PDA

View Full Version : Lorena Questions

La Grange
05-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Does anybody know anything about this team? I know all the common stuff, but I would like to know some more of the team stats and star players. Old Cardinal or anybody please help.

Who are they going to pitch? How fast does he throw? How good are their bats? Really I would like to know anything and everything.

LG is pitching Homer, and really that is the only thing to know :D .

PhiI C
05-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey LA when Hornung bats walk him! We didn't and he got the winning hit and run in the state championship game and got the mvp!

sinton66
05-23-2004, 09:22 PM
I watched Lorena in a playoff game last year before the state tourney. I was convinced they were'nt a very good team after six innings of the first game . I saw them committ a bunch of errors that led to a 6-1 deficit going into the last inning. I saw them score 6 runs in the bottom of the seventh to win that game. The second game, they didn't mess around, winning easily.

I watched my Pirates play them for the championship. That game went down to the wire, and Sinton committed only one throwing error which cost them the game eventually, losing to Lorena 3-2.

Their pitching last year was decent, but not overwhelming. They managed to keep Sinton's big bats from doing much damage however. We had four guys batting over .450 and one over .500.

I don't know what they had coming back this year, but you can bet they'll be tough. They certainly know how to hang and what it takes to be a champion. Good luck to both teams, and may the best team win.

PhiI C
05-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I agree with 66 there. They didn't have that one great pitcher but they used several against Sinton last year and they would change whenever one got into trouble and it did do the job for them. But that Hornung - walk him.

j_dog
05-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I watched Lorena in a playoff game last year before the state tourney. I was convinced they were'nt a very good team after the first game . I saw them committ a bunch of errors that led to a 6-0 deficit going into the last inning. I saw them score 7 runs in the bottom of the seventh to win that game. The second game, they didn't mess around, winning easily.

That sounds just like it was when Jasper played them last year. Jasper had a 6-0 lead almost to the end of the game, and lost the game 6-7. :( In the second game, Jasper was never even in the game. In fact, it sounds like those are the games you are talking about! :(

One thing for sure, don't take Lorena lightly.

sinton66
05-23-2004, 09:33 PM
I was thinking it was BH, but you may be right, it probably was Jasper. Where was yall's series?

j_dog
05-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I was thinking it was BH, but you may be right, it probably was Jasper. Where was yall's series?

In Magnolia.

Check your pm please.

sinton66
05-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Well, yeah then, that was the one.;)

RBARKER
05-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Found this link which has some write ups of past games that Lorena has played and on the left hand side there are stats and all kinds of Info.. Take Lorena out Lagrange BH never could do it maybe yall will have better luck.

http://www.texashighschoolbaseballonline.com/teams.cfm?id=173

spiveyrat
05-24-2004, 10:20 AM
How fast does Homer throw?

RBARKER
05-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

Mid to upper 90's :eek:

Bellville22
05-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

As 'RBARKER' said, he stays in the mid-90's with the fastball pretty much all game, occasionally cranking it up to 97-98 when he gets loose. However, as I mentioned last week, it's his command and curveball that make him a top pitching prospect in the nation. When his 12 to 6 curveball is on (and it usually is), he's virtually unhittable, because he's going to throw the fastball where he wants, and when you're geared up for 95mph, and looking on one side of the plate, the hook can make you look ridiculous. It's really something to see, if you have the chance, I suggest making a trip to watch him.

Old Cardinal
05-24-2004, 11:46 AM
It should be a great game. Both of these teams could take the Tournament along with Jasper. I favor Lorena because they have 6 clutch hitters and Champions die really hard. If however LaGrange wins then you are to be commended for beating an excellent team. I think there is a good chance this is the best ballgame of the entire season.

Old Cardinal
05-24-2004, 12:04 PM
It should be a great game. Both of these teams could take the Tournament along with Jasper. I favor Lorena because they have 6 clutch hitters and Champions die really hard. If however LaGrange wins then you are to be commended for beating an excellent team. I think there is a good chance this is the best ballgame of the entire season.

spiveyrat
05-24-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Mid to upper 90's :eek:
Whoa! :eek: That's some SERIOUS HEAT for high school!

Fastest I ever saw in high school was in the low to mid '80s.

La Grange
05-24-2004, 07:46 PM
The Leopard vs. Leopard fued is growing :D . Apparently some LG players went to Lorena's last game, and some fans and some players got alittle riled up agianst the LG spectators. Some words were exchanged and now it is a battle :D .

A lot of kids went to the recycleing center after school and picked up some old propane tanks to make shakers, so if you are coming to the game bring ear plugs :D .