PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Lakers Game 6 in LA

Phil C
05-14-2004, 08:18 AM
I had a feeling the Spurs were going to lose the last three games and unfortunately I was right even though common sense told me the Spurs would at least win one of the last three games but my feelings were right. Common sense tells me that the Lakers are up 3 - 2 with the big advantage of playing in LA next and like last year when the Spurs won by one point then beat LA then the Lakers will do it this year. The Lakers are doing what it takes to win even though the Spurs have been trying. Common sense tells me that there is no way Spurs can beat LA two straight games now. Common sense tells me that the NBA can award the Lakers the championship right now and forget the rest of the year. Forget SA, Minnesota, the Kings and for sure the East and let the Lakers have it since it is theirs. But Common Sense has been wrong thus far. Now I reverse myself. I predict the Spurs are not going to be like the Lakers last year and will fight back in LA in game 6 and somehow win the game. Then the game comes to the final showdown in SA and the Spurs really play great and win the conclusion thus a great comeback in answer to a great comeback. Spurs will beat the Lakers 4 - 3. I am not always right but I hope this time I am. GO SPURS! BEAT THE LAKERS! YOU CAN DO IT! COMEBACK CITY!

CatWoman
05-14-2004, 08:26 AM
I couldn't believe the ending. I thought we had it with .4 seconds left, but......

I have a question for you. Why did the Lakers get the ball out of bounds in their end of the court. I thought after an opposing team's basket, which the Spurs had just made, that you had to throw the ball in under their basket? Please explain.

Phil C
05-14-2004, 09:26 AM
I don't know the rule Cat but it may have to do with a timeout rule. Still 0.4 second is very short. You just about have to shoot when you get the ball right away. He ducked a little and then shot. I think the timer was off in starting it say about .1 of a second and then the shot is not good. But no one checked that.

PappaBear
05-14-2004, 11:05 AM
I think it was a good shot but it made me sick, I think I threw my shoulder out when Duncan made the shot, I was fired up. but that last one by Fisher hurt.:confused:

3afan2K3
05-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by CatWoman
I couldn't believe the ending. I thought we had it with .4 seconds left, but......

I have a question for you. Why did the Lakers get the ball out of bounds in their end of the court. I thought after an opposing team's basket, which the Spurs had just made, that you had to throw the ball in under their basket? Please explain.
If you call a certain timeout you get the ball down there. It is a stupid rule.

GUNHO
05-14-2004, 11:58 AM
I heard they were relooking at the tapes to watch the time.I don't know why.They want change anything.

Phil C
05-15-2004, 09:36 AM
That is right Gunho! It won't change anything. They should have considered that right after the shot from all considerations. Very unprofessional. You can bet they would probably have done it if it had been the Spurs that made the last shot at the buzzer. The NBA and TV want the Lakers in the finals for ratings and money. I think the Spurs will fight back and win tonight. Let's hope they have a fairly safe lead in the last minutes or they are not only playing the Lakers but the media and NBA. Go Spurs!

wildstangs
05-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Call me crazy, but I still think the Spurs have the advantage. It will be a miracle if the Lakers are able to knock of San Antonio four games in a row. Then to have to go back to San Antonio for game 7 will be brutal.

kaorder1999
05-15-2004, 11:55 AM
go sa go sa go sa

mwynn05
05-15-2004, 12:24 PM
go spurs

fred grunden
05-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Did the admiral make that much of a difference from last yr to thisyear?

AggieJohn
05-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
If you call a certain timeout you get the ball down there. It is a stupid rule.

it's a pointless rule....the dumb NBA has been making rules the last 3 years that just add to make the game more exciting and less pure

Old Tiger
05-15-2004, 03:54 PM
GO SPURS GET 'EM IN GAME 6!!!!