PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Yoakum

pirate4state
05-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Per UIL web site schedule is as follows:

1: 7:30 Thur @ Spring Sports Com SA
2: 3 Sat @ Spring Sports Com SA
3: follows

I can probably make the Thursday game but I won't be able to make Saturday's game. Sinton66 if you'll be near your computer I can call you with updates. Let me know.

Phil C
05-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Pirate keep us updated Thursday. I don't think I will get to go Thursday but might be able to make it Saturday.

SINTON81
05-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Good luck, Pirates.

sinton66
05-24-2004, 05:36 PM
I'll be here Thursday.

BrahmaMom
05-24-2004, 05:43 PM
Go Pirates!!!

JRabbit_Fan
05-24-2004, 08:48 PM
What are Sinton and Yoakum's records?

sinton66
05-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Not sure on Yoakum, but I believe Sinton is 19-12. Only two of the twelve losses were to 3A teams. The others were 4A and 5A teams.

SINTON81
05-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Try this link to get some info on Yoakum. Just click "Baseball" on the Sports Directory (on the right), then click on teams, then srcoll down and click on Yoakum. You can get all the game stats by clicking on the game summary. http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/sports/hssports/

pirate4state
05-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Sorry, guys but I don't think I'm gonna make Thursdays game after all. :( I really, really wanted to go but I'm taking a road trip to VEGAS :smoker: and just can't drive to SA, drive back to Sinton and then the very next day turn around and start a 23 hour road trip! :eek: Besides that I am dreading those gas prices out west! :crying: Oh, well -- Wish me luck in sin city!! :D

If anyone else is going (to the game) please keep us updated. :)

District303aPastPlayer
05-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sorry, guys but I don't think I'm gonna make Thursdays game after all. :( I really, really wanted to go but I'm taking a road trip to VEGAS :smoker: and just can't drive to SA, drive back to Sinton and then the very next day turn around and start a 23 hour road trip! :eek: Besides that I am dreading those gas prices out west! :crying: Oh, well -- Wish me luck in sin city!! :D

If anyone else is going (to the game) please keep us updated. :)
and you can't take me with you to Vegas? :mad: ill remember that one :thinking: jk jk have fun

44INAROW
05-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Not sure on Yoakum, but I believe Sinton is 19-12. Only two of the twelve losses were to 3A teams. The others were 4A and 5A teams.

Piece of trivia..... Cuero beat Sinton and Yoakum early in the season.. That was before everything fell apart lol

SintonFan
05-25-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm worried about Yoakum is this series. Don't they have one(or two) div. 1 pitching prospects on their team? I hear they are really, really good. Pirates yall go and take care of business!
Go Pirates!!!

pirate4state
05-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'm worried about Yoakum is this series. Don't they have one(or two) div. 1 pitching prospects on their team? I hear they are really, really good. Pirates yall go and take care of business!
Go Pirates!!! I thought they lost their pitching to graduation. :confused: They're doing something right! ;) :D Hopefully, the Pirates can keep things going. SintonFan will you be at the game?

SintonFan
05-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I thought they lost their pitching to graduation. :confused: They're doing something right! ;) :D Hopefully, the Pirates can keep things going. SintonFan will you be at the game?
I want to go but might not be able too. We're still looking at homes to buy and this weekend will probably be our big(only) weekend to make a final decision. If the series goes three then I'll do my best to be there, seriously. I've wanted to check out that Spring complex. I've driven by there a few times and it looks incredibly cool. To root on the Pirates is my drive for those playoff games. Priorities though say, "house first." But I really wanna take my son to see the maroon and white.:cool:
I'll know something Friday night, sorry.

pirate4state
05-26-2004, 02:09 PM
No problem. Looks like I'm going after all. :crazy: :wave: :cheerl:

I'll call Sinton66 with updates. :D

bd62
05-26-2004, 09:22 PM
yoakum's 2 pitchers are jrs. riley boening and travis starling.they have really been pitching good in playoffs. yoakum is a young team like sinton and it took a while to get some experience and get rolling. they played lagrange twice and bellville once in predist. so they had to grow up fast. played lagrange close for 5 innings and they beat us 4-1 both games. they lost there first dist. game to cuero 1-0 but beat them 10-3 second round.
i think it will be a typical yoakum -sinton series. in 2000 we played them 3 games in regional finals and yoakum won the third game. 6-5.
in 2002 we played them another 3 game series in regional finals and sinton won the third game 5-2.
both teams have baseball savy so it will be fun to watch.