PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual Meet and Greet (Please Vote Quickly)

Ranger Mom
05-20-2004, 10:19 PM
We are not getting a huge amount of response on where to have this shindig.

I decided to make a poll with the 3 places I have seen mentioned

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-20-2004, 10:23 PM
yay i was the first person to vote in this poll, so everything is 100% i rock! untill someone else votes, and im screwed. no one vote here, just messin w/ ya RM

Ranger Mom
05-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Are you planning on attending??:D

kaorder1999
05-20-2004, 10:59 PM
wish i could go...

sinton66
05-21-2004, 06:23 AM
We definitely need to get everybody's opinion quickly. We're going to have to make reservations early. These parks get pretty busy during the summer.

sinton66
05-22-2004, 07:29 AM
I think we have enough of a sample to go with Inks. Looks like it is the clear choice. Can somebody go ahead and make the reservations? I'd say we need at least two adjacent camping spots, maybe more if anyone else wants to camp. If it's possible, it would be a good idea to book a group dining facility also.

Ranger Mom
05-22-2004, 08:07 AM
I think Olddawggreen said he had already rented a open air pavilion. I will have to look back and see where I read that at.

If that is so, I wonder if any of the campgrounds are in that immediate vicinty??

Okay, I am editing my post. Below is the quote I found from olddawggreen:

Ok guys, If, just in case we decide on Inks Lake, I have called and was told that as of today there were 47 camp sites with water and electrity, about 40 with water (or Electricty, I dont remember which) these sites you can drive up to and rent for $16.00 per night, first come, first served. There are also camp sites that you can park in another area and walk to. I understand there are also RV hook ups.

There is a $4.00 per person per day park enterance fee per person.

There is 1 open air pavillion that could be used as a gathering place from 10 am till 9 pm, ( after ( pm people can gather at individual camp sites or at the slab at the camp store) for 25 people, it is water front with a nice view of the lake. (I was told since it was open air it wouldnt be a problem for more people, no pets inside, outside ok) No rest rooms at the site (jump in the lake )

This pavillion rents for $20.00 per day, and Im not trying to make any decisions for anybody, but because it was the only pavillion available for July 10 & 11, I went ahead and reserved it. No big deal if I have to cancel it, free cancelation today and $5.00 per day cancelation fee after today up to two days before.

Any one that wants an individual camp site can make a reservation at www.tpwd.state.tx.us or call 512-389-8900. Again, its first come, first served, maybe someone could get there early and block some up together.

If you decide to hold this thing at Inks Lake, I will post a list of motels located in the towns nearest the park so those that want a room can call and make reservations. Just let me know and I will help anyway I can.

jason
05-22-2004, 08:40 AM
ok this is kind of off topic...maybe we can get a group together sat afternoon and go play 9 holes...

Ranger Mom
05-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by jason
ok this is kind of off topic...maybe we can get a group together sat afternoon and go play 9 holes...

Wow...Really???

Count me OUT!!!:D :D

mwynn05
05-22-2004, 11:32 AM
dang i wanna go