PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Sinton Pirates

sinton66
11-28-2003, 08:52 PM
To our young men:

You young gentlemen have shown what it means to be a Sinton Pirate. You played a super game and never gave up. That's all any of your loyal fans could possibly ask of you. Thanks, guys for the great season. You played the entire season with class and dignity.

You have absolutely nothing to hang your heads about. You lost to the #1 team in the state, a team that the polls were saying would beat you by 40-49 points. The heart you young men showed tonight should be a source of pride and guidance for future generations of Pirates. This old pirate fan can only say thanks, job well done. wink

Buccaneer
11-28-2003, 08:56 PM
I can't wait till next year!

JasperDog94
11-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Congrats on a great season Sinton. You guys should be loaded for next year. Best of luck.

tap_tx_sinton
11-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Way to go Sinton Pirates on a great year. Look what you all did. You all did a number on Shipley tonight. See Ya Next Year...........

SintonFan
11-28-2003, 09:35 PM
You guys ROCK! You guys ROCK! You guys ROCK!
CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU DESERVE TO HEAR THE PRAISE YOU DESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

SintonFan
11-28-2003, 09:36 PM
A little overboard 66? wink
naw... they deserve it. :cool:

eye of the tiger
11-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Congrats Pirates on a great year. It has been a pleasure to follow the Pirates again this year. Lick your wounds a little, but indeed hold your heads high. You gave many folks lots of reasons to be proud of you, so be proud of yourselves.

Rabbit'93
11-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Congrats to the Pirates on a season that even though it didn't start well, it ended better than most expected. You guys have become a favorite in the hearts of many.

Vrabird
11-29-2003, 12:01 AM
Congrats to the Sinton Pirates on a great season and especially today against a strong Burnet team. You could of hung your heads and given up after the 1st half, but you showed Burnet what the Pirate pride and spirit are all about. The hitting and enthusiasm were extremely high in the 2nd half. The Burnet team definitely knew they were in a game. #8 did you get the number of the truck that nailed you on the punt return?? I think he turned loose of the ball before he was down,but thats the breaks. What was the deal with the Burnet band performance?? They were still crying about the long trip down to Corpus, and really made a point to rub it in the Sinton fans faces. What a classless act. Just accept it and let the boys play. Anyway, Sinton Pirates don't hang your heads, because you played a hell of a game. You made the town of Sinton proud. Remember the Burnet fans were predicting you shouldn't even be on the same field as Burnet. Great job!!!

SintonFan
11-29-2003, 01:36 AM
Vrabird
[QB]#8 did you get the number of the truck that nailed you on the punt return?? I think he turned loose of the ball before he was down,but thats the breaks.[QB]It happened right in front of my face. There was some hard hitting. LOL
Sinton has everything to keep their heads up about.
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/Fool/roga.gif
They sprouted some horns of their own.

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 01:44 AM
Congrats on a fine season Pirates, from a Burnet fan that knew better than to say yall didn't even deserve to be on the same field with us. I learned about yall last year, LOL. Good job guys! :)

BrahmaMom
11-29-2003, 02:52 AM
Congratulations on another great season, Pirates. You played out the Sinton tradition and that will remain within you always. You were part of a program that is respected throughout Texas, you all have a lot to be proud of. Rest up and get ready for next year!

pirate4state
11-29-2003, 11:26 AM
To the seniors: You played your hearts out yesterday & it showed!! Thank you for all your hard work & dedication!! Congrats on a great season & good luck with your future endeavors!

To the underclassman: How many days til the first day of football practice?? :D You guys had a great season and showed us fans that we all have something to look forward to next year!!

To the entire team: Hold your head up high & walk proud, you represented Sinton High School very well.

