PDA

View Full Version : Former Sinton pitcher, Mike Adams makes his MLB debut!

pirate4state
05-19-2004, 10:27 AM
**Mike Adams made his Major League pitching debut last night pitching the 7th inning against the Montreal Expos for the Milwaukee Brewers. Mike registered a perfect outing allowing no runners to reach base. He struck out one and did not walk a batter. This is a young man that did not receive a college baseball scholarship out of high school and was not drafted but signed out of A&M Kingsville as a free agent.** :clap:

**info received by email

Maybe, one of the local sports "anchors" will have a clip. This is awesome!! :D Congrats to Mike & his family! :thumbsup:

GOFOR2
05-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
**Mike Adams made his Major League pitching debut last night pitching the 7th inning against the Montreal Expos for the Milwaukee Brewers. Mike registered a perfect outing allowing no runners to reach base. He struck out one and did not walk a batter. This is a young man that did not receive a college baseball scholarship out of high school and was not drafted but signed out of A&M Kingsville as a free agent.** :clap:

**info received by email

Maybe, one of the local sports "anchors" will have a clip. This is awesome!! :D Congrats to Mike & his family! :thumbsup:

That is awesome! The sad thing is that our local sports anchors, outside of Roland and Red, and complete selfish idiots, they probably wont do crap since it is not related to Moody or Calallen. Hope they do some stuff on him though. Mike is a great guy, hope he finds a home in the show.

Doon
05-19-2004, 12:29 PM
That is great, local kid makes good. Didn't see it in the Smaller-Times and probably won't be a mention of it on the TV unless they are talking about Keishnick (sp) at the same time. Will be something like Brooks has a teammate from Sinton.

SintonFan
05-19-2004, 01:24 PM
That is cool!:cool:
I'm glad he took advantage of his debut. Great job Mike!

Old Tiger
05-19-2004, 10:22 PM
helluva debut

Chris Hart
05-20-2004, 12:18 AM
What year did he graduate? I love it anytime a 3A or lower kid makes it to the bigs. I think the # of small town athletes in the bigs will continue to grow. Congrats to Mike Adams!:)

District303aPastPlayer
05-20-2004, 12:35 PM
He graduated in 1996.. i think. I do recall he has a state championship for, of all sports, basketball.

pirate4state
05-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Here is a "snip" of the story from last night's game ...

..."The home run made a winner out of Mike Adams (1-0), who struck out Orlando Cabrera during a tense, 11-pitch at-bat with the go-ahead run on second as part of a scoreless eighth inning. It was just Adams' second major league appearance." ...

to read the rest of the story go to

Brewers (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=240520120&prov=ap) :clap: I don't know about you guys, but this is way cool! :D

pirate4state
05-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Hope this works. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040521/capt.sjua10705210028.brewers_expos_sjua107.jpgMike is the tall guy! :D

SintonFan
05-21-2004, 11:45 AM
The Caller Times published that story in today's(Friday) baseball section of the sports.

sinton66
05-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Here's a link if you want to check it out.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=430606