PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 Football

CRHSeagle
05-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Which 3a schools are participating? Our new head coach was in charge of 7 on 7 at Richland High and is gonna run it over here too. We are gonna hold are own tournament with local teams.

pirate4state
05-13-2004, 03:11 PM
I heard that Sinton would be playing, but I'm not 100%. Can anyone confirm?

olddawggreen
05-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
Which 3a schools are participating? Our new head coach was in charge of 7 on 7 at Richland High and is gonna run it over here too. We are gonna hold are own tournament with local teams.

Burnet is playing for sure, but it is my understanding that the highschool coaching staff is not allowed in any way to be involved in coaching 7 on 7. OOPs :eek:

Sintonfbplayer04
05-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Sinton is playing for sure. Count them in. You will see me there

pirate4state
05-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Sintonfbplayer04
Sinton is playing for sure. Count them in. You will see me there Cool, thanks!

mwynn05
05-13-2004, 05:58 PM
fairfield is playing and coaches cant coach but im pretty sure they can get leagues set up and get games together

La Grange
05-13-2004, 07:02 PM
La Grange is participating in a 7 on 7 tournament right now in Lexington. Later on in the summer I believe the Leps are going to play in Bellville. La Grange always appoints a senior as the coach of the 7 in 7 team, now-a-days we have Puddlugger's son Alby as the coach.

The Leps aren't doing so hot in their 7 on 7 games. Last Tuesday the Leps lost all 3 games, but the baseball team is not permitted to play due to injury concerns so some valuable players were not available.

Right now the Leps need to find a quarterback that can throw (I figure that is a valuable thing to have in a 7 on 7 league), now all we have is one that can run around and make you look stupid.

Pudlugger
05-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Don't worry La Grange , Alby will have those guys in shape in no time. The games this week were rained out, so hopefully they will get a chance to redeem themselves next week.

Mustang '89
05-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Don't worry La Grange , Alby will have those guys in shape in no time. The games this week were rained out, so hopefully they will get a chance to redeem themselves next week.

Pud, Does your son have any plans for football after High School?

Old Green
05-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Cuero is participating in 7 0n 7. Games every Thursday at the practice field for the month of may.
Games were canceled today because of bad weather.

CRHSeagle
05-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Burnet is playing for sure, but it is my understanding that the highschool coaching staff is not allowed in any way to be involved in coaching 7 on 7. OOPs :eek:

i meant that he set up the tournaments.

Old Tiger
05-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
La Grange is participating in a 7 on 7 tournament right now in Lexington. Later on in the summer I believe the Leps are going to play in Bellville. La Grange always appoints a senior as the coach of the 7 in 7 team, now-a-days we have Puddlugger's son Alby as the coach.

The Leps aren't doing so hot in their 7 on 7 games. Last Tuesday the Leps lost all 3 games, but the baseball team is not permitted to play due to injury concerns so some valuable players were not available.

Right now the Leps need to find a quarterback that can throw (I figure that is a valuable thing to have in a 7 on 7 league), now all we have is one that can run around and make you look stupid. oic, i was wondering why yall didn't do good over there, and yes yall do need a qb that can throw i got 2 int's off the ones yall were using

kaorder1999
05-14-2004, 12:10 AM
7 on 7 is fun to watch....

olddawggreen
05-14-2004, 08:49 AM
If youve never been to the state finals in College Station, youve got to go, talk about fast action! I believe we played about 8 games in 2 days last year before getting knocked off by Permian Odessa in the final game. One of the neat things about it is that all classes compete against each other 5A on down. The games are played on fields around the stadium, with the finals being played on Kyle Field. During the elimination games there are many games going at the same time, fast paced and lots of excitement! It really gives you a chance to preview lots of talent from around the state. If you come to watch, bring lawn chairs and hats (or umbrellas) it gets pretty hot, but its well worth the experience!

olddawggreen
05-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
If youve never been to the state finals in College Station, youve got to go, talk about fast action! I believe we played about 8 games in 2 days last year before getting knocked off by Permian Odessa in the final game. One of the neat things about it is that all classes compete against each other 5A on down. The games are played on fields around the stadium, with the finals being played on Kyle Field. During the elimination games there are many games going at the same time, fast paced and lots of excitement! It really gives you a chance to preview lots of talent from around the state. If you come to watch, bring lawn chairs and hats (or umbrellas) it gets pretty hot, but its well worth the experience!

Pudlugger
05-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Mustang '89
Pud, Does your son have any plans for football after High School?

Mustang '89 thanks for asking. Alby will be playing for the Trinity Tigers next year. The Tigers are the 3rd most winning team in DIII and went to the finals in the Amos Alonso Stagg Bowl in 2002 losing to Mount Union, the 500 pound Gorrilla in DIII. Alby will be vying for a spot in the Pro-Set O featuring a split end/B-Back rather then the traditional TE. I am looking forward to some great games next fall. Chase Anderle may be opposing Alby as a starter for Texas Lutheran next fall. TLU may have made one of the best recruiting moves in a long time if Chase decides to attend next fall. I haven't heard yet on this but it would be great to follow this terrific kid for four more years in DIII ball.