PDA

View Full Version : Cost of raising a child...

lepfan
05-20-2004, 11:01 PM
I have gone broke!!!!! Thank goodness there is a significant recovery period between the ages of my two kids.

Bull's-eye
05-20-2004, 11:48 PM
That is like a hard combo of jabs, wait till the KO of college tuition.:doh:

lepfan
05-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
That is like a hard combo of jabs, wait till the KO of college tuition.:doh:

ughhhhh!!!! We never bought patches for my son's letter jacket...just never got around to it...well, I went down and ordered them this week and:eek: I have shelled out almost $1K in misc. expenses since January!!!!:weeping:

He is going to go to JuCo....and may commute...but then it may be cheaper to live on campus with the price of gas

sinton66
05-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Just be thankful you only have one going to college. I spent several years with my son, daughter, and WIFE all going at the same time. Thank God that's over with. Unfortunately, I'M the only uneducated boob in the family now.:D

BullFrog Dad
05-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Fifteen and a half was when my son gave up his motocross dream. You'll go broke just hearing about the cost!!!

Ranger Mom
05-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Thank goodness my ex-father-in-law has offered to put my son who graduates this year through college.

I am taking my middle son today to get his driver's license. I guess my insurance is fixin to take another great big leap!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

olddawggreen
05-21-2004, 08:45 AM
Get ready Ranger Mom, my oldest turned 16 last year and got his license. We have had insurance (home and auto) with Texas Farm Burea for the last 15 or so years, with no tickets and only 2 minor fenderbenders on our record and guess what? They dropped us when my son got his license. After a lot of hoopla, my agent managed to get them to take us back (ooonly because we had our home insurance with them), with another underwriter at a much higher premium. I just cant wait till my 12 and 13 year old start driving!:mad: :mad:

VWG
05-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Although not there yet... but I definitely believe the 16+ category would be much higher. More expenses such as car insurance every month, clothes are more expensive, etc......

slpybear the bullfan
05-22-2004, 12:24 AM
LOL... the real poll should be...

"Which cost more... Boys or Girls?!"

Man... I never realized how much toliet paper I would buy and never use!!!

Bull's-eye
05-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Although not there yet... but I definitely believe the 16+ category would be much higher. More expenses such as car insurance every month, clothes are more expensive, etc...... What's really a bummer, you don't get the child tax credit when they are not under 17 by the end of the year. :doh: I think that's the most expensive years!:thinking: