PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Cameron-Yoe

fred grunden
05-15-2004, 06:26 PM
We get to play Yoe after squeaking past Waco Connally. Can any body tell us about the Cameron team?

j_dog
05-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by fred grunden
We get to play Yoe after squeaking past Waco Connally. Can any body tell us about the Cameron team?
I see that they were runner-up in their district to Lorena, defending state champion. And they took out the District champion Groesbeck from Dist 19.

I think Jasper had better expect some more tough baseball!

bearkatdad
05-15-2004, 08:03 PM
I sure hope we have better luck with the coin flip. Anyone heard when and where the game (or games) will be played?

Old Tiger
05-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Their ace pitcher is a soph. in Brandon Kimbrel he throws low to high 80's it vary's. A good curve ball but mainly uses speed. Their short stop TJ Oliverra, also a soph, is a awesome short stop. He has 10 home runs I believe. They can hit the ball. Good Luck Cameron and Jasper. Should be a really good game. Where will yall be playing at first?

JasperDog94
05-15-2004, 08:21 PM
I think we've learned that Jasper can't do anything easy this year. They've continued the tradition of the "cardiac kids".:)

Cameronbystander
05-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Cameron is mostly an underclassman team just like the football team was. They have one senior pitcher who won the game this afternoon. Ryan Mullins hit two home runs tonight. The last one was a grand slam to end the game. Brandon Kimbrell hit a grand slam Thursday night in the other win against Groesbeck.

I heard the post game interview with Cameron's coach. He indicated that if Jasper won he would go for a single game winner take all verses a three game series. He felt that the Cameron team had a better chance in a one game situation because of Jasper's depth.

BTW: The Cameron coach turned in his resignation last week effective at the end of the season. He lives in Thorndale and has accepted a coaching position there for next year.

JasperDog94
05-16-2004, 01:29 PM
That's gotta be a tough situation for the kids. Knowing that their coach is leaving, yet they're in the middle of the playoffs.

pakrat
05-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Anyone know when/where the game/games will be played?

JasperDog94
05-16-2004, 09:49 PM
The coaches should get together on Monday morning and work all that out.

Hupernikomen
05-16-2004, 11:41 PM
1: 7:30 Wed @ The Woodlands
2: 7:30 Fri @ The Woodlands
3: 3 Sat @ The Woodlands vs

this is what the UIL website says

j_dog
05-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
1: 7:30 Wed @ The Woodlands
2: 7:30 Fri @ The Woodlands
3: 3 Sat @ The Woodlands vs

this is what the UIL website says
Now I like this schedule! :)

pinecone
05-17-2004, 12:34 AM
We must have won the coin toss. I hope that's not the only thing we win.

Bulldog92
05-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by pinecone
We must have won the coin toss. I hope that's not the only thing we win.
Hehe...looks like the big lefty (Mixon) got it right this time. :D I wonder if he can still hit 'em in the hospital parking lot. That guy had some serious power. Go Dogs!!!!!!

JasperDog94
05-17-2004, 08:56 AM
I might actually be able to make the 7:30 ball game on Friday.

JasperDog94
05-17-2004, 09:10 AM
We get to play Yoe after squeaking past Waco Connally. I get the feeling that WC isn't going to like seeing us in the playoffs anymore. First football, now baseball.

spiveyrat
05-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog92
Hehe...looks like the big lefty (Mixon) got it right this time. :D I wonder if he can still hit 'em in the hospital parking lot. That guy had some serious power. Go Dogs!!!!!!

Hospital parking lot???!!! Whoa!!!!

pinecone
05-17-2004, 09:50 AM

The ballpark is not as close the the hospital as it used to be. Maybe Barry Bonds could. And that would take a good roll and a lot of curb jumping. Our new stadium is very nice. A lot of the community donated supplies and labor. I think it actually belongs to the Jasper Youth Baseball organization instead of the school district.

JasperDog94
05-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Will any other Jasper fans be attending on Friday?

spiveyrat
05-17-2004, 02:22 PM
The ballpark is not as close the the hospital as it used to be. Maybe Barry Bonds could. And that would take a good roll and a lot of curb jumping. Our new stadium is very nice. A lot of the community donated supplies and labor. I think it actually belongs to the Jasper Youth Baseball organization instead of the school district.

Yeah, but when Shawn (and I) were playing, he was playing on the old field that butted up to the woods which also butted up to the hospital.

I can remember guys hitting homers into those woods and you could hear the ball flying through the leaves until *clunk*, it hit the trunk of a tree. I can't ever remember anyone putting one in the parking lot. I'm sure it happened, I just don't remember it. When Shawn was hitting all his homers, I wasn't around. He was 3 years younger than me.

Old Tiger
05-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Where and when will this game/series be played at?

Bulldog92
05-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Yeah, but when Shawn (and I) were playing, he was playing on the old field that butted up to the woods which also butted up to the hospital.

