PDA

View Full Version : Post Reservations needed here

sinton66
05-22-2004, 07:34 AM
Inks State Park appears to be the location of choice. If you want to camp, you'll need reservations. Hopefully we can all get in the same area. If you want to stay in a motel, you'll need reservations also. Post your reservation needs here, and we'll try to get everybody accommodated.

So far, RangerMom and her family plan to camp and so do I. So, that's two campsites already. We will need your information as quickly as possible.

jason
05-22-2004, 07:42 AM
ill be there...but i have a place to stay, so ill leave sat night and then come back sun morning...

Ranger Mom
05-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that they had campsites with electricity?? One of those is what I want.

I was told if we were gonna "rough" it, then we HAD to have a fan at the very least!!:rolleyes:

sinton66
05-25-2004, 07:35 AM
I would encourage anyone wishing to camp to call the park immediately. RangerMom, could you please post the contact number? The spaces will fill up pretty quickly. We understand they allow more than one tent per campsite, so it's possible some of you can share one. For motel reservations, olddawggreen can help. He's familiar with what's available.

Ranger Mom
05-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Okay!!

I reserved mine and 66's!!

You cannot call the park and make reservations, it has to be done through Reserve America.

Reserve America Website (http://www.reserveamerica.com) (Must type in: Inks Lake State Park)

Phone number is: 512-389-8900

I made mine online, but the more I thought about it, the more I decided I better call and make sure I got what I wanted!!

Boy, am I glad I called. Otherwise Sinton66 and my husband would have probably been just a little PO'd, if they would have had to hike all the way down that hill to Devil's waterhole to set up the tents!!

Not to worry, we are now booked into a spot that we can actually drive up to!!

jason
05-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Okay!!

I reserved mine and 66's!!

You cannot call the park and make reservations, it has to be done through Reserve America.

Reserve America Website (http://www.reserveamerica.com)

Phone number is: 512-389-8900

I made mine online, but the more I thought about it, the more I decided I better call and make sure I got what I wanted!!

Boy, am I glad I called. Otherwise Sinton66 and my husband would have probably been just a little PO'd, if they would have had to hike all the way down that hill to Devil's waterhole to set up the tents!!

Not to worry, we are now booked into a spot that we can actually drive up to!! so do i get to put my tent right next to urs??? :D :D

Ranger Mom
05-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by jason
so do i get to put my tent right next to urs??? :D :D

Ummm......... NO!!!

olddawggreen
05-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Range Mom, they told me that you couldn't reserve specific camp sites, but went on a "first Come, first served basis, where you actually able to tie a site down? Did you manage to get one close to the pavillion?

Ranger Mom
05-26-2004, 02:11 PM
ODG!! I wasn't able to reserve a specific site, but I was able to reserve a specific type of site.

I believe the one's I got (keeping my fingers crossed) are set up for trailers also.

The one's I originally reserved were down by the water, and evidently you had to park about 100 feet away and walk down the hill to the campsite.

I didn't want that, I wanted my vehicle to be right there where I was, so I changed it. The site map they have on there isn't worth a darn!!