PDA

View Full Version : If anybody is interested....

Ranger Mom
05-27-2004, 12:32 PM
I am writing my cousin's son (who is in Iraq)....he told his dad it is sad to see people getting alot of mail while some others never get any.

I am going to send a card to William and another general card for the entire platoon.

If you would like to say something, you can post it here and I will print it out, or you can send it to my work email.... KSimm@apex2000.net and I will get it there.

I thought it might be neat to send some well wishes from 3-A football fans.

P.S.....William is from Ennis!

Thanks!!

HighSchool Fan
05-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Tell William that I thank him for protecting my childrens future and that I will keep him in my prayers.

SintonFan
05-27-2004, 12:55 PM
William the job you and your friends are doing is temendously appreciated by me and my family. You guys are in our hearts and prayers. GO KICK SOME ASS FOR FREEDOM!!!:)

pirate4state
05-27-2004, 01:01 PM
William-

Thank you for fighting for our freedom! :clap: We appreciate everything you & the troops do, day in and day out. Y'all are in our prayers and may you return home to your family & friends soon! :)

WOSgrad
05-27-2004, 01:14 PM
William,

No set of words can really express the appreciation that we all here back in the States have for you, your platoon and all of the guys fighting over there.

I would like to keep in contact with you and your platoon as I consider you all good friends of mine even though we have never met. Quite simply, only friends would make the sacrifices that you guys are making for us.

Please know that you are in our prayers and that we are hopeful that you can make a speedy return to reep the benefits of the freedom that you have been fighting for.

And know one thing above all else, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU GUYS!!!!!

Stay well.

Old Cardinal
05-27-2004, 01:54 PM
William, I know the anguish that your parents feel for I had a son decorated four times in combat through the last 16 years:
the last being the Bronze Star on the initial thrust into Baghdad. We pray for you and your fellow "boots on the ground" friends. William, look around and see if you can find anyone who has never received a letter from home-send his or her address and I guarantee you, we will have some of us send an encouraging letter.... My son's last combat assignment was such that I could not communicate with him at the Iraqi front and I learned how hard it is to not be able to send or receive letters from those that you love. Our prayers and solid support are with you and your buddies......FOLKS- on this message board! I wonder if we can make cookies and pack them in popcorn and send them to Iraq to the troops? Would someone trace this out and give us an answer?

BIG19
05-27-2004, 02:41 PM
William,

You are all doing a great job and be assured that we are backing you. Keep your heads down, aim true, and shoot straight. Come home soon so we can all have a great reunion! God be with you and the others in your company.

BIG19
05-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
FOLKS- on this message board! I wonder if we can make cookies and pack them in popcorn and send them to Iraq to the troops? Would someone trace this out and give us an answer?

Old Card here is a program that the Army Air Force Exchange is running. It is open to everyone to use. Might be away for us to help out so our troops can stay in touch with their families.

Exchange Phone Cards for the troops (https://thor.aafes.com/scs/default.aspx)

JasperDog94
05-27-2004, 03:03 PM
William,

It's very difficult to imagine what you guys and gals are going through. As I type this message, I'm sitting in an air conditioned building, in the safety of our borders. Mere words cannot express the gratitude that I feel for what you folks do. I would, however like to let you know that even though the media doesn't want to show it, the majority of us back in the states appreciate and support what you do. Keep doing the great job that nobody else wants to do. You make us proud.

On a personal note, I will be playing my trumpet in church this Sunday (May 30) for memorial day. I'll be playing "God Bless the USA" and I'll be thanking God for each and every one of you. You make it possible for to worship God in a free society. Just think, you could be creating the same environment for others half way across the globe. May God continue to bless you and keep you safe from harm.

vfunk
05-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Let nothing hold you back...no one hold you down...and remember that we are holding your hand

sinton66
05-27-2004, 05:35 PM
"Out of the mouths of babes":
In Crafton, Pennsylvania a group of third graders wanted to write the troops in Iraq and express their appreciation for your efforts over there. I couldn't possibly say it any better.

Here's a sample of what some students are writing to the troops:

"I want to thank you for saving our lives. How is it going over in Iraq? Hope you come back soon."
-- Jennifer Bertocchi

"I was worried when the war started and I had nightmares about it. I'm not scared now because you are there for me."
-- Courtney Grondziowski

"You are a fighter for our nation. I thank you for whatever you're doing for our nation."
-- Olivia Barger

"Thanks for saving our country. I will pray to God that you will make it home safely."
-- Robert Yanke

"I appreciate all that you have done for us. I think it is nice that you are doing this for us."
-- Andrea Trombetta

All of us here at home owe all of you a debt so large, it can never be fully repaid. You are always in our thoughts and our prayers. Stay safe and come home to those you love and those who love you.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Thank you for protecting our country. You could be at home with your family and friends in the comfort of your own home, but instead, you are sacrificing for not only me, but your fellow countrymen. There are not many people who are willing to leave their ordinary lives to repay their country, and you are. We are indebted to you, because you are making the ultimate sacrifice for us. I wish you the best while you are in Iraq, and hope that you return unscaithed and healthy. Once again, thank you, and your bravery will not be forgotten.

aamove
05-28-2004, 05:45 AM
William,
Thank You for all that you are doing for our country and our families. As the father of a graduating young man I feel for your family and the concern they have, with you being in harms way in Iraq. And I am more than grateful to you and all of your comrades serving our great nation. You are....... what makes our nation great. The sacrifice that you are making is appreciated beyond what words can say. Our family constantly Thanks You and we will keep you in our prayers.

Old Dog
05-28-2004, 11:20 PM
My thanks comes only from me and my family, but it is without any reserve that I do so. You are quitely going about the task assigned to you and doing the best you can in a rotten situation. We most earnestly thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your willingness to go into harm's way in our stead. The media in this country is taking the low road in it's reports, but we know the truth because of your loved ones will for the truth to be heard. Keep you powder dry and you are always in our prayers!

BrahmaMom
05-29-2004, 10:07 AM
William: Please accept our sincere thanks and pass that appreciation on to everyone over there. Our family has someone over there, too, and our prayers for safety and well-being extend to each and every soldier fighting to protect our freedoms and give it to others. Yours is a selfless task, but Americans know and are grateful for your willingness to do what you are over there in Iraq. May God keep each of you in His loving care and God Bless America!