PDA

View Full Version : Semi-finals for all regions

VWG
05-23-2004, 10:33 AM
In Region I you've got Perryton, Canyon, Graham, and Glen Rose left.
Perrtyon a surprise winner over Lubbock Cooper.
Glen Rose comes out of third place in their district and has been playing one game playoff matchups to advance.
Canyon's been here before so experience is on their side.
Graham has a scrappy, never say die team.

Can anyone stop the Forney machine in Region II?
How about those Texarkana schools, representing that city with two teams in the semi's.

Jasper is coming into the semi-finals on a roll after dusting off their last opponent.

Comments on other regional matchups?

La Grange
05-23-2004, 11:10 AM
La Gragne vs. Lorena is going to be a struggle between two power house teams in Region III.

Lorena coming off of a state championship last year, and LG having the number one pitching prospect in the Nation. This series is the series of the week in the state I think.

kaorder1999
05-23-2004, 01:14 PM
things sure will be interesting before the state tourney. I dont know if forney has what it takes this year...i havent gotten to see them play

JRabbit_Fan
05-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
La Gragne vs. Lorena is going to be a struggle between two power house teams in Region III.

Lorena coming off of a state championship last year, and LG having the number one pitching prospect in the Nation. This series is the series of the week in the state I think.

I read on the UIL website that this is a one-game playoff. Is that true? I would love to see that match-up.

wildstangs
05-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Anyone heard where Perryton and Glen Rose will play? Wouldn't surprise me if its in Oklahoma.

wildstangs
05-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Man what happened to Lubbock Cooper. Perryton beat them 21-9! Perryton has to be one of the surprises in Region 1. They were runner up to a very tough Canyon team.

La Grange
05-23-2004, 01:59 PM
If LG vs. Lorena is a one game series then Homer will for sure be pitching.

What does Lorena's ace have? Homer is consistly at 94-96, but after that kid from BH hit that home run I think he was throwing a lot faster than that :D .

La Grange's bats are coming around nicely. Anderle who had 0 home runs the entire year had 2 last series agianst BH.

I got LG in this one in a very close game 3-2, possibly even extra innings. Two great teams, one great game.

VWG
05-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Man what happened to Lubbock Cooper. Perryton beat them 21-9! Perryton has to be one of the surprises in Region 1. They were runner up to a very tough Canyon team.

I agree. Perryton beating Lubbock Cooper is a big surprise.

Rabbit'93
05-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
things sure will be interesting before the state tourney. I dont know if forney has what it takes this year...i havent gotten to see them play
KA I saw the GW game last Fri and GW was tough. #14 for them matched up with Chance Corgan very well. I think the boys have what it takes.