PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Sinton Schedule (With home/away designations)

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Date/Team/Site

Aug 27 Taft Home
Sep 03 Gregory Portland GP
Sep 10 West Oso Home
Sep 17 Beeville Home
Sep 24 Cuero Cuero
Oct 01 Orange Grove Orange Grove
Oct 08 Goliad** Home
Oct 15 Aransas Pass** Aransas Pass
Oct 22 Mathis** Home
Oct 29 Ingleside** Ingleside
Nov 05 Open Scouting Week

All games start at 7:30.. home games played at Pirate Stadium.
** Denotes District Game

Bi-District Nov 11-13
Area Nov 18-20
Reg Finals Nov 25-27
Semi's Dec 2-4
State Championship Weekend: December 9-11

rgn4fb
05-25-2004, 10:55 AM
The last game is Ingleside? hum. How are they going to be with their new coach and system?

Phil C
05-25-2004, 01:39 PM
rgh they are going to be very tough! Ingleside probably after this year's graduation will actually have more students than Sinton.

PhiI C
05-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Man this schedule scares me! It must be the toughest in the state! Look at it! First Taft who has a dymamic coach who has turned that school around and they narrowly missed the playoffs last year and they are always extra tough for Sinton. Then Gregory - Portland who has had great success in 4A and we have had serious injuries in that game the past two years and it is now in G-P! Then West Oso a great team that is consistently in the playoffs and is always tough. Then Beeville who now has Coach Sosa from Mathis and now he has 4A material. Plus Beeville is a good playoff 4A team. Then Cuero who beat us bad last year and this year we have to go to Cuero. Then we play Orange Grove who also has had playoff teams the past several years. Then we start district with a new team Goliad who has been in our district in the past and has had success and will be tough! Thanks for nothing UIL. Then we play Aransas Pass who has been tough in the past. We play Mathis next another playoff team from last year that is always tough. Then we play Ingleside who has a new dynamic coach that will turn this team into an even more dangerous opponent. Then we get into the playoffs which is toucher for Sinton than anyone - remember Sinton (if we get to the playoffs) will be in Division 1 and will be probably the smallest Division 1 team in the playoffs! That increases the risk.

SintonFan
05-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Man this schedule scares me! It must be the toughest in the state! Look at it! First Taft who has a dymamic coach who has turned that school around and they narrowly missed the playoffs last year and they are always extra tough for Sinton. Then Gregory - Portland who has had great success in 4A and we have had serious injuries in that game the past two years and it is now in G-P! Then West Oso a great team that is consistently in the playoffs and is always tough. Then Beeville who now has Coach Sosa from Mathis and now he has 4A material. Plus Beeville is a good playoff 4A team. Then Cuero who beat us bad last year and this year we have to go to Cuero. Then we play Orange Grove who also has had playoff teams the past several years. Then we start district with a new team Goliad who has been in our district in the past and has had success and will be tough! Thanks for nothing UIL. Then we play Aransas Pass who has been tough in the past. We play Mathis next another playoff team from last year that is always tough. Then we play Ingleside who has a new dynamic coach that will turn this team into an even more dangerous opponent. Then we get into the playoffs which is toucher for Sinton than anyone - remember Sinton (if we get to the playoffs) will be in Division 1 and will be probably the smallest Division 1 team in the playoffs! That increases the risk.
GP and Cuero scare me most in pre-season. GP for the obvious. Cuero actually returns more of that real nice team vs. Sinton does. They have real good size with really good speed coming back. I actually have the program from last year's game and they were laden with quality underclassmen. Sinton has much to replace and I have met a couple of talented young men from Sinton who don't play football anymore. It's a reality, but Sinton(like most other small schools) doesn't always play the best athletes they have in school. Sinton will be fine but there lots of other teams in this region who will compete come playoffs. Region four will be a dog fight as usual. :cool:

GOFOR2
05-27-2004, 08:58 AM

Whatever, dude!

rgn4fb
05-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Then we get into the playoffs which is toucher for Sinton than anyone - remember Sinton (if we get to the playoffs) will be in Division 1 and will be probably the smallest Division 1 team in the playoffs! That increases the risk.

