PDA

View Full Version : ESPN = Franchione and A&M

Reveille
11-04-2002, 12:21 PM
There were rumors about JJ a couple of weeks ago. Get ready, the whistle is sounding and the flood gates are about to open.

http://espn.go.com/magazine/geno_index.html

horns04
11-04-2002, 01:47 PM
coach fran would be a great fit at A&M. I think the recruits already committed to A&M would still commit, and they might gain some very good recruits. coach fran is a great coach. RC is a good coach, but i think it is time for a change.

whtfbplaya
11-04-2002, 02:40 PM
RC's been good for a&m, but you can't loose 3 or 4 at home and think your gonna stay.

With that said there are not to many good replacement options.

GoStangs
11-05-2002, 10:45 AM
The predicament that A&M is in is that they are searching for a new Athletic Director. The old AD (Groff) will be done in January. That leaves very little time for the new AD to search for a new head coach, if something did happen to Slocum. In fact, that time frame would make it virtually impossible to fire RC and still find a good replacement. It's not completely impossible, but it would be a very difficult time period with recruiting in full swing along with spring training beginning soon thereafter.

hotstuff
11-05-2002, 11:00 AM
Then I guess A&M could be salivating over a 3-9 season next year. Hell, bring Switzer out of retirement.