PDA

View Full Version : spurs wild ending

turbostud
05-13-2004, 09:55 PM
anybody see the ending to the game? wow

Ranger Mom
05-13-2004, 09:59 PM
I just KNEW the Spurs had it all wrapped up....Lakers win with 0.4 seconds...I couldn't believe it!!

wildstangs
05-13-2004, 10:00 PM
WOO HOOO!!!! I knew it was over for the Lakers season when Duncan hit that shot. Pure luck at the end for both teams. Duncan and Fischer couldn't hit those shots again if their lives depended on it.

Old Green
05-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Awesome ending.

Bellville22
05-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Lakers and Yankees. There's few things I hate more.

venomous tat2
05-13-2004, 10:38 PM
the last time i saw a finish like that (in the playoffs) ralph sampson did it for the rockets against the lakers. you don't see this often. "ONE HELL OF A FINISH' GO LAKERS!!!

Old Tiger
05-13-2004, 10:45 PM
What happened, I'm lost :(

wildstangs
05-13-2004, 10:52 PM
If I told you Old Tiger you wouldnt believe me :)

venomous tat2
05-13-2004, 10:56 PM
spurs got the ball /5.04 or close to that duncan pulls up at the top of the key hits the jumper,lakers get a time out / 0.4 fisher throws up the winning shot DEEP ON THE WING for the win. oh yeah btw on duncans shot the spurs went up 72 to 71 one hell of a finish. GO LAKERS!!!.

lobo12
05-13-2004, 11:18 PM
I completely agree with bellville22

JasperDog94
05-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Lakers and Yankees. There's few things I hate more.
Well said.

Bulldog92
05-13-2004, 11:55 PM
I'm with you guys in the Yankees/Lakers thing. Buying championships or even attempting to is boring to me. It'll be interesting to see the Lake Show next year when Phil (who I really like), Kobe, Gary, and Karl aren't on the team. They all have a way out after this year whether it be retirement, free agency, opt outs in their contracts, and Kobe's other problem if it comes to that. If all of those guys leave, Shaq's all by himself. Will he ask to be traded? It'll be interesting...but one way or another this looks to be a one-shot deal for the Lakers as they are right now.

kaorder1999
05-13-2004, 11:59 PM
i cant believe i missed this one...wow

SintonFan
05-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog92
I'm with you guys in the Yankees/Lakers thing. Buying championships or even attempting to is boring to me. It'll be interesting to see the Lake Show next year when Phil (who I really like), Kobe, Gary, and Karl aren't on the team. They all have a way out after this year whether it be retirement, free agency, opt outs in their contracts, and Kobe's other problem if it comes to that. If all of those guys leave, Shaq's all by himself. Will he ask to be traded? It'll be interesting...but one way or another this looks to be a one-shot deal for the Lakers as they are right now.
Man guys, that last shot just tore me up...
I mean, the Spur's are the good guys right?:thinking:

kaorder1999
05-14-2004, 12:03 AM
i hate the lakers...i have never liked the lakers...i will never like hte lakers

SintonFan
05-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i hate the lakers...i have never liked the lakers...i will never like hte lakers
After listening to the beheading yesterday, I had a hard time 'getting up for the Spurs'...:(

kaorder1999
05-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
After listening to the beheading yesterday, I had a hard time 'getting up for the Spurs'...:(

what do you mean?

SintonFan
05-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
what do you mean?
umm, all I could think about was "Sports"(including, the Spurs) isn't so IMPORTANT anymore!
I have a bad taste in my mouth put there by AL Quaida!
Have you seen the video of the beheading??? It kinda puts thing's into perspective.
I want to 'recover' but am sure I will not...:eek:

kaorder1999
05-14-2004, 12:18 AM
yeah...i saw it...made me sick to my stomach...

Bulldog92
05-14-2004, 12:21 AM
I know. That was the most gruesome thing I've seen since 9/11. Very sad...

Phil C
05-14-2004, 08:12 AM
If you will check my post I knew the Lakers even when the Spurs finally caught up and was up 68 to 67 I said the Lakers would win it! Once again I was right. Even when there was 0.4 of a second left I had a bad felling especially when I saw the Lakers were going to get it at the Spurs end of the field. Remember the NBA and the media want the Lakers to win because they draw higher ratings so naturally in the end close calls in games like this will go the Lakers way. Maybe it was my imagination but just as Tim Duncan got off his shot didn't it appear that Shaq had hit his arm and a foul was in order. The shot would have Counted but Duncan would have been at the free throw line. Things might have changed. I may be wrong but i am not sure. And on the throw in didn't it appear that the timer was about 0.1 of a second off at starting the clock. Remember the Laker had to duck around to get the shot. True he got it off but the clock should have expired. Maybe I am wrong. But I just had a feeling the Lakers were going to pull it off. Now t hey are at 3 - 2 which is a much bigger advantage that when the Spurs were 2 - 1 or even 2 - 0.

Phil C
05-14-2004, 09:23 AM
I wonder why no one thought to check on when the clock started on the inbound pass. Everyone verified that the shot got off in time but why didn't anyone question the timing start and review that. I know 0.4 of a second is very short and you have to just about shoot the ball right when you get it but Fisher actually ducked and then shot. Oh well. It was probably just the media and NBA trying to refocus the attention. It is in the best interest of the NBA and tv for the Lakers to win to get higher ratings and more money.

JasperDog94
05-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Of course the commisioner is denying that San Antonio is protesting the outcome....big shock.:rolleyes: