PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a bad day at work....

Chief Woodman
05-24-2004, 09:48 PM
My last shift at the Fire Station started with a gang murder in our Fire Station front yard. Bad enough that my guys have to go to the houses where drive bys occur, now the gang bangers crash in our front yard while the bullets are flying. Oh well, at least our dispatch time to on scene time was under a minute. No firemen injured, but now we might be viewed by one gang in a bad way because we rendered medical care to their enemy while things were stll a little intense. Needless to say that the gunshots we heard at 4 AM that night had a whole new meaning. Can't wait to see how tense things are the next few weeks. This really close to home for me because my brother-in-law was the Fire Chief in Roswell NM who was killed by gunfire in the line of duty in March 2002. Hope your work or school day goes better than this.

lepfan
05-24-2004, 09:58 PM
:eek: Wow!!! I hope things simmer down a bit for you all!!!!

Ranger Mom
05-24-2004, 09:59 PM
That happened in Decatur???:eek:

Chief Woodman
05-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Naw...I work in Fort Worth.......

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-24-2004, 10:08 PM
and this whole time i thought i was gonna be changing professions when i get out of the army to be a fire fighter in fw.... i guess not. but thats ok. i still wanna help ppl. thats what its all really about anyway.

CHS_Grad '85
05-24-2004, 10:53 PM
CW: Keep your head low... and hopefully the gang bangers will move on to something/someone else real soon...
B_A_02: Try a smaller town - pay is no where near the same but at least they are not shooting at you - yet....

spiveyrat
05-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Maybe the police will loan you some body armour.

CatWoman
05-25-2004, 08:55 AM
That is terrible! I have a question for anyone who might be in law enforcement or anyone who knows the answer.

In my opinion, gangs are one of the worst problems we have. Why is it that it seems that who the various gangs are is no secret, but nothing can be done about it. Do they have to be caught in the act or what is the deal. Laws need to be passed to make belonging to a gang illegal. This may not be possible, but it makes me so mad, because it is so useless and a waste of young lives.

Sans Couth
05-25-2004, 09:00 AM
I can answer your question in one word.

ACLU

BullFrog Dad
05-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Chief, Glad to hear that you and your men were unharmed. Hopefully no problems in the future. Yesterday I told you to have a FireProof Day, I guess I should've said "Have a Fire(all types)Proof Day!"

BrahmaMom
05-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Chief, thanks for risking life and limb every day, you guys are a special breed. You'll be in my prayers till things calm down. Stay safe.

Chief Woodman
08-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Update- soon after the incident at our station the local city councilman lead the push to get more officers in the gang unit. So they shot up his house. Now the PD is doing random stops on weekends and have confisticated all sorts of weapons. Tonight the gangs are back at it driving around shooting shotguns at the rivals. Once again...right by our station.

Found out things are spreading into Lake Worth with the Lake Worth PD confisticating several weapon near a new complex where a movie theatre is and where parents drop off their kids to see the flicks. (Lake Worth borders the part of Fort Worth I answer)