PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs. Columbus schedule per UIL

j_dog
05-22-2004, 10:53 PM
1: 7:30 Thur @ Montgomery
2: 2 Sat @ Montgomery
3: follows

Caution: Jasper schedules and locations seem to change! Proceed with caution. :D

JasperDog94
05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
PLEASEEEEEEE let it stay in Montgomery. That's right down the road from me!:D :D

j_dog
05-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
PLEASEEEEEEE let it stay in Montgomery. That's right down the road from me!:D :D
Yeah, me too, at least for this week. :D

JasperDog94
05-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Can some of you Bridge City folks tell us anything about Columbus?

Bellville22
05-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Can some of you Bridge City folks tell us anything about Columbus?

I can tell you a little, and I know 'Brahma73' can fill you in.

Columbus isn't the most talented team left, infact there's probably quite a few teams with more talent that are already out. But they are a hot team, and a confident team, and if you know anything about baseball, you know that that can take you a long way. They finished 3rd in D23, and really had to fight to get into the playoffs after a tough first round. They had a good showing in a 3-1 loss to district champ Bellville, then upset Navasota in the last game to clinch a playoff spot, and have continued to roll since then.

Janak is the young man who has taken on most of the pitching duty lately. He's not overpowering, but from what I know, he spots the ball well, and mixes it up. He's been very effective lately. They have several others who can throw, nobody overpowering. Offensively they simply have confidence at the plate right now. Sciba and Wooten are good hitters, as well as Janak as far as I know. They show flashes of power, but basically just find a way to score enough runs. They were an average team defensively early in the year, but I imagine they've improved.

In my opinion, I think the Cardinal's hot streak comes to an end this week against a Jasper team that, from what I hear, is the real deal. I look for Jasper to advance in 2 games.

JasperDog94
05-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks 22. I hope I get to see a game.

spiveyrat
05-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks 22.

ditto that.

j_dog
05-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
In my opinion, I think the Cardinal's hot streak comes to an end this week against a Jasper team that, from what I hear, is the real deal. I look for Jasper to advance in 2 games.

Now you are scaring me! :D When everybody starts picking Jasper to win, that is when they lose. :( Columbus has to have something to have advanced this far. But, thanks for the expression of respect. :)

Reveille
05-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Spivey, I have a news flash for you. We finally made the Enterprise.

http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11784554&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512556&rfi=6

spiveyrat
05-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I saw! :clap:

I guess they had to jump on the bandwagon once most all of the triangle teams have hung up their cleats. Better late than never... I suppose. :rolleyes:

j_dog
05-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

I guess they had to jump on the bandwagon once most all of the triangle teams have hung up their cleats. Better late than never... I suppose. :rolleyes:
To the credit of the BE, at least they occasionally recognize that Jasper exists. Now the Houston Chronicle does not even list their games in the 3a Region III playoff schedule!!:mad: :eek: :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
05-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
To the credit of the BE, at least they occasionally recognize that Jasper exists. Now the Houston Chronicle does not even list their games in the 3a Region III playoff schedule!!:mad: :eek: :rolleyes:

I gave up on them a couple of years ago. :(

JasperDog94
05-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

I don't know. Both PNG and LCM are still in it. I think PNG only has one loss this year.

spiveyrat
05-26-2004, 11:13 AM
I don't know. Both PNG and LCM are still in it. I think PNG only has one loss this year.

The key word was "most".

Been fishing lately? I haven't. Pulling the boat anywhere is getting pretty expensive now. AND, we just had a front go through so I'm waiting for the barometric pressure to come down some. Maybe Thursday or Friday.

JasperDog94
05-26-2004, 11:20 AM
I went out on Lake Livingston yesterday afternoon in 15-20 mph wind....not the smartest choice. Came back with 5 whites. There was a couple of times that the only part of the boat that was in the water was the prop.:eek: :eek:

spiveyrat
05-26-2004, 01:39 PM
YEEHAWWWWWW! :D

I was fishing in the wind one day this spring using my trolling motor and the boat was rocking so much from the wave action that my trolling motor lower unit kept coming out of the water! I didn't stay there too long (wasn't catching anything).

Reveille
05-26-2004, 01:51 PM
I went out on Lake Livingston yesterday afternoon in 15-20 mph wind....not the smartest choice. Came back with 5 whites. There was a couple of times that the only part of the boat that was in the water was the prop.:eek: :eek:

I remember those days. What the heck was I thinking? Oh well, I guess I was young and dumb. :cool:

JasperDog94
05-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Actually that was happening to me yesterday, so we started trolling. Now if my outboard motor was coming out of the water, then we "really" would have been in some serious trouble.