PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to further enhance this BBS...

KTJ
05-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Is there any plans to have this 3A message board include all topics like the 4A and 5A websites/message boards? I know we all want to discuss everything 3A sports related among other things, so I see the need for the board to expand, should the possibility be there.

That way, we won't be discussing basketball, baseball, and track and whatnot on the football board.

kaorder1999
05-27-2004, 11:33 PM
i see your point but i really dont like the idea....i like everyting being in one board...now...I've thought about how this site might be a little better if it were a #A SPORTS website so people would be more welcome to post about other sports but I dont like the idea of having multiple forums....

sinton66
05-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Having multiple forums makes it harder on the moderators. I'm not against the idea, but if we did it, we would definitely have to get cooperation from everyone in reporting bad posts. We really need that because it's almost impossible to read every single post that's made. I think, however, if we did a poll, you'd see that the majority prefer it the way it is now. I could be wrong about that though. You could post a poll to see.

Ranger Mom
05-28-2004, 09:43 AM
I don't like it when it is split up!!

It takes away the family atmoshpere....if a poll is posted, I will vote NO to separate forums!http://kit.netpoets.net/ohbrother.gif

HornetMom
05-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Ditto, Ranger Mom!

KTJ
05-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Well the reason I made the idea is because the main forum is known as "3A Football" and there are people who get upset when, such as now, football isn't being discussed. Honestly, I don't mind the board as it is now. I think it's cool. But it was just a suggestion...

JasperDog94
05-28-2004, 02:22 PM
I like knowing that I can go to one area of the board and get all the info. The 4A board probably needs seperate forums since they should be tons bigger than 3A. But for now, I like it the way it is!:) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
05-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Well the reason I made the idea is because the main forum is known as "3A Football" and there are people who get upset when, such as now, football isn't being discussed.

WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!:crying: :weeping:

(That was NOT directed toward you KTJ!!)

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-28-2004, 06:01 PM
im saying, if people get upset when football isnt being discussed when its nto football season, maybe they should go to another forum that is...maybe that might help the ache in their bones or whatever.

slpybear the bullfan
05-28-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't think having one forum or two forums does anything to mess up the "character" of this BBS. I would vote for two forums.

sinton66
05-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Maybe during football season we should do a seperate forum for everything else as you suggested, Slpy. That just might work. We could do a "general topics" forum as well as a football forum. Two forums shouldn't be too hard for us to keep up with. I still think we need to get everyone on board with the "Report this post" link. If we can get everybody to use that to notify us of bad posts, we should be able to handle a seperate forum with little or no problem. In the off-season though, I really don't see any need for it.

Sans Couth
05-30-2004, 08:56 PM
My guess is that when football season starts the other posts will all but vanish.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Well the reason I made the idea is because the main forum is known as "3A Football" and there are people who get upset when, such as now, football isn't being discussed. Honestly, I don't mind the board as it is now. I think it's cool. But it was just a suggestion...

ok what about if the name of the forum were changed to something else, would that make it better, and not as "unruly" as it appearantly is by posting about other stuff besides football?

Old Tiger
05-30-2004, 10:29 PM
I think it would be cool to change the name of the forum to 3a Sporting Forum or something like that.

sahen
05-31-2004, 04:56 AM
i think as long as poeple put the subject of what they r talkin about in the subject line then it dont matter.....i mean the amount of people that complain about not talkin about 3afootball is very few, plus alotta times they r kidding when they complain i think...

sinton66
06-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I agree with sahen somewhat. We did that the last couple of years and it worked pretty good, but that was a lot less than 2k members. If we continue to grow at the rate of last year, we probably will have to do some things different.