PDA

View Full Version : A few comments to JasperDog 94

Old Cardinal
05-27-2004, 12:01 PM
To JasperDog 94: Yes Jasper had a good 9th grade QB;however, the Dishon boy from Bridge City at QB ran all over Jasper, beating them very convincingly again this past season.....In the situation at BC, the 3 trained QBs returnees will not be back on the football field; therefore, this Sophomore will carry the load prematurely. I really hate to see a Sophomore with such potential pressed into full service without some time to adjust to the timing and rigors of HS level ball. I just hope he does not get hobbled before District play starts. With only around 10 Seniors there is a depth problem and many more promising youth will be pressed into service possibly before they are ready.....Someone commented the other day that between the very skilled BC boys playing football and the very skilled BC boys now walking the halls-- is the possible potential Division II State Championship team! I don't know if that is true, but I do know there are some fine athletes in this 3A town. WOS will come into the District with 32 viable Senior ball players; BC with 10. If you ratio 32:850=X:750, BC should have Twenty-eight Seniors instead of less than a dozen. I expect the Cardinals playing with heart will do well at the first of the season, but as folks get banged up they will not have the depth to replace the injured like WOS and some others will have at their disposal.

The folks from BC will support the youth, knowing that they will give their very best in this coming season.

JasperDog94
05-27-2004, 02:47 PM
I hate to hear that there's continuing problems with BC and their seniors. It sounds like you guys are on a downward trend, but have the potential to be really great. I certainly hope things get turned around.

As far as Jasper's QB Moye goes, I was very impressed with what I saw in the playoffs last year. I don't know anything about BC's QB situation. I was just impressed that a freshman could come into a situation in the playoffs for the first time, with new personnel and play as well as he did. He's got speed, but my hope is that he'll get some training on throwing the ball accurately. Jasper's always had a good running game. If we could couple that with a bonafide passing attack, we'd be pretty dog gone good. (no pun intended)

Old Tiger
05-27-2004, 02:52 PM
good points outs guys