PDA

View Full Version : Bible verse

spiveyrat
05-17-2004, 10:31 AM
My wife just called me and told me about this Bible verse that was in her devotion today. Kind of fits with all that is going on in today's world...

John 15:18-21
If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. "If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.
"Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me.

Rabbit'93
05-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Amen

Wildcat81
05-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Second that Amen.

GUNHO
05-17-2004, 11:37 AM
This is true.The god they worship is NOT the GOD of our bible.

JasperDog94
05-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks Spivey. That really ministered to me today. I've become increasingly frustrated by the press, "world opinion", etc... This verse really helps put that in perspective.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2004, 12:48 PM
WOW!!!!

That was powerful!!!

BrahmaMom
05-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Great timing! His Word is powerful! Thanks.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Thanks Spivey. That really ministered to me today. I've become increasingly frustrated by the press, "world opinion", etc... This verse really helps put that in perspective.

i totally agree jasperdog94, and thanks again spivey, always good to hear things of the good Lord when no one in the world wants us too. i recieved this in my email the other day and thought this would be the perfecgt place to share it

In light of the many perversions and jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke, it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding the attacks on Sept. 11).

Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response.

She said "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives.

And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?"

In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare ( she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.

Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school . the Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem. We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Are you laughing?

football_fanatic
05-19-2004, 01:28 PM
When you get frustrated....just remember "we already won"...with the death and ressurection of Christ. NO matter what happens here on Earth, if you are a Christian you WILL be saved, and spend eternity in HEAVEN...... what a GREAT promise.

1 Thessalonians 4:13
Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope.

GUNHO
05-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Anne was right on target with that.I know there are people out there fighting to get back things and stopping things from taking place for those who love the Lord.My prayers are with them.

SintonFan
05-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Thank you for those encouraging words. It makes you realize we're not alone. :)