PDA

View Full Version : Hamshire Fannett vs. Bellville

Brahma73
05-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Hamshire Fannett 4, Bellville 3

La Grange
05-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Was that the end of the series, or is there another game???

If that was the last game I will say that I am very surprised at Bellville losing this early. Bellville really gave La Grange a scare earlier in the season, and to see them go is very dissapointing.

Bellville22
05-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Just a tough day for the Brahmas, and tough luck having to go one-game. I woulda liked the Brahmas if they had to go 3, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Bellville faced a crafty lefty who topped out at about 78mph, but mixed it up and kept Bellville hitters off balance. By the time they figured him out, it was too late, as the Bulls ran out of time. Not many expected H-F and Columbus to advance over Bellville and BC, but that's why they play the games.

Bellville commited 2 errors and left 10 runners on base, not to mention several mental errors in the loss.

Hats off to the seniors, just as in football, this was a tremendous group, and it's sad to see them go. Thanks for the memories guys. Jess- I know you have plenty of baseball ahead of you at A&M and then wherever the baseball gods take you. It's been a thrill watching your high school career, and what a career it was. Hold up your end of the Buengers playing ball in college, best of luck to you.

BrahmaMom
05-15-2004, 07:51 PM
I was stunned and saddened that the Brahmas were knocked out. I, too, thought a 3 game series was the way to go, Mother Nature had other plans. Congratulations to the entire 2004 Bellville team, District Champs, and especially to the seniors on the team. It was a great year, sorry to see it end so suddenly. You all had a beautiful season; the seniors are a special group and I wish them all well.