Will Sinton be Division I. Do you know the numbers that were turned into the UIL. I cannot find that information on the UIL website. According to the ESC 2 website on district information, Ingleside has a larger enrollment than Sinton. That should put the Pirates in Division 2 for the 1st time ever if Ingleside can some how sneak into the playoffs. That is if the education service center is correct. Could make for some interesting postseason football in D2.

Phil C
05-27-2004, 10:48 AM
No Sinton had the top enrollment. Ingleside was about 8 students behind so Sinton will be Division 1 regardless. When they make the count in 2005 Ingleside may pass Sinton since it is growing plus this year's Sinton graduating class was an exceptionally larger class than usual for Sinton and they won't be in the count next time. If Ingleside keeps growing like they are growing they may someday be in 4A.

rgn4fb
05-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks Phil. Do you know where I can get a list of all the enrollment numbers. Just curious who all is going to be in Div I

Sintonfbplayer04
05-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Sinton shouldn't have nothing to worry about. They have the whole O-Line and back field coming back. On the defensive side of the ball it will be a little rough. Sinton has district 30-3A in the bag. Sinton has a heck of a chance making it to the State game. Travis Franco #21 is going to be unstoppable in the back field.

sinfan75
05-27-2004, 05:35 PM
I agree,other than G-P and Cuero, this schedule is really soft. If Beeville has a Senior laden team coach Sosa could have a pretty good team. Taft will be down as well as Mathis (who's they're new coach?) and Orange Grove. And the injuries Sinton had last year wasn't because G-P was a BIG BAD 4A team. It was just matter of plain bad luck.

PhiI C
05-27-2004, 05:40 PM
But sintonfan two years in a row!

Ray_BearKat
05-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Region 4

DIST 25-3A
PALACIOS 476.5
SWEENY 636
WHARTON 688
NEEDVILLE 729
WEST COLUMBIA 844
STAFFORD 759

DIST 26-3A
CUERO 698
GONZALES 779
EDNA 470
HALLETSVILLE 390
LULING 446.5
YOAKUM 499

DIST 27-3A
BRADY 409
BANDERA 877
INGRAM MOORE 522
LIBERTY HILL 535.5
LLANO 507
WIMBERLEY 632

DIST 28-3A
LA VERNIA 736
SOMERSET 856
LYTLE 410
MARION 447
POTEET 499
SOUTH SA WEST 643

DIST 29-3A
CARRIZO SPRINGS 695
COTULLA 395
CRYSTAL CITY 580
DEVINE 564
HONDO 634
PEARSALL 613

DIST 30-3A
ARANSAS PASS 536
GOLIAD 443
INGLESIDE 609
MATHIS 569
SINTON 617

DIST 31-3A
CC WEST OSO 463
ORANGE GROVE 471
SAN DIEGO 480
FALFURRIAS 476.5
ZAPATA 801.5

DIST 32-3A
LYFORD 442
PORT ISABEL 646
PROGRESSO 538
RAYMONDVILLE 637
RIO HONDO 600
LA FERIA 763
HIDALGO 836.5

SintonFan
05-28-2004, 02:13 AM
But sintonfan two years in a row!
Phil... me or 75?
I understand the risk Sinton has in playing GP. Those guys are rough. They can play really dirty. I have covered 30 miles around Sinton(since '91 on the job) and have talked to most who will discuss football in that span. Portland just doesn't like Sinton. We like them just as less. Not much love between two high school sports towns...:confused:

sinfan75
05-28-2004, 04:49 AM
Francos twisted ankle and Ruiz's footinjury two years ago was not a result of physical play.

Phil C
05-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Sorry Sinton Fan I meant 75. And maybe Sin75 is rght but it is sure coincidence that those injuries occorred when we were playing G-P. I remember two years ago my wife donated some money to some Sinton kids and they decorated our fan with Go Pirates and that type of thing. We eventually went to the car wash in Portland and they had some hs kids working for them and even though they washed the car for us my wife seemed to think that they didnt' want to do it for her! LOL

Phil C
05-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh and on behalf of the car wash I am sure the Manager wasn't around at that time! Sports support is one thing but business and money is something else! :)