PDA

View Full Version : Will the Baseball Championship Be Decided the Week of 5/25

pakrat
05-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Everone is expecting a big shoot-out between Lagrange and Lorena that week. Of course Lufkin Hudson and Mt Belview Barber's Hill might have something to say about that. Hudson defeated West in 2 games and now must face Lorena. District 18 is still well represented with Cameron Yoe and Lorena, but only LaGrange is left of District 24.

pakrat
05-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Make that the week of 5/24. The 24 was so tiny on my calendar that I couldn't see it.I need:nerd:

La Grange
05-16-2004, 07:58 PM
It really all depends on the kind of series the Lep's play. If they play a one game series and they pitch Homer I don't see anyone beating them. If they play a best 2 outta 3 La Grange's playoff dreams might be in question.

Don't get me wrong this LG team is loaded with baseball talent, but on somedays they just can not get the bats going. If it is a LG vs. Lorena matchup next week, I think that would be virtually the state championship game.

JasperDog94
05-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
If it is a LG vs. Lorena matchup next week, I think that would be virtually the state championship game.
I'm not even gonna touch that one.

Sans Couth
05-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Poor Forney. They get no respect.:D

La Grange
05-16-2004, 10:33 PM
JasperDog I was only joking in my post. That is why I put the "virtually" just to be a talker :D .

Really La Grange should start worrying about BH, last year they came into the post season with the same attitude and got booted out pretty early.

There are a lot of great teams left that would love to have a shot at beating Homer.

jason
05-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Poor Forney. They get no respect.:D thats fine, they'll sneak in under the radar...
in the past when forney was the favorites it never worked out..maybe this year will be different

Sans Couth
05-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Forney is at the very least....a top ten team. I have not seen any of the Coastal or Centex teams play this year, but I am sure that most of those folks have not seen Forney play either. Forney should get a little more repect if they win next week.

lepfan
05-16-2004, 10:45 PM
If they play a best 2 outta 3 La Grange's playoff dreams might be in question.

I see them playing one game this week...but then what do I know....not much

I think the team knows what they have and what it will take...I don't think they will take ANY team for granted...shabby teams just don't make it to the play offs and the LG boys know what they are up against....Good Luck LG!!!!! Like you said the team is loaded with good players, it takes more than one to win the championship!!!!

Bellville22
05-17-2004, 10:37 AM
They may have just not updated the site, but UIL has the State Championship decided the second week in June.

If that's not right, someone should contact them.

3afan2K3
05-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
They may have just not updated the site, but UIL has the State Championship decided the second week in June.

If that's not right, someone should contact them.
pakrat is saying that the two "best" teams in the state might play each other that week if they both make it. So it will be like the Championship

Rabbit'93
05-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
pakrat is saying that the two "best" teams in the state might play each other that week if they both make it. So it will be like the Championship

I think they were being sarcastic. Or at least I hoipe they were.

JasperDog94
05-17-2004, 12:45 PM
JasperDog I was only joking in my post. That is why I put the "virtually" just to be a talker :D .

He (or she...don't want to offend anyone.....for now) was just messin' around.