PDA

View Full Version : Dawn at Socorro tonight on TCM!

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 08:54 AM
It starts at 7:30 P.M. It lasts an hour and a half. This is a great western make in beautiful color and the setting is in the beautiful New Mexico countryside. It stars Rory Calhoun, Piper Laurie, David Brian, Alex Nicol, Lee Van Cleff, and Edgar Buchannan. The entire cast is excellent but two performances stand out and one is Edgar Buchannan as the Sheriff of Socorro and the other is Alex Nicol in the role of Jimmy Rapp. Nicol's performance is outstanding and one of the best supporting performances in the 50s. You will be devastated when you find out why he didn't help his adoptive family in the showdown with Rory Calhoun in the first 20 minutes of the movie. The movie builds up to an exciting suspenseful final showdown. Don't miss it! If you don't have cable get someone to record it for you. You will be glad you did and the person recording for you will be glad you asked them too! I envy you folks who have never seen this movie. You are in for a treat.

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 12:20 PM
ttt Just 7 more hours to go! :)

Sans Couth
05-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Phil,

I have seen the movie, and I agree that it is a pretty good flick. I don't know if I share your enthusiasm as to the caliber of movie, but I do agree that it deserves way more than the 2 1/2 star rating that it got in the cable guide. It is definatley a four star film, if for no other reason than the acting is superb.

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Thank you Sans. It is a great movie. I forgot to mention that the background sound is also great and the country scene is in beautiful color.

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Just a few more hours till 7:30 P.M. and then Dawn at Socorro on TCM at 7:30 P.M. Be sure to watch it and if you don't have cable either get someone that does to record it for you or go over to someone's house that does and enjoy it.

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 02:24 PM
I have said so much about this movie I wonder if any of the other downlow members have the impression that this is my favorite movie.

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Less than two hours to go till the movie is showing on TCM! Get ready!

Sans Couth
05-16-2004, 05:55 PM
All I can say is that it is a good thing that I have TIVO, cause I aint gonna miss the Sorpranos:D

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Sans be sure to not miss Dawn at Socorro either even if you have to call someone to record it for you. There is still time! Hurry!

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Many people thought the entire cast of Dawn at Socorro should have won oscars.

3afan
05-17-2004, 02:29 PM
darn, I missed it .................:(

Phil C
05-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Be encouraged 3a. When they show it again probably within the next two months I will post when it is.