I can remember guys hitting homers into those woods and you could hear the ball flying through the leaves until *clunk*, it hit the trunk of a tree. I can't ever remember anyone putting one in the parking lot. I'm sure it happened, I just don't remember it. When Shawn was hitting all his homers, I wasn't around. He was 3 years younger than me.
He did it in practice, but never in a game. He was a lanky guy (6'3 and maybe 215 or 220), but he was pretty strong back then. I got an e-mail from him this morning and he seems pretty excited about what those kids are doing, but he said the Dogs would have to play very well to get past the Yoemen. That's pretty generic, but they'd have to be good to get this far just as Jasper has. Go Dogs... :)

Bulldog92
05-18-2004, 07:39 PM
I thought the old one belonged to JYB too...or maybe even the Lions Club. Where is the new ballpark anyway?

pinecone
05-18-2004, 08:53 PM
He did it in practice, but never in a game. He was a lanky guy (6'3 and maybe 215 or 220), but he was pretty strong back then. I got an e-mail from him this morning and he seems pretty excited about what those kids are doing, but he said the Dogs would have to play very well to get past the Yoemen. That's pretty generic, but they'd have to be good to get this far just as Jasper has. Go Dogs... :)

Did he say anything about the game being moved to Brenham? I
heard a rumor that it got moved.

Bulldog92
05-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Did he say anything about the game being moved to Brenham? I
heard a rumor that it got moved.
He didn't mention anything about that, but I usually touch base with him every two or three months, so it's not like I'm in the loop on a daily basis like most of you that are in Jasper would be. If you find out, post it though...and if there are any webcasts, post that as well. There are a few of us out-of-staters that would love a chance to be involved somehow. Who are the best players? Are there any that could be drafted in June or are signed to play college ball?

fred grunden
05-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Go to the UIL website:
www.uil.utexas.edu/ath

The games are listed as 7:30 Wed at Blinn, 8:00 Fri at N. Shore, and 3:00 Sat at N. Shore. Don't know why they were changed.

fred grunden
05-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Bulldog92, the highschool diamond is North of where it used to be. It is still in the same baseball complex. It used to be a practice field. My girls played softball on it before it got developed into the high school boys field. Remember how the road circled around through the complex? It is at the N end of the circle, just inside the loop.

Old Tiger
05-18-2004, 10:27 PM
good luck to both teams, the woodlands it too far to travel to watcha boring 7 inning baseball game

j_dog
05-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
good luck to both teams, the woodlands it too far to travel to watcha boring 7 inning baseball game
How do you know it will be 7 innings? :D

j_dog
05-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Will any other Jasper fans be attending on Friday?
I hope to be there! I might even make the Wednesday night game.

fred grunden
05-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Guess that's why its not going to be at The Woodlands.:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
05-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Go to the UIL website:
www.uil.utexas.edu/ath

The games are listed as 7:30 Wed at Blinn, 8:00 Fri at N. Shore, and 3:00 Sat at N. Shore. Don't know why they were changed. So much for going to the game...

pinecone
05-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Jasper wins game one by a score of 14-1. Scored 6 in the 1st and added 8 in the 3rd. Game over in 5 innings.

Old Tiger
05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
good job jasper but I hate to see a 18-3a team lose but it's cameron :D

j_dog
05-20-2004, 12:18 AM
I finally got to go to a Jasper game this year. :)

I have to hand it to the Cameron fans. Even though they were losing from the get-go they hung in there to the end.

spiveyrat
05-20-2004, 06:15 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
05-20-2004, 11:48 AM
I see today the online Beaumont Enterprise sports section again fails to mention the Jasper win. :rolleyes: Pathetic!

pinecone
05-20-2004, 12:20 PM
I with the help of others have been trying to do their job (Bmt Enterprse) for them. Would you like some unofficial stats. 6 runs off 5 hits, 1 walk. 1 error in the top of the 1st. Kimbrell obviously having a bad night. It happens and Jasper has seen some of that too. They lost the first game in their last series but came back strong. I expect this 2nd game to be much closer and we may have to go to game 3. Yeates struck out 9 in 5 innings. Their run came in the 2nd when Mullins hit a triple with one man on. They got people on base in every inning except the 4th. They got about 4 hits scattered out. In Jasper's big 3rd inning, it was a two out rally. Five hits, 1 error, and 3 walks did the damage. There was a pitching change after the 10th batter of the inning and that seemed to shut Jasper down. In the 5th we substituted in the batting line-up leaving only one regular who did hit a double. Coach getting his younger players some experience.

So just call me the Bmt Enterprise North:D Any questions about the game, just give me a try!

spiveyrat
05-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks 'cone!

My little rant was actually just a part of an ongoing aggrivation I have with the BE. Ever since we fell to 3A, we have gotten waaay fewer headlines.

pinecone
05-20-2004, 03:41 PM
You're right 'rat! We get no respect. They say they don't print anything about us because we have our own paper, but it only comes out once a week. By next Wednesday, it would be very old news. However, have you noticed what bigggg headlines we get when we lose a football game. They don't mind writing about us then.:rolleyes:

Reveille
05-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I see today the online Beaumont Enterprise sports section again fails to mention the Jasper win. :rolleyes: Pathetic!

Why would you expect it to be any different now than when you lived here?:D

JasperDog94
05-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Man I wish the games were going to be at the Woodlands! Oh well. Great job dawgs! Keep it up!:)