PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill Softball

Brahma73
05-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Where in Brenham are they playing tonight?

RBARKER
05-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Brenham High School Thursday at 7:30 p.m. I don't know the exact directions but I will see if I can find some.

RBARKER
05-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Here is what I found on MAPQUEST directions from Bellville.:

Brenham High School
525 A H Ehrig Dr, Brenham, TX
979-277-6570

Start out going Northeast on S BELL ST toward TX-159/TX-36/E MAIN ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto TX-159 W/TX-36 N/E MAIN ST. <0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto TX-159 W/TX-36 N/W MAIN ST. Continue to follow TX-36 N. 16.3 miles Map

4: TX-36 N becomes TX-36 BR/S DAY ST. 0.9 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto TX-36 BR/W TOM GREEN ST. <0.1 miles Map

6: Turn LEFT onto TX-36 BR/AUSTIN ST. Continue to follow TX-36 BR N. 1.7 miles Map

7: Turn RIGHT onto OLD MASONIC RD/OLD MASONIC CEMETERY RD. <0.1 miles Map

8: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto A H EHRIG DR. <0.1 miles Map

9: End at 525 A H Ehrig Dr Brenham TX Map

cgw1622
05-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Getting to the Brenham High School is real easy. If you are on 36 take the 36 business exit go about 1 mile and there is a sign on the left ,"Brenham High School" can't miss it. If you are coming from 290 take the business exit and go till you see the sign on the right.

Brahma73
05-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks! I'm very familiar with Brenham, but they have at least a dozen softball fields and I wasn't sure which one was the site of the game. The one at the high school is call "Alumni Field." As far the directions, the way from 36 North, taking business 36 is the best. Coming from the south, it's tricky going through town, so it's probably best to take the 36/290 loop around to the north side and then exit business 36 and head south.

Good luck Lady Eagles!

Look forward to seeing some of you there! If I make it I'll be wearing my red Bellville Brahmanette Softball shirt. Wave at me!

Sans Couth
05-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Do they have any good places to get an ice cream cone in Brenham?

RBARKER
05-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Any news on the Score? The Boys got killed tonight Hope the girls did well.

cgw1622
05-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Troy 3 Barbers Hill 0 Next Caldwell vs Troy at A&M University 7:30 Thursday

RBARKER
05-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the score:( Dang the Girls are out and the Boys arn't looking good. Oh Well Congrats to the Lady Eagles on an outstanding season. Good luck to Troy during the next round.

RBARKER
05-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Write up on the game for those interested.

BRENHAM — The season came down to one pitch for the Barbers Hill softball team Thursday night. Unfortunately it didn’t go in the Lady Eagles’ favor.

Troy’s Amber Bradshaw hit a two-run homerun in the top of the fourth inning to lead the Trojanettes passed the Lady Eagles 3-0 in the state regional semifinals at Brenham High School.

“We just didn’t hit the ball tonight and they did,” Barbers Hill coach Kirk Hall said. “Other than that, we played fine. They just had the better team tonight.”

Troy’s Michelle Ege got the fourth inning started with an infield single to short. Bradshaw followed with a mile-high shot that just cleared the left field wall to make it 2-0. Lady Eagles starting pitcher Crystal Gonzalez was able to retire the next two batters to end the inning.

“The batter (Bradshaw) didn’t get all that pitch,” Hall said. “It just got up in the wind, which was blowing harder than I thought. We sure needed to get some balls up in that wind, too.”

The Lady Eagles had a chance to answer in the bottom of the fourth when Taylor Hall led off with an infield single to short. After Heather Mosser popped out to third base, Crystal Gonzalez hit a line drive single to centerfield, but Hall hesitated and got caught in a rundown for the second out of the inning. Courtesy runner Katie Stripling, who replaced Gonzalez, stole second and third to move into scoring position but Katie Blaylock struck out to end the fourth.

Barbers Hill had one last opportunity in the sixth when they had two runners on base with one out. Hall once again singled to get it going and Mosser walked, but the Lady Eagles couldn’t find a way to get them home.

“We certainly had our chances, but we couldn’t capitalize on any of them,” Hall said. “When we finally got runners on we couldn’t get any hits. It just goes that way sometimes.”

The Trojanettes added an insurance run in the top of the sixth inning. Troy’s starting pitcher Kacie Sulak helped her own cause with a one-out double to left field. Ege was able to knock Sulak with a single to center field. Hall pulled starter Crystal Gonzalez and brought Mosser in in relief and she shut down Troy before they could cause any more damage.

“This has been a great season and one of the best in school history,” Hall said. “Even though they lost, what these girls have done this year is incredible.”

The loss marked the final game for seniors Crystal Gonzalez, Samantha Gonzalez, Taylor Hall and Leah Freeman.

“The seniors have been big for us all year and they have played some of our most important positions,” Hall said. “The seniors had all our hits tonight and that says something. They will be missed next season.”