To the coaching staff: Thank you for the countless hours of preparation and your dedication to improving these young mens lives!!!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif Now, lets get ready for some BASEBALL & SOFTBALL.

wink Never cared for basketball, but good luck to the Pirates & Lady Pirates who play the sport!! :D

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

Youngs_lil_sis_55
11-29-2003, 12:49 PM
I have a ? sinton66 what is up wit you riches quote its a lil freaky if you ask me?!?!?!? :o

Youngs_lil_sis_55
11-29-2003, 12:52 PM
i have yet another ? how many of yall are actually players.?

pirate_playa_13
11-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Congrats, Sinton Pirates on another awesome season!! You guys played your butts off for four quarters...people said you couldn't hang with Burnet and you did just that...Congratulations to Burnet...you guys are awesome...you deserve to be where you guys are at right now...To the Sinton boys wish i could have been on the field with you guys, but you know my reasons why I wasn't on that field with ya'll...wish i could have been down there busting heads with ya'll...u played your hearts out...ever since we lost last year people talked about us not having a good team this year, but ya'll proved them wrong...I regret not staying with ya'll, but i didn't stay because some things were just more important to me...to all the seniors...Rudy Reyna, P.J. Salone, Cody Stewart, Clint Threadgill, Marshall Kastner, Ben Lamb, Andrew Villarreal, Danny Coy, Rudy Hernandez, Carlos Rogers, Ted Olivarez, Ben Johnson, Vicente Garcia, Cody Deases, Jimmy Moreno, Justin Buendia, J.J. Torres, William Emerson, Brant Nugent, Tomas Ortiz and B.J. Salone...you guys were awesome...we went into high school with a 6-11-1 record overall in junior high...and we turned everything around...nobody felt like we could keep a winning tradition going and ya'll proved them wrong...i'm gonna miss stepping on that football field with ya'll...because after this there is no more for football for some of us...watching all the emotion that you guys showed and all the emotion ya'll showed at the end made me feel the pain that ya'll felt...you guys played hard all the way to the end...to the Sinton Pirate coaching staff...ya'll did a tremendous job turning things around...starting off 1-4 was not Pirate football, but ya'll did what it took to make things happen...to the Sinton Pirate fans who supported us through the good times and the bad we love all of ya'll...Thanks for a great season guys...wish i could have been there with ya'll...Good luck to next years Sinton Pirate Football Team...ya'll have tremendous amounts of talent coming back next year so use it to your advantage and make a run for the state title next year...Good luck to Burnet on your journey to the coveted State Championship game...you guys are amazing...For me that was my last football game ever...even though I wish I had...I'm still proud to say that I'm a Sinton Pirate.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!!!

pirate_playa_13
11-29-2003, 04:47 PM
This year's Sinton team may have struggled at times in the earlier stages, but heart and strength pulled them together...They made themselves BELIEVE that they could make things happen and that is exactly what they did...BELIEVE AND YOU SHALL ACHIEVE GREATNESS!!! GREAT SEASON PIRATES AND GOOD LUCK TO BURNET NEXT WEEK!!!

pirate_playa_13
11-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Loads of talent return for the 2004 Sinton Pirate Football team as Travis Franco leads a rushing attack that will run all over district 30-3A...while James Villarreal leads a dominant defense next year in 30-3A...returning starters on offense are James Brown, William Schlinke, Brian Garcia, Jim Bob Cook, Fred Rodriguez, Travis Franco, Daniel Ramirez, Gabriel Gonzalez, Jordan Lamb and Matt Trujillo while the defense returns Matt Trujillo at safety, Andrew Schmidt at middle linebacker, and James Villarreal at defensive end, Ryan Ueckert saw some action at defensive tackle and Amdon Castillo played at outside linebacker...so talent, and speed will lead a Pirate football team to a return at the 2004 State Playoffs...good luck next year guys!!

trumandog
11-29-2003, 07:01 PM
SINTON YOU ALL PLAYED A GOOD GAME EVEN YOUR FANS CONGRADULATED YOU ALL ON YOUR HITTING ( AFTER THE WHISTLE WAS BLOWN HITTING THE BURNET PLAYERS IN THE BACK AND FACE MASKING ) IT STILL DIDN'T STOP US

weatherag07
11-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Congrats to y'all...good luck next year!

Phil C
11-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Everything that needs to be said has been said. Thank you Pirates for a great year. Only 4 teams got farther than you did in the playoffs. Not bad for a rebuilding year. Thank you seniors for a great year and career! For the rest let's do it again in 2004 and go farther! Let's still be playing in December next year.

JCMARAUDER
11-29-2003, 11:17 PM
sinton played their hearts out through the whole season and came out on top neven though they lost they still are the top dogs and kids will look up to this year's football team and what they had to bring to the 2003 football season.

