PDA

View Full Version : District 24-3A next year

RBARKER
05-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Found this article in the Baytown Sun about Anahuac going to win another district Champ. next year despite WOS. Thought yall would like to read some Football talk.

http://www.baytownsun.com/story.lasso?wcd=16151

JasperDog94
05-17-2004, 03:03 PM
What else would you expect a coach to say? "Naw, we really don't want the district championship. West Orange can have it."

RBARKER
05-17-2004, 03:08 PM
NO I don't expect him to lay down and givin to WOS. Its just kind of funny that Anahuac wins district for the first time in forever and now their ready to beat WOS. I can't see the game even being close. Anahuacs coach is doing a great job over there but I don't think they are ready for WOS. They couldn't even beat Huffman.

JasperDog94
05-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I guess I was looking for some bombshell in the article. Something like Anahuac's coach guaranteeing a victory over WOS or something.

WOSgrad
05-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Well, just a couple of points:

1. Just because you say it, doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Take for instance if the Orange Leader printed a story saying that Dan Hooks thought they would take the 3A D1 title. I think 36 other schools (the other 5 in the district plus the other 31 D1 participants IF we were to make the playoffs) would strongly disagree. In short, I don't take anything from that.

2. I noticed that he only said that he had a good team, the remark about them taking district was actually made by the reporter and not the coach.

3. Although I'd be lying if I said that I didn't expect WO-S to take the 24-3A title, in reality it really doesn't matter if they don't. If they aren't in Division I, it is only because they are not in the playoffs. They can finish 1,2 or 3 in district...it doesn't matter. They are the biggest school in the district.

4. Even so, we'll take all of the bulletin board material that we can get.

RBARKER
05-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad

2. I noticed that he only said that he had a good team, the remark about them taking district was actually made by the reporter and not the coach.

Ok I'll stir the pot a little more. In the Article it read “I think we can duplicate (winning the crown),” Martel said last week in the comfort of his office. Sounds like the coach made the statement to me :D . Again I dont exspect the coach to say "were going to get killed in district" but I don't feal he is giving the teams in this district credit.

WOSgrad
05-17-2004, 04:10 PM
LOL! Somebody from our coach's home town stirring the pot? Naw! LOL!

If he is indeed not giving other members of the district enough credit.....that is a mistake that he will have to attone for in a little over three months. Remember No.1 on my list, my friend. Remember No. 1!

Old Tiger
05-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
What else would you expect a coach to say? "Naw, we really don't want the district championship. West Orange can have it." lmao