PDA

View Full Version : Judgement Night: Spurs vs Lakers in LA tonight in Game 6

PhiI C
05-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Spurs will be ready and win inspite of the obvious odds against them. Look for it to happen and for a big turnaround.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-15-2004, 06:46 PM
i sure hope so, i have arguments all the time w/ californians about which state is better, they always use the good ole' "steers and queers" thing, but its so played out. besides i just dont really like the lakers...next yr w/ all the egos gone it wont be such a lop-sided ordeal when anyone plays them.

wildstangs
05-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Like usual, I will catch heat for this....but.....GO LAKERS!

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-15-2004, 07:08 PM
either your not from texas or you've lost your marbles! or maybe way far out in west texas,(no offense to west texas) so far that you actually live in california. but if thats your thing, then ok. GO SPURS

Old Tiger
05-15-2004, 08:27 PM
GO SPURS GIT-R-DONE

kaorder1999
05-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Like usual, I will catch heat for this....but.....GO LAKERS!

youve got to be kidding.....hehe

JasperDog94
05-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
... they always use the good ole' "steers and queers" thing...
We've got the steers and they've got the queers. What's the arguement?

kaorder1999
05-15-2004, 09:09 PM
im not a huge fan of california...especially the lakers...i hate them....i like their coach....i hate the rest....

JasperDog94
05-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
im not a huge fan of california...especially the lakers...i hate them....i like their coach....i hate the rest.... ...really? I've never heard you say that...:p :p Actually I totally agree with you. I think Phil Jackson is a great coach. I just can't stand the rest of the team.

sinfan75
05-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Ya'll wanna take a guess where The Shaq went to high school? Don't like the Lakers but there's some sentimental rootin on that. But I also want the Spurs to win.

PhiI C
05-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Sintonfan I don't know the school but I know the city and state - San Antonio, Texas.

Old Green
05-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Ya'll wanna take a guess where The Shaq went to high school? Don't like the Lakers but there's some sentimental rootin on that. But I also want the Spurs to win.
S.A. Cole 2A

sinfan75
05-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Cole High School.

Old Tiger
05-15-2004, 09:44 PM
The spurs need a dominate center to complete their awesome team.

wildstangs
05-15-2004, 11:21 PM
either your not from texas or you've lost your marbles! or maybe way far out in west texas,(no offense to west texas) so far that you actually live in california. but if thats your thing, then ok. GO SPURS

:eek: Born and raised in Sweetwater Texas. Pretty far out in West Texas, but not as close to California as some other places. I have always been a Lakers fan. As soon as they are done though I support which ever Texas team is remaining. Its hard not to like San Antonio though, they are a class bunch.

lobo12
05-15-2004, 11:55 PM
did yall not hear what phil jackson said bout san antonio. im not sure but i think he said he hated the city and if u have been there you would know that you would never want to come back

wildstangs
05-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Lakers take it in 6! :clap: :clap: :clap: Tough road ahead though against either the Kings or Timberwolves.

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 07:08 AM
I was wrong this time. I really thougth San Antonio would be ready to win it tonight. Got to give the Lakers credit. When you win four straight from San Antonio it is more than just luck! SA needs to get one more good player to beat Shaq and Kobe and Karl and Payton. LA will win it all! Jason Kidd blew it by staying with the Nets as far as getting a ring is concerned.

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 08:42 AM
I should be more upset that the Spurs lost I guess but since the Sinton Pirate baseball team won the double header Saturday after losing the first game to La Feria I am not unhappy at all. Plus the game started so late (the basketball game) that I was too tired to stay up for it and went to bed and missed it. Maybe next year. NBA basketball no longer interests me now that the Spurs are out except for checking scores.

venomous tat2
05-16-2004, 11:01 AM
In the words of Rudy T " never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Yeah i pull for the lakers as well as the rockets but NOT the spurs. Living in the same state don't mean you have to root for them i also live around a bunch of cowboy haters thats their choice.

GO LAKERS!!!

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 12:05 PM
I kind of wonder whether Phil really said that but if he did I guess he prefers to live in cities such as Chicago which has such an outstanding reputation of clean politics and crime free industries. And LA is the USA's high city of high moral living standards and no crime or riots reputation. :)

PhiI C
05-16-2004, 12:06 PM
That is ok Ven even though it shows a little carelessness in your upbringing as John Wayne would say. :)

JasperDog94
05-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
...i also live around a bunch of cowboy haters thats their choice.
That's okay. We can pray for them. :D :D