JCMARAUDER
11-29-2003, 11:20 PM
sinton played their hearts out through the whole season and came out on top neven though they lost they still are the top dogs and kids will look up to this year's football team and what they had to bring to the 2003 football season.

sinton66
11-30-2003, 06:18 PM
I saw Marshall at church this morning and just had to shake his hand and say thanks for the great season. I hope all Sinton fans remember to thank these kids when you see them in person. They definitely deserve it. wink

sinton66
11-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Youngs_lil_sis_55:
I have a ? sinton66 what is up wit you riches quote its a lil freaky if you ask me?!?!?!? :o It's just a line in a song.

turbostud
11-30-2003, 08:23 PM
What song?

Old Dog
11-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Just nod of recognition from this old Burnet dog. The pirates never quit and Sinton is rightly proud of the this 2003 team. I see a very favorable future in Sinton's football world. Here's to ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
11-30-2003, 09:09 PM
turbostud:
What song?"Sinister Purpose" by Creedance Clearwater.

sinton66
11-30-2003, 09:13 PM
turbostud:
What song?This site is goofy tonight, this may be post #3, but the song is "Sinister Purpose" by Creedance Clearwater.

sinton66
11-30-2003, 09:15 PM
sinton66:

turbostud:
What song?This site is goofy tonight, this may be post #3, but the song is "Sinister Purpose" by Creedance Clearwater.And, THANKS Old Dog. We appreciate your kind words. wink

<small>[ November 30, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Sinton94
11-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Thanks Pirates for a great season and thanks to the coaching staff for their endless dedication. Also thanks to the area fans that showed up in our support. That was really nice to see. Good luck Calallen we're behind you!
THANKS AGAIN and I look forward to next year for some more PIRATE football!

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Sinton94 ]</small>

greendawgfan
11-30-2003, 10:40 PM
Vrabird:
Congrats to the Sinton Pirates on a great season and especially today against a strong Burnet team. You could of hung your heads and given up after the 1st half, but you showed Burnet what the Pirate pride and spirit are all about. The hitting and enthusiasm were extremely high in the 2nd half. The Burnet team definitely knew they were in a game. #8 did you get the number of the truck that nailed you on the punt return?? I think he turned loose of the ball before he was down,but thats the breaks. What was the deal with the Burnet band performance?? They were still crying about the long trip down to Corpus, and really made a point to rub it in the Sinton fans faces. What a classless act. Just accept it and let the boys play. Anyway, Sinton Pirates don't hang your heads, because you played a hell of a game. You made the town of Sinton proud. Remember the Burnet fans were predicting you shouldn't even be on the same field as Burnet. Great job!!!

SintonFan
11-30-2003, 10:44 PM
94, don't let a few bad apples spoil the lot. Please don't let it get to you. There are plenty of good posters from Burnet. Please edit that statement.

SintonFan
11-30-2003, 10:45 PM
94, don't let a few bad apples spoil the lot. Please don't let it get to you. There are plenty of good posters from Burnet. Please edit that statement.

greendawgfan
11-30-2003, 11:20 PM
In response to the Sinton fans that keep saying Burnet is classless, I must respond. Vrabird stated that the Burnet Band's performance was a "classless act". The way I see it, they were only poking fun at, and making the best of the first "classless act" by Sinton, which was having the game 4 hours from Burnet and only 30 minutes from Sinton. The second "classless act" was the Sinton student representative who mispronounced Burnet in her statements before the game. And the third and most flagrant "classless act" by Sinton was the droves of supposed Sinton fans who left the field well before the game was over. You guys only had about 1/2 of your fans left by the end of the game. What kind of support does that show for your team?

greendawgfan
11-30-2003, 11:27 PM
In response to the Sinton fans that keep saying Burnet is classless, I must respond. Vrabird stated that the Burnet Band's performance was a "classless act". The way I see it, they were only poking fun at, and making the best of the first "classless act" by Sinton, which was having the game 4 hours from Burnet and only 30 minutes from Sinton. The second "classless act" was the Sinton student representative who mispronounced Burnet in her statements before the game. And the third and most flagrant "classless act" by Sinton was the droves of supposed Sinton fans who left the field well before the game was over. You guys only had about 1/2 of your fans left by the end of the game. What kind of support does that show for your team?

footballgal
11-30-2003, 11:42 PM
greendawgfan:
....having the game 4 hours from Burnet and only 30 minutes from Sinton....Try driving 6 hours! wink Wish we could have to travel only 4 hours this week, and next week.

sinton66
12-01-2003, 03:20 AM
Greendawgfan, The droves of supposed fans may not have been from Sinton at all, but from Taft, Odem, West Oso, Aransas Pass, Mathis, Orange Grove, and Bishop. I saw people from all of those towns sitting on our side. But, believe what you want, after all, you folks from Burnet seem to have all the answers.

olddog73
12-01-2003, 06:23 AM
Old Dog:
Just nod of recognition from this old Burnet dog. The pirates never quit and Sinton is rightly proud of the this 2003 team. I see a very favorable future in Sinton's football world. Here's to ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!ditto!!!!

BIG19
12-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Pirates, after a shaky start of the season, you sure did make turn some people's heads! I for one would like to thank you for the great game Friday. You showed a whole bunch of people that you did deserve to be there and you also made many very proud. I will be looing for you all to be in the same position next year. Best of luck to you as you make it through the rest of the year. Keep your heads up and come back even stronger next year.

SINTON81
12-01-2003, 09:02 AM
greendawgfan:
In response to the Sinton fans that keep saying Burnet is classless, I must respond. Vrabird stated that the Burnet Band's performance was a "classless act". The way I see it, they were only poking fun at, and making the best of the first "classless act" by Sinton, which was having the game 4 hours from Burnet and only 30 minutes from Sinton. The second "classless act" was the Sinton student representative who mispronounced Burnet in her statements before the game. And the third and most flagrant "classless act" by Sinton was the droves of supposed Sinton fans who left the field well before the game was over. You guys only had about 1/2 of your fans left by the end of the game. What kind of support does that show for your team?I seem to remember the radio announcers commenting about all the Burnet fans that were leaving early last year against Everman, after Everman started to put the game away. You have those kinds of fans in every town, even in the great Burnet. SINTON WON THE FLIP, THOSE ARE THE RULES, GET OVER IT. If you want to know what kind of support leaving early shows to a team, ask the Burnet players that played last year against Everman. And you are also going to get on a high school kid fo mispronouncing the name Burnet, come on, its just a high school kid who's probably nervous as heck about talking over the loud speaker. IT'S JUST A HIGH SCHOOL KID! I agree with Vrabird!!!

dawg03
12-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Congrats Sinton on a great season, yall played a gr8 game saturday! You gave Burnet a good game

zippy
12-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Well this is my first chance to post since the game Friday, and I want to congratulate the Sinton Pirates on a fine game. Ya'll will be dangerous next year. Three things I want point out (by my observation), (1) the Sinton boys never gave up and fought to the last whistle, (2) I was surprised by the team speed of Sinton, (3) your coach's are good, the defensive scheme was impressive.

Again congratulations on a fine year and look forward to next year.

Sinton94
12-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the kind words Dawg03 and Zippy and good luck to ya'll next week.

sinton 1316
12-01-2003, 01:07 PM
what did the burnet band do to "rub it in"?
i was in the lockerroom
thanks for all the good words
im glad you liked our defensive plan, it worked well the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarter, the 2nd quarter killed us
and Jordan Shipley DID fumble the ball on the punt return, I was 3 ft away from it and recovered the ball
great game Burnet, good luck on your trip to state

owl#782004
12-01-2003, 02:34 PM
SINTON HAS A STRONG FOOTBALL PROGRAM. I THINK THEY WILL BE GOOD NEXT YEAR. I HAD A CHANCE TO PLAY AGAINST THEM LAST YEAR IN CORPUS AND THEY WERE AWESOME!!

pirate4state
12-01-2003, 05:09 PM
sinton 1316:
what did the burnet band do to "rub it in"?
i was in the lockerroom
thanks for all the good words
im glad you liked our defensive plan, it worked well the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarter, the 2nd quarter killed us
and Jordan Shipley DID fumble the ball on the punt return, I was 3 ft away from it and recovered the ball
great game Burnet, good luck on your trip to stateSinton 1316 - you guys had a great year!! Congrats again & if you're a senior good luck with your future, if you're returning, we can't WAIT!!! :D :D

sinton66
12-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately for us, sinton 1316 is indeed a senior. We will miss him and the other seniors. Congrats on a great year 1316, any plans for college yet?