PDA

View Full Version : WILL GAINESVILLE BLOW OUT CELINA?

cc700
10-20-2003, 08:47 AM
COULD THIS HAPPEN.DOSE ANYONE KNOW THE LAST TIME CELINA HAS GOT BLOWN OUT IN A GAME?I KNOW ITS BEEN MANY YEARS.

sphinx1906
10-20-2003, 08:55 AM
cc700you are from Dallas and you are commenting on Newton whom you have never seen play? Just how big an idiot are you? I'm sure Celina is good. They are always good. So do me a favor. Cheer for Celina and shut up about everyone else that you have never seen play.

cc700
10-20-2003, 09:02 AM
IVE SEEN NEWTON PLAY.THANKS

sphinx1906
10-20-2003, 09:15 AM
Really when?

Ranger Mom
10-20-2003, 09:19 AM
sphinx1906:
cc700you are from Dallas and you are commenting on Newton whom you have never seen play? Just how big an idiot are you? I'm sure Celina is good. They are always good. So do me a favor. Cheer for Celina and shut up about everyone else that you have never seen play.Did I miss something?? I thought this post was about Gainesville and Celina....how did Newton come into the equation??

sphinx1906
10-20-2003, 09:25 AM
It was from another thread, sorry. I won't comment on this thread anymore. Good luck.

Ranger Mom
10-20-2003, 09:26 AM
sphinx1906:
It was from another thread, sorry. I won't comment on this thread anymore. Good luck.I understand!! My brain is easily confused on Monday morning!!! :p :p

PPHSfan
10-20-2003, 10:37 AM
cc700:
COULD THIS HAPPEN.DOSE ANYONE KNOW THE LAST TIME CELINA HAS GOT BLOWN OUT IN A GAME?I KNOW ITS BEEN MANY YEARS.Celina's last loss by more than 10 points was back in 1998 in a 24-13 loss at home to Pilot Point. They have only lost one game since (to Daingerfield 21-20) in last years bi-district playoff round.

I am still searching for when the last game Celina actually got BLOWN OUT. My guess is it goes back at least six or seven years.

Another interesting fact....Several folks are using last weeks game against Pilot Point as a Barometer of Celina's Offense. But in the last 75 games that Celina has played, they have only been held to 10 points ONCE...and that was last year against PP. Funny HUH?

Here is a Link to a look at Celina's streak through Last Years Game with Gainesville (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004353#000000)

Chief Woodman
10-20-2003, 10:41 AM
I think getting blown out is possible, but not likely. Gainsville in a tight game.

crzyjournalist03
10-20-2003, 10:44 AM
I would be very surprised to see Celina get blown out. They've been a disciplined team for years. They might lose, but even against Burnet, I don't think they'd be a guarantee to lose. They're a good team, and this game should be great.

Keith7
10-20-2003, 12:52 PM
PPHSfan:

cc700:
COULD THIS HAPPEN.DOSE ANYONE KNOW THE LAST TIME CELINA HAS GOT BLOWN OUT IN A GAME?I KNOW ITS BEEN MANY YEARS.Celina's last loss by more than 10 points was back in 1998 in a 24-13 loss at home to Pilot Point. They have only lost one game since (to Daingerfield 21-20) in last years bi-district playoff round.

I am still searching for when the last game Celina actually got BLOWN OUT. My guess is it goes back at least six or seven years.

Another interesting fact....Several folks are using last weeks game against Pilot Point as a Barometer of Celina's Offense. But in the last 75 games that Celina has played, they have only been held to 10 points ONCE...and that was last year against PP. Funny HUH?

Here is a Link to a look at Celina's streak through Last Years Game with Gainesville (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004353#000000)a re you gonna come watch the game pphsfan??
or are you gonna watch whitesboro beat pilot point???

PPHSfan
10-20-2003, 05:06 PM
I tell you what Keith,

Gainesville's chances of losing this week are better than PP's. Yes we are down, but You know as well as I that Whitesboro can't even Jump-Start the Bearcats. Tell you what I will do....If Gainesville beats Celina by a Bigger Spread than Pilot Point beats Whitesboro, I will buy you dinner anywhere in Gainesville and wear a Leopards T-Shirt every day for a week in Downtown Pilot Point.

What are you willing to do?

crzyjournalist03
10-20-2003, 05:20 PM
PPHSfan:
I tell you what Keith,

Gainesville's chances of losing this week are better than PP's. Yes we are down, but You know as well as I that Whitesboro can't even Jump-Start the Bearcats. Tell you what I will do....If Gainesville beats Celina by a Bigger Spread than Pilot Point beats Whitesboro, I will buy you dinner anywhere in Gainesville and wear a Leopards T-Shirt every day for a week in Downtown Pilot Point.

What are you willing to do?eek! eek! eek! Now that's really putting your thoughts on the line! This could get interesting, although I think PPHSFan has a good shot at winning this bet.

Chief Woodman
10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Well gosh PP is playing Whitsboro. Not much of a risk there.

slpybear the bullfan
10-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Okay, I have been vocal on some other threads about Gainesville's game against Celina.

After watching them demolish my Bulls, and watching my Bulls play other teams, (like Pilot Point), I am thinking this game will not be close.

I predict a big-time Gainesville win. Yes, you can put me down for a 21 point victory by Gainesville. If not, I am sure I will dine on crow here on the board.

Tradition means a lot. But, so does talent, skill, speed, and depth.

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: slpybear the bullfan ]</small>

Keith7
10-20-2003, 10:23 PM
PPHSfan:
I tell you what Keith,

What are you willing to do?ha i was just messing w/ u.. I know whitesboro sucks.. will Pilot Point be eligable for the play offs even though CJ hatten has been playing?

and i might be willing to make that bet when PP plays VA

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Gainesville couldn't blow-out a tire in this game, much less the Bobcats...

Sorry, had to...

Gainesville could blow-out Celina, as Celina could blow-out Gainesville, but I'd expect a close one...

G'Ville on top in OT...

Gobbla2001
10-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Oh, and slybear, don't forget, G'Ville has some pretty stout tradition themselves...

How are your guys doing, btw? I read about this week in a few posts, but what about the previous ones (sorry, been too many things to wade through on Friday night's etc...)

DawgFan91
10-20-2003, 10:45 PM
Is Gainesville most likely going Div. 1?

Keith7
10-20-2003, 10:49 PM
DawgFan91:
Is Gainesville most likely going Div. 1?Yeah Gainesville is the biggest school in district 9-3A by almost 400 students..

MonkeyJoe
10-21-2003, 09:51 AM
is 35-13 a blowout?
cuz thats how bad gainesville is going to win.

slpybear the bullfan
10-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Gobbla2001:
Oh, and slybear, don't forget, G'Ville has some pretty stout tradition themselves...

How are your guys doing, btw? I read about this week in a few posts, but what about the previous ones (sorry, been too many things to wade through on Friday night's etc...)Yeah, G'ville isn't new to success either.

How are the Bulls? Well, they don't have a team that is packed wide and deep with talent, but they do have a team that is young and learning and probably playing at just the level you should expect.

Wins against Mineral Wells, Pilot Point, Boyd, and Lake Worth.

Losses to Burkburnett, Gainesville, and Decatur.

They have a good shot at making the postseason.

How are the gobblers doing down Cuero way?

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 12:20 PM
We're doin' pretty good, lost to Rice Consolidated week 1, have gone for 6 straight wins since... Starting around 5 or 6 seniors total, maybe 7, I forget...

Young kids, playing better than I thought they could this year, really pleased so far...

Hope you guys get into the playoffs...

U N R 8 D
10-21-2003, 07:54 PM
The only thing Gainesville will "Blow Out" is their mouth piece when Martin puts his facemask in their chest.

Footballfan25
10-21-2003, 10:40 PM
After looking at the records of the opponent's of Gainesville and Celina, neither team has really played a team with a decent record. For Gainesville, the best was 4-3(2 different teams) and Celina 5-2. All others had losing records. Are these two teams really that good?

Keith7
10-21-2003, 11:11 PM
U N R 8 D:
The only thing Gainesville will "Blow Out" is their mouth piece when Martin puts his facemask in their chest.ha.. thats clever.. but i believe Terrius Purvey will run all over Celina

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

mr.leopard man
10-21-2003, 11:12 PM
last time celina was blown out in a game was a 42-6 loss to archer city back in 1994 :cool:

3afan
10-22-2003, 07:42 AM
Footballfan25:
After looking at the records of the opponent's of Gainesville and Celina, neither team has really played a team with a decent record. For Gainesville, the best was 4-3(2 different teams) and Celina 5-2. All others had losing records. Are these two teams really that good?obviously a valid point. i don't think this can be answered until the playoffs. i'm sure they're both good teams - but top 10? who knows.

GETBACKCOACH
10-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Fan25,
Good points you are making except one point. They have beaten everyone by 40+ points. It's not like they have struggled anywhere. Van Alstyne is a good football team. Ask Gunter (who will probably go 3 rounds deep) how good VA is. You need to see them in person. Nobody (maybe Atlanta- I havent seen) is faster as a team in 3A.

U N R 8 D
10-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Hell yes They are that good! Keep reading the posts, I think you will see alot more about Celina and Gainesville in the Play-Offs this year. Should be and interesting season for both teams.

U N R 8 D
10-22-2003, 07:23 PM
I remember that game leopard man. Damn, they took an ass-whoopin that nite. I still can't believe Archer City beat Celina that bad. It wasn't pretty.