 29-Aug. 31, the games are as follows:
Thursday Gilmer (3A) vs. Longview Pine Tree (4A)
Friday Wylie (4A) vs. Mira Mesa (CA)
Saturday Tyler John Tyler (5A) vs. Texas High (4A)
Saturday Tyler Robert E. Lee (5A) vs. Port Aurthur Memorial (5A)

Anyone want to know about the ticket situation? Let me know.

VWG
05-31-2004, 03:10 PM
What's the rest of their district look like?

Gilmer Buckeye
06-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Hey, Buckeye80, just wanted to correct your dates on the Kickoff Classic in Tyler. Gilmer plays Pine Tree on Thursday night, Aug. 26. The other games are on Aug. 27 and 28.

I hear Gilmer won the 7-on-7 in White Oak last weekend also. All we need now are some interior linemen. Replacing Fred, Drew, Jared and Brandon is going to be a tall order.

Who was playing QB for Gilmer last week?