PDA

View Full Version : In game 2 Sinton 2 Hidalgo 0

PhiI C
05-22-2004, 08:12 PM
so Sinton advances since they won game 1 last night. It was a well played game by both teams. Sinton got the hits needed to get the two runs to win. Hidalgo had men on bases but made some mental mistakes that hurt them. One was in the sixth inning when their batter made a beautiful hit to the fence and got to second easily where he should have stopped but they were greedy and tried to make it to third and got put out. Overall two good teams. Hidalgo had a good team and had only lost two games before they played Sinton.

PhiI C
05-22-2004, 08:16 PM
I forgot to be specific. This was baseball.

Sans Couth
05-22-2004, 08:20 PM
I was thinking it might be soccer.

sinton66
05-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
I was thinking it might be soccer.

HUSH YOUR MOUTH! I hope we NEVER see soccer at Sinton.

Congratulations Pirates!!!!

PhiI C
05-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Come on 66! Don't beat around the bush! Be specific on how you feel about soccer coming to Sinton. :)

sinton66
05-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Hey, looks like we get Yoakum for the regional championship.

PhiI C
05-22-2004, 08:43 PM
That is right 66. They may meet after today's game to decide since some of the Yoakum coaches were there or they may wait until Monday. I don't know if they will play two out of three or winner take all. I know they played Gonzales in San Antonio last year and may do the same with Yoakum.

pirate4state
05-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hey, looks like we get Yoakum for the regional championship. Nope, semi-finals! :D I'm guessing we're gonna have to play one game on Thursday or earlier in the week. Sinton has their graduation ceremony Friday night.

j_dog
05-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Congratulations Sinton! Just glad it wasn't SOCCER! :)

PhiI C
05-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Pirate - I wonder when Yoakum has theirs. That could pose a problem.

sinton66
05-22-2004, 10:05 PM
She's right, it will be a regional semi. Fal and Llano are still in it too.

District303aPastPlayer
05-23-2004, 08:42 PM
did anyone who went to the game, see the play sinton tried to pull in the top of the 7th to end it with 2 outs? if not, here is a brief recap:

Coach K came out to the mound and called in his infield. They all met for a good 45 seconds to a minute... enough for the Hidalgo cheerleaders to shout out the alphabet and mess it up.. TWICE. Well, then the 3 basemen, went to their respective outfielders. Well... G then turns to throw to first and the first baseman misses the ball and goes to look at it.. all the while G(the pitcher) goes towards first... thing is... HE HAS THE BALL... the runner turns and looks and is almost caught bein greedy. Funny stuff.. if you have ever seen Major League the movie... its sorta like that.

3afan2K3
05-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
HUSH YOUR MOUTH! I hope we NEVER see soccer at Sinton.

Congratulations Pirates!!!!
I do

District303aPastPlayer
05-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
I do
we might....

3afan2K3
05-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
we might....
yall should

District303aPastPlayer
05-23-2004, 09:01 PM
we could.

SintonFan
05-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
did anyone who went to the game, see the play sinton tried to pull in the top of the 7th to end it with 2 outs? if not, here is a brief recap:

Coach K came out to the mound and called in his infield. They all met for a good 45 seconds to a minute... enough for the Hidalgo cheerleaders to shout out the alphabet and mess it up.. TWICE. Well, then the 3 basemen, went to their respective outfielders. Well... G then turns to throw to first and the first baseman misses the ball and goes to look at it.. all the while G(the pitcher) goes towards first... thing is... HE HAS THE BALL... the runner turns and looks and is almost caught bein greedy. Funny stuff.. if you have ever seen Major League the movie... its sorta like that.
Thanks for the story. That would have been cool!

pirate4state
05-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Hey Aaron, that play worked for us back in the day. Since I've been out of school, I have not seen that play work. I guess too many people have seen us try it. :D Good idea though! ;)

Phil C
05-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Yes that was one of the three memorable plays in the game. One of the others of course when one of the Hidalgo batters got a great hit all the way to the fence but he was greedy and tried to make third and got put out. Of course they were behind and maybe needed to gamble on it. The other play was when I thought it was over and then the next thing they had a Hidalgo in a run down between first and second and got him out. I still don't know what happened in that instance.

pirate4state
05-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The other play was when I thought it was over and then the next thing they had a Hidalgo in a run down between first and second and got him out. I still don't know what happened in that instance. Hidalgo had a base runner at first and the batter popped up and as he ran to first interferred with the first baseman's attempt to catch the ball. He was called out, but the base runner took off to second :confused: and in his attempt to get back to first base he was tagged out. :doh: Mental mistake on his part! :eek:

Phil C
05-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Thank you Pirate! That must have been when the runner knocked Steven to the ground. Fortunately that ball missed him or it could have been a serious head injury. That was the thing that had me very worried